TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Ford Gt350 Sai "supercobra" Upgrade !

cmcmotorworks

Good discussion. Limited production is never a guarranty of higher future value. Ask any original buyer of the 1994 Mustang Pace Car or any Mustang Cobra R models. Current values continue to be below the original MSRP. The Ford GT is a wonderful exception...for now. As has been recommended to me over and over again, always buy for the ride and personal appeal, not financial speculation. :cool:

Fair enough, but limited production does help. I don't believe that any of the enthusiasts posting here are buying these late model cars with intentions to drive, enjoy and then sell for a profit. The excitement and feeling provided by these cars is worth something and costs something in return. The market value of our cars is influenced by the mileage and condition, coupled with limited production numbers vs popular demand. Our hopes are to minimize the cost associated with driving, enjoying and being the caretakers of these cars until they are past on to their next life.

The new Ford GT on the other hand is a balance between what they can sell (it's a market I've explained before) but more probably limited to what they can produce in the factory. It is likely Ford will balance it so that demand and capacity are closely matched.

250 a year for $400K a car made over multiple years! WHOA!!! I bet Ford still sells everyone of them. Although that kind of annual capacity for the production facility sounds about right.

Precisely! Excellent point. The KR brigade constantly points to this obvious abberation and claims that the same will happen to their "investments" in the very near future. NOT! Pace cars, Special Editions, Comemaratives, Forget about it. Not investments, that stuff depreciates just like everything else. The time to buy those is 10 years down the road when the sucker who bought one and squireled it away finally realizes that the salesman at the friendly neighborhood Ford dealer was all wrong when he bent him over for sticker telling him it didn't matter because it was sure to go up in value and he sells it for 30 cents on a dollar.

Sad but true. But the industry depends on the "got have it now" buyers who have to be the first to show that they have this special toy and you do not. It always seems the first limited anythings go way over the sticker price and the last batch of production sits around and the same "limited" ride can be had for less than MSRP as the dealer wants to finally get them out of the showroom. This even happened with the last run of the Ford GT. I know buyers who paid $80,000 to $100,000 over the sticker price and others who in the final year, paid way less than the numbers on window. I am sure many of you have similar experiences or stories. :cool:

Precisely! Excellent point. The KR brigade constantly points to this obvious abberation and claims that the same will happen to their "investments" in the very near future. NOT! Pace cars, Special Editions, Comemaratives, Forget about it. Not investments, that stuff depreciates just like everything else. The time to buy those is 10 years down the road when the sucker who bought one and squireled it away finally realizes that the salesman at the friendly neighborhood Ford dealer was all wrong when he bent him over for sticker telling him it didn't matter because it was sure to go up in value and he sells it for 30 cents on a dollar.

Show me posts where any of them made that claim. I think they used the GT as an example to counter your blanket claim that all new cars depreciate but I don't remember any of them using the GT as an exaple of why their cars would appreciate. .

Good discussion. Limited production is never a guarranty of higher future value. Ask any original buyer of the 1994 Mustang Pace Car or any Mustang Cobra R models. Current values continue to be below the original MSRP. The Ford GT is a wonderful exception...for now. As has been recommended to me over and over again, always buy for the ride and personal appeal, not financial speculation. :cool:

As someone that has been on the hunt for a 93 R, not sure what MSRP was, but I know what they are going for now :drop:

Aside from that portion of your statement, I do agree 100%. :cool:

Sorry all, :backtotopic:

Sounds cheap by todays prices. Would many guys really be looking for one of those with what is available new and used. This second muscle car era has yielded stuff that is beyond our wildest dreams 20 years ago.

Asking prices have been as high as 120k over the last couple of years. Current selling prices average around $60k. It's not all just about performance. People buy and collect cars for a lot of other reasons.

At 60 grand the others guys are more than welcome to all of them. If I remember correctly they only made about 110 of them. BTW I think most us here are aware of the plethora of reasons why people buy these cars of particular interest but thanks anyway for the enlightenment.

You're close. It was 107. Also, I'm glad to be of help.

Archived