TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Ford Gt350 Sai "supercobra" Upgrade !

cmcmotorworks

OK fine. Let's just pretend I'm doing "Market Research" for Shelby American ! Pre-title or post-title ? Special order GT350's direct from Ford to SAI (A/C delete, rear seat delete,stereo delete etc.) Or post title at owners time frame and discretion. What upgrades ? Engine internals,supercharge etc. It's time to start the discussion !

OK fine. Let's just pretend I'm doing "Market Research" for Shelby American ! Pre-title or post-title ? Special order GT350's direct from ford to SAI (A/C delete, rear seat delete,stereo delete etc.) Or post title at owners time frame and discretion. What upgrades ? Engine internals,supercharge etc. It's time to start the discussion !

I would think SAI would first have to get the okay from Ford as they have the right to the Shelby G.T 350 that they negotiated with SAI .

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't the 08', 09' GT500 KR pre-title from Ford to SAI ? Ford holds the trademark to GT500. Ford approval goes without saying.

Ford does NOT have/hold/own the trademark for GT500. Also Ford did not negotiate with SAI for the use of the GT350 name, that was between Carroll (now the CHS Trust) and Ford.

Not trying to split hairs here but SAI is/was not involved in these arrangements contrary to what many believe.

Steve

Ford does NOT have/hold/own the trademark for GT500. Also Ford did not negotiate with SAI for the use of the GT350 name, that was between Carroll (now the CHS Trust) and Ford.

Not trying to split hairs here but SAI is/was not involved in these arrangements contrary to what many believe.

Steve

my impression that the guy was meaning that the car was built to kr spec then sold .

Steve

Thanks Steve. Great info. Nothing wrong with splitting hairs. Splitting hairs is gives us detailed knowledge of things we may be misinformed about.

Why do you think Ford won't build as many gt350r as are ordered? They will be.limited but only because just like the boss302 laguna seca they will only build to order. Dealers that put a spec car on the lot do so at their own risk (and a few will do so)

The BOSS 302 Laguna Seca was NOT built to order. Ford intended to build a finite number of those cars. I haven't heard the same with the GT350R, but Ford has stated it will be limited.

Thanks Steve. Great info. Nothing wrong with splitting hairs. Splitting hairs is gives us detailed knowledge of things we may be misinformed about.

Many enthusiasts don't understand that Shelby American is not the parent company, Carroll Shelby International is who is now controlled by CHS Trust. As strange as it may seem Shelby American is a Licensee that pays CSL/CHS Trust a royalty for each car built. SAI didn't really have a say in the Ford built GT350, that was between Carroll and CSL. This is why SAI can no longer build GT350's as SAI's license to build a GT350 ended back on 12/31/2013.

This is what prompted the all new & improved 2015 Shelby GT which really doesn't share much with the earlier SGT's other than the name.

Steve

Many enthusiasts don't understand that Shelby American is not the parent company, Carroll Shelby International is who is now controlled by CHS Trust. As strange as it may seem Shelby American is a Licensee that pays CSL/CHS Trust a royalty for each car built. SAI didn't really have a say in the Ford built GT350, that was between Carroll and CSL. This is why SAI can no longer build GT350's as SAI's license to build a GT350 ended back on 12/31/2013.

This is what prompted the all new & improved 2015 Shelby GT which really doesn't share much with the earlier SGT's other than the name.

Steve

So who is in charge of CHS Trust?

Steve

Just curious to why Mr. Shelby and CSL made the move. SAI is staying in business and SAI is owned by Carroll's Trust and the CSL still, if I am not mistaken. Kind of like history repeating its self, like back in 68 when Ford built the cars and it ended in 70 with the carryover 69's. Almost sounds like the same deal, but now on good terms with Ford. Are we to assume that maybe this is what Mr. Shelby wanted to do all along back in 70, but didn't work out. Now that relationship is better and secure for the future. Even though, and I do wish it was SAI building the new GT350,s, I like how SAI has grown with merchandising and parts. Great way to profit and make a company grow. One great example of this; George Lucas with his Star Wars franchise! Smart move for SAI!! You have my support!

Just curious to why Mr. Shelby and CSL made the move. SAI is staying in business and SAI is owned by Carroll's Trust and the CSL still, if I am not mistaken. Kind of like history repeating its self, like back in 68 when Ford built the cars and it ended in 70 with the carryover 69's. Almost sounds like the same deal, but now on good terms with Ford. Are we to assume that maybe this is what Mr. Shelby wanted to do all along back in 70, but didn't work out. Now that relationship is better and secure for the future. Even though, and I do wish it was SAI building the new GT350,s, I like how SAI has grown with merchandising and parts. Great way to profit and make a company grow. One great example of this; George Lucas with his Star Wars franchise! Smart move for SAI!! You have my support!

I would think it comes down to numbers. A couple hundred GT350's from SAI or thousands of GT350's from Ford. Pretty easy to see which one benefits CSL & the CHS Trust the most. I'm content knowing that this was Carroll's decision.

Steve

I would think it comes down to numbers. A couple hundred GT350's from SAI or thousands of GT350's from Ford. Pretty easy to see which one benefits CSL & the CHS Trust the most. I'm content knowing that this was Carroll's decision.

Steve

Makes sense to me. Better yet, makes dollars! LOL

Steve

The value of My 2012 race red Shelby built GT350 just went up !

It is really hard to believe that there are still enthusiasts who follow these offerings over the years that still believe in the "limited" concept. What is "limited" other than the those willing to buy?

Who wanted a GT500 and didn't get one because there weren't enough to go around. Who wanted a KR and didn't get one? Same goes for Shelby GTs, Boss 302s etc. The limited production phrase is meaningless as there are ultimately limits to everything that corporate America produces. Ford builds what they believe the public will buy an then some. Rebates and incentives make the leftovers and excesses disappear. We have all seen this scenario play out more times than one can remember.

I'm beginning to think sideoiler was turned down by a girl named Shelby to go to the prom, and has never gotten over it !

OK Sir, you seem to have a problem with me or this particular post. Tell me exactly which part of that post is wrong or untrue. You seem to have this habit of responding to most of my posts here with some sort of personal attack. Kinda weird but I am really not offended.

I mean no personal attack. Just applying the same tongue in cheek/sarcasm that you seem to use in your posts. At least that's how I have taken them up until now. Have I been incorrect ? Just having a little fun as if you were one of my best friends !

Limited production is only limited as to how many they can sell .. rule one of business

Well sort of. Production of Mustang class vehicles is limited by sales. So vehicles like Boss302LS and the GT350R are/will be built so as to sell, but not have inventory left over at the end of the model year. I call it built to order, a more appropriate might be built to demand.

The new Ford GT on the other hand is a balance between what they can sell (it's a market I've explained before) but more probably limited to what they can produce in the factory. It is likely Ford will balance it so that demand and capacity are closely matched.

No sweat man, all good here. Never known a true car guy in the flesh that I didn't like or get along with. I absolutely love this stuff, GT500s, KRs, GT350, Boss 302s, just have a different perspective based on a life time of personal experience buying and selling this stuff. Its fun, downright exciting and a passion but there is a fundamental reality regarding value/ depreciation that simply cannot be ignored in the context of a rational framework.

I agree. Sounds like we're on the same page on some things, but apart on others and that's OK. Nothing wrong with good healthy debating. That's what gets us thinking.

Good discussion. Limited production is never a guarranty of higher future value. Ask any original buyer of the 1994 Mustang Pace Car or any Mustang Cobra R models. Current values continue to be below the original MSRP. The Ford GT is a wonderful exception...for now. As has been recommended to me over and over again, always buy for the ride and personal appeal, not financial speculation. :cool:

Archived