TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Silver Steering Wheel Trim

The plastic trim pieces snap right off. I used an interior-trim plastic pry-bar when I painted the ones on my 2008 convertible flat black to reduce sun glare.

16344737162_4e8a054375_z.jpg

Unfortunately, the 2014s are real aluminum and the steering wheel has to come off, or an extensive and meticulous masking job has to go on.

I believe these are the Ford numbers your looking for.

Rt/side 3:00 O'Clock Position part# 4R3Z 3D758-BA
Lt/side 9:00 O'Clock Position part# 4R3Z 3D758-AA
lower 6:00 O'Clock Position part# 4R3Z 3D758-CA

Looks like SGT0128 is on the right track.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-05-09-Mustang-Steering-Wheel-Cover-Panel-4R3Z3D758BA-/231398702170

I found some old notes and it was Gary Disney that told me these covers were not available separately. I had wanted to change my oem silver covers for the charcoal covers used on the Bullitt Mustang.

Good to know even though I went with a new s/wheel.

Steve

Looks rather nice, Frank. I may consider this myself, as mine are starting to show their age. Any special paint(s) involved?

My choice of paints was restricted to what I found already on the shelf in the garage: Rustoleum semi-flat or satin, if I recall correctly. I didn't sandpaper the surfaces, simply cleaned them thoroughly with naphtha, and applied two light coats.

I have another project going, one that requires more naphtha than remains in my 6-year-old pint can. Naphtha is no longer sold over the counter in California. Had to order it from out-of-state. Mercy.

Okay, okay...Thinking.

Yup, got a can of Rust-O in chalk board black, another can of satin clear. Going to try this out on some scraps, see what it looks like.

Thank you, Frank!

BTW...this chalk board black is a nice color. Deeper and smoother than just flat black. I use it on the few small parts under the hood that need a touch-up every so often. Y'all might give it a try, easy enough to find in any hardware store.

Y'all be safe.

Archived