TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not That New To The Forum

KB12 Cobra

Hello fellow Shelby enthusiasts, I've been on this forum for quite sometime (mostly as an unregistered guest) but I wanted to take this time to introduce myself now that I have a few post under my belt:) I had the opportunity to locate and purchase a very clean unmolested 2012 Kona blue stripe delete, svtpp, electronics package, recaro race seats Shelby GT 500 that I love! I'm not new to performance cars, but I am relatively new to the Shelby GT500 and I wanted to thank the members here for providing so much info and the knowledge that I gained was invaluable during my search of the car that I've always wanted to own. Now, with anything there are pros and cons and this car is no different, I love the retro style, aggressive good looks and exclusivity of the Shelby GT500 and of course the muscle and performance of the 5.4 liter supercharged V8, but just like pretty much everyone here I don't like the hockey puck GY tires and the unpredictability of the live axel/rear end, it can get outright scary at times. I do have a set of 50 year Alcoa dura-Brite rims that I plan on wrapping with MPSS so that should remedy the loss of traction issues. I have other mods/upgrades in mind that will be addressing the rear suspension issues as well, but all in due time. For me the hard part is over and that was finding the car with everything that I wanted. I really like the comradery of the members on this forum and what it means to own a very special car like the Shelby GT500, I look forward to sharing info and experiences with you all!

KB12, Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your Shelby purchase.

Have you thought about coming to the Vegas Bash next week?

Steve

Thank you Steve, I would love to go! I thought about attending and how I can "get away" from prior commitments but I think I won't be able to make it this year. I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

The 11, it's all about the clutch..Pick_up_the_14_day_06_04_2014_005.jpg

Yeah, I've heard that the clutch on the 14 isn't easy to live with like it is on the 11-12. I know HP is king and the 13-14 have incredible amounts of power, especially the 14. I didn't want something that had a grueling clutch, it losses it's "fun factor" with every shift, especially with stop and go city traffic IMO. I opted for the 12 because of how easy it was to drive, and if need be I could use it as a DD.

My Super Snake is a DD.

Welcome to Team Shelby!

Thanks 06H275, your Super Snake is bad-ass! And a daily driver, no doubt. What sort of daily driving do you do in it? (I.e work commute, run errands, trips to in&out drive thru) lol. I love the super snake conversion, but I always wondered what sort of driving manners it had with being on the razors edge of very high performance.

garage2013 010.jpg

Well, since I live in Northern B.C., my driving is limited to 6 months a year, but I drive it almost every day. To work, groceries, errands, every chance I get. Last summer I did a 4 hour drive up to Dawson Creek, actually did it in 3hrs,5mins. My buddy's finger impressions are still on the dashboard. It is so much fun to drive! My GT-H hardly get's driven, even though its so much easier to drive. Love the looks, and the respect it demands!

attachicon.gifgarage2013 010.jpg

Well, since I live in Northern B.C., my driving is limited to 6 months a year, but I drive it almost every day. To work, groceries, errands, every chance I get. Last summer I did a 4 hour drive up to Dawson Creek, actually did it in 3hrs,5mins. My buddy's finger impressions are still on the dashboard. It is so much fun to drive! My GT-H hardly get's driven, even though its so much easier to drive. Love the looks, and the respect it demands!

[/quote

Your buddy probably has learned where to hold on the next time he rides with you, lol. I love living in Cali, nice weather year round, I couldn't imagine living where it snowed and rained most of the year. So what kind of driving impressions can you describe about the supersnake? How easy/not easy to drive is it compared to the stock GT500? Like the clutch, is the suspension jarring? Since you drive it almost every day how how are the road manners?

I would say it's considerably more "jarring" than the stock GT-500. Never been a relaxing drive, and I don't think it's meant to be. Always fun, even though it's a bit of a workout. And to have that much power...PRICELESS!

When I did the long highway drive, the endless drone and rumble from 6th gear became almost too much...almost. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I miss it alot right now during winter, but 2 more months and... :shift:

Can't wait!

Cheers

Yes it moved to The District in Tustin. Not sure if its temp or what

Thanks for the info. I just looked it up and it appears The District did not work out. C&C is now at the Enderle Center on 17th and Yorba St. I may check it out in a couple weeks if its still running.

Archived