TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sticker Renewal Charge

SHLBY EH

When I renewed my license plate stickers this past January was informed the charge for stickers is going up AGAIN in September.

WTF??

The sticker charge went up last year and yet again? WHY??

When I asked for the reason I was told to use these funds to repair & maintain the roads. I am calling BS. Thought the gas tax was to be in part used for that. Double dipping perhaps? <vent>

With all the HUGE revenues from the Ontario Gambling addiction from our provincial government, why can't some of these HUGE profits be redirected for necessary provincial items. Where are all these HUGE gambling profits going??</vent>

I recall when I lived in Toronto I paid a large yearly amount for sticker renewal, then I moved to Stratford and the yearly sticker charge was not the same. It was $60 (back in the middle 1990s) but Toronto was much more. I was surprised.

Lived in Trenton, a few years ago and was paying $70 or $75 for stickers.

This year in Bethany (Kawartha Lakes area) I paid $98 for each plate (x3) and was informed going up $10 in September.

Oh come on, this is nuts and I would like to be part of or start a petition to our money hungry provincial government to stop this increase. But I have no idea on how to do this or where to host this? Any suggestions??

How much did you pay or are going to for your renewal in 2015 & where do you live?

When I renewed my license plate stickers this past January was informed the charge for stickers is going up AGAIN in September.

WTF??

The sticker charge went up last year and yet again? WHY??

When I asked for the reason I was told to use these funds to repair & maintain the roads. I am calling BS. Thought the gas tax was to be in part used for that. Double dipping perhaps? <vent>

With all the HUGE revenues from the Ontario Gambling addiction from our provincial government, why can't some of these HUGE profits be redirected for necessary provincial items. Where are all these HUGE gambling profits going??</vent>

I recall when I lived in Toronto I paid a large yearly amount for sticker renewal, then I moved to Stratford and the yearly sticker charge was not the same. It was $60 (back in the middle 1990s) but Toronto was much more. I was surprised.

Lived in Trenton, a few years ago and was paying $70 or $75 for stickers.

This year in Bethany (Kawartha Lakes area) I paid $98 for each plate (x3) and was informed going up $10 in September.

Oh come on, this is nuts and I would like to be part of or start a petition to our money hungry provincial government to stop this increase. But I have no idea on how to do this or where to host this? Any suggestions??

How much did you pay or are going to for your renewal in 2015 & where do you live?

I agree this government is going to milk us for everything they can look at gasoline its inching itself back up already, We are going to pay for the debt that they have incurred .

If you find out away to petition this let me know I will push it at this end.

I agree this government is going to milk us for everything they can look at gasoline its inching itself back up already, We are going to pay for the debt that they have incurred .

If you find out away to petition this let me know I will push it at this end.

I started a blog as a start, hopefully it will get some traction.

http://www.rayulbikas.com/2015/02/ontario-canada-licence-plate-sticker-renewal-charge/

A friend from Kingston passed this link, unfortunately it is closed...

https://www.change.org/p/ontario-provincial-government-eliminate-licence-plate-stickers

Ya that Joe Patterson is the same person that started the petition against the Gov. wanting to test antique & Classic cars I had that petition at the local cruise nights & my car show over a year ago.

The government had a crew of students stopping & checking old cars out & if it was missing any of its original pollution equipment the owner had to have it fixed or be fined . Most people that I talk to threw the paper notice away. The problem was they were set up here in Brantford & I was holding a charity car show & didn`t want them around this area during that time as it might keep people from attending.