TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Glass Top Anyone ?

Not sure what year model you are speaking of. The original SGTs were 2007 and 2008. Ford factory glass roofs were not available until 2009. So no SGTs would have a factory glass roof. Amy Boylan, the President of SAI at the time had a glass roof installed on her GO SGT/SC which is now owned by Fadi Cherfane. I don't know of any other original SGTs with a glass roof. If you are speaking of the 2011-2014 SGTs, I'm not really sure how many have been built, but you could do a factory glass roof on one of those. Otherwise you would have to do an aftermarket glass roof.

mump-1304-07%2Bfadi-cherfane-shelby-coll

We have a factory glass roof on our 2009 Terlingua and really enjoy it :cool:.

Before Ford started offering it, it was an aftermarket only addition from a company called Classic Design Concepts. They no longer offer it, most likely because Ford began offering it as an option. A good friend of mine had the Classic Design one installed on his 05 GT not long after he bought it. I really liked it in his car, and it was surprisingly cool even on sunny days. It had some sort of layer that reflected much of the heat away. I thought about getting it myself, but the company quit offering it before I was ready to pull the trigger. That company still offers a glass roof for Chrysler products unfortunately. I added a link from an old article where they installed it on a Mustang. Interesting read, and I still wish they made it.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/paint-body/m5lp-0810-ford-mustang-glass-roof-panel/

I don't know if I've even seen anybody on this site with a 13-14 SGT. The question wouldn't be if Shelby offered it, the question would be if any owner of a 13-14 with a glass roof had their Mustang converted to an SGT. It would not be a Shelby offering, it would depend on how the car was delivered from Ford originally. I don't think that I've seen a SGT converted from a glass roof Mustang, but certainly possible.

Before Ford started offering it, it was an aftermarket only addition from a company called Classic Design Concepts. They no longer offer it, most likely because Ford began offering it as an option. A good friend of mine had the Classic Design one installed on his 05 GT not long after he bought it. I really liked it in his car, and it was surprisingly cool even on sunny days. It had some sort of layer that reflected much of the heat away. I thought about getting it myself, but the company quit offering it before I was ready to pull the trigger. That company still offers a glass roof for Chrysler products unfortunately. I added a link from an old article where they installed it on a Mustang. Interesting read, and I still wish they made it.

This post explains it much better than I could. Back in 2008, I was 50 bucks short of buying one, as I recall it was about 3500.00 complete. I saw the display car, then rode in it, then drove it overnight, all while negotiating financing. Cash was tight then, and I wanted to be sure about this new product. All of it was very impressive.

Never a Shelby offering, only CDC as stated above. No comment on Fords offering, never saw one in the flesh. Also not sure I would get one if buying a new car today, my interests have changed. Moreover, I have replaced windshields fractured during road racing due to body flex under hard driving, can't say a glass roof would fare any better.

Hope this helps, y'all be safe.

Archived