TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Kr Story. How About Keeping This Thread Positive.

AlaskanKR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom...Did not notice the cool guy in the black shirt, but now yes (I was fixated on your beautiful GT350)....Adidas with the New Zealand Silver Fern. Are you our USA ambassador???

Great mobile advertising. You look good in it...................

Hey Sam,

I'm a big fan of all things NZ, been there three times, and absolutely love it, and the people there.

I've done a number of projects (3) up in Russell (Bay of Islands), check out the link here to one that I worked on.

http://www.eaglesnest.co.nz/villas/rahimoana/

The yellow 350 isn't mine, I posted the pix to illustrate my history with these cars (standing beside the same car 40 years apart)...that being said, I wish it was mine. Apparently that car will be featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines, and my pix (I am told) will be included in that story.

Back to topic now...bring on those KR stories

Well , here is my story its not too exciting so here goes.Going back to 2007 i bought a gt500.I already had a 2003 svt cobra and svtfocus.So one i had went to have lunch with the guy who sold me my gt500. We were talking and he had stated they were getting a gt500kr and they were going to be asking 6 figures for it .I thought to myself i will never get the opportunity to own one Well its 2009 and i am looking on ebay looking at Shelbys for sale and i see that the Shelby they were asking 126485.00 for is for sale now for 65000. So i called the sales guy to make sure the car was still there.this was on a Saturday .Monday i email the guy and told him i wanted to trade off my cobra ,focus and gt500 .I only owed on my gt500 which i was not upside down.I stated to him take 3000 off of the kr .The sales guy emailed me back saying they were sending a flat bed truck to pick up my cars . When i got to the dealership the general manager seen my cobra he told the sales guy give him 1000. more for the cobra.So when it was all said and done i drove off of the car dealership only paying 32000. for the kr. I know some off my friends said you got rid of 3 cars for one car ,and my response was look what i got in return.

Well , here is my story its not too exciting so here goes.Going back to 2007 i bought a gt500.I already had a 2003 svt cobra and svtfocus.So one i had went to have lunch with the guy who sold me my gt500. We were talking and he had stated they were getting a gt500kr and they were going to be asking 6 figures for it .I thought to myself i will never get the opportunity to own one Well its 2009 and i am looking on ebay looking at Shelbys for sale and i see that the Shelby they were asking 126485.00 for is for sale now for 65000. So i called the sales guy to make sure the car was still there.this was on a Saturday .Monday i email the guy and told him i wanted to trade off my cobra ,focus and gt500 .I only owed on my gt500 which i was not upside down.I stated to him take 3000 off of the kr .The sales guy emailed me back saying they were sending a flat bed truck to pick up my cars . When i got to the dealership the general manager seen my cobra he told the sales guy give him 1000. more for the cobra.So when it was all said and done i drove off of the car dealership only paying 32000. for the kr. I know some off my friends said you got rid of 3 cars for one car ,and my response was look what i got in return.

Sounds exciting to me...and a very worakble dealership as well....reads like a WIN to me!

Well done!

Secondo: what color was the other one that was $135k?

Cool pics and a clear documentation of what these cars were demanding at one time and what many sold for.

It was black.

When I took the pics, i thought they would be interesting to revisit in the future.

I was at the media debut on 4/4/07...sat directly behind Carroll and Cleo Shelby...incredible day. Have some great photos from the media launch (pre-public launch), along with a copy of actual notes that Carroll read from to announce the car with Mark Fields. PM me if interested.

I loved reading these stories and yes the photos of the KR in the showroom is asesome! I wish i had done that. I had an 07 GT500 that I bought with 1,200 miles on it. Like FIA Cobra, I could never afford a Shelby in the past, but the timing was right and I finally had a Shelby!! About six months later, I brought the Shelby to a committe meeting and one of the members owned two Ford dealerships. He said that I needed to upgrade to one of his KRs. I told him that I didn't have the money for the upgrade. Well, we discussed and negotiated this for 10 months, while CSM08KR0301 sat on the showroom floor. I was thankful for this forum at the time, becasue the KR owners discussed how they were buying brand new KRs for lower and lower prices. At the time of my sale, this price was 60K. I got the 40K that I paid for my GT500 and a heck of a deal for my new KR. I was beside myself while signing the paper work. The sales person had a silver and blue pen that matche my silver/blue KR and it was a real nice Ford pen. I asked if I could have the pen that I signed the paperowork with and he handed it to me. That put a big smile on my face!!!

Now, it was time to get in the KR and drive it home. I gently eased it out onto the road and kept a huge distances between myself and all the other cars. I coldnt beleive that I was deiving my very own, brand new KR!!!! I thanked God for allowing this to happen. I drove onto Nicholl's road where it opened up and I called FIA Cobra. When he answered, I told him that I made the deal and I'm driving the KR. I told him to listen to this, and I rolled on the throttle. He could hear the supercharger and the KRs distinct exhaust.

I Love this car and hope to have for the rest of my life!!! Thanks Carroll and Ford!!!

Last year I found the original owner of my KR and gave him a call. He's a nice guy who bought it from his local dealership in Iowa after it had been on the showroom floor for almost three years. The dealer wouldn't sell it because he wanted it as a show piece. In 2010 he finally gave in and it was sold. The original owner kept it for about two years then let it go because he became interested in classic motorcycles.

The second owner added it to his collection of Supersnakes (yes, that was plural) he has/had six or seven I believe. He kept it for about a year then traded it in on something else.

I picked it up with 6K and absolutely no imperfections except for the water spots. I also received all of the original paperwork, and the SVT certificate that only came with some of the 08s.

AK.

Well,

Here goes this thread too. Another one shot to hell by sideoiler.

Is anyone really surprised? Not even a KR owner, but he sure has plenty of opinion about them. I was waiting to see if (when) he'd ooze in before I posted about buying my KR in this thread. Oh well.

He's only here to ruffle feathers. I'd bet he goes back to the 'vette forums to gloat on his latest trolling expeditions.

:club:

Trolling.jpg

I agree , Good job Rob

+100

:victory:

I've been reading all along...love the stories. I cannot post anything worthy because Im not an owner. But man, if I had an opportunity....it'd be the silver / blue car for me!! :drool:

Some day...................... (Bucket list) :wub:

Archived