TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Kr Story. How About Keeping This Thread Positive.

AlaskanKR

My first Shelby was a 2007 GT500, just like the one in I Am legend. I loved that car from the first time I saw it in 2005. I wasn't able to pick one up until 2010, but it was worth the wait. After owning it for three years I decided I wanted to upgrade so I sold it on Craigslist for a bit more than I originally paid (mods not withstanding) and began the search for the KR. I was attracted to the exclusivity and overall design. I loved the 07-09 styling and wanted to stay with that. The hood really caught my attention along with the pins, very cool to say the least.

A few of my buddies aided me in my search. Since I live in Alaska, doing it in person was pretty much out of the question. I found an 09 in El Paso, but the owner wouldn't budge on his $48K asking price; my budget was $45K...and to be honest, I preferred the 08 over the 09 because of the 40th anniversary. I finally found mine in Iowa last year. A buddy of mine who lives nearby was able to get two of his buddies to check out the car for me. I was able to pick it up for $45K with 6K miles on it. I took almost a month and a half to get it up to Alaska, but it finally arrived in May.

The car was pretty much as advertised (minus the CS color-matching car cover the dealer cheated me out of) and it had (still has) some hard water spots on the roof and hood which I plan to have removed this spring. I put a bit over 1000 miles on it before I put it up for the winter. I hope to add a lot more this summer.

I know that some (purists) cringe at the thought of modifying a car like the KR, but I felt I needed to make it more...mine, I guess? So I've added the CF rocker covers and the Shelby two-tone interior upgrade by Gary Disney ( being installed now), a KR shifter ball and the CS dash gauges. I also plan to add pit-stripes to the driver side fender. I was also able to acquire a set of the CS Signature KR and KR 40th Anniversary floor mats so I have two great sets to choose from depending on the occasion. I did keep all of the original parts in case I ever decide to revert back to stock, but since I plan to drive the car until I can no longer drive, then give it to my son I doubt that will happen.

So I'm enjoying owning one of only a few KRs in Alaska, even if it is in the garage most of the year. There is another one identical to mine in the area, but with my modifications at least we will be able to tell them apart.

A couple of neat things about it is that the VIN ends in S197 and it's #754, which is the total number of 08-9 KRs produced in Silver.

Happy KRing.

AK.

Edited by AlaskanKR

I'll never forget seeing my KR for the first time. It was at a dealership in a special room with two other KRs, one blue and one silver. This was before the real estate crash and the dealer wanted $105,000 for each one. I was willing to pay list but he would not take that. At that time dealers were even demanding $15,000 over list for a standard GT500.

A few weeks after I looked at the KRs the market crashed and the economy collapsed. The dealers were left with these cars as no one was buying anything.

Then over a year later my neighbor shows up in my driveway with a brand-new silver KR. Turns out he was able to buy the KR for around $60,000 from the dealer who had the three that I looked at. I went down to the dealer the next day and the only KR left was the red one which I had seen with the other two over a year prior. I bought the car for 62,000.

I remember picking the car up and being thrilled. It was and still is an absolutely beautiful car and one of the nicest looking Shelby mustangs of all time. The exhaust note itself was worth the price of admission.

Edited by REAL ONE

My first Shelby was a 2007 GT500, just like the one in I Am legend. I loved that car from the first time I saw it in 2005. I wasn't able to pick one up until 2010, but it was worth the wait. After owning it for tree years I decided I wanted to upgrade so I sold it on Craigslist for a bit more than I originally paid (mods not withstanding) and began the search for the KR. I was attracted to the exclusivity and overall design. I loved the 07-09 styling and wanted to stay with that. The hood really caught my attention along with the pins, very cool to say the least.

A few of my buddies aided me in my search. Since I live in Alaska, doing it in person was pretty much out of the question. I found an 09 in El Paso, but the owner wouldn't budge on his $48K asking price; my budget was $45K...and to be honest, I preferred the 08 over the 09 because of the 40th anniversary. I finally found mine in Iowa last year. A buddy of mine who lives nearby was able to get two of his buddies to check out the car for me. I was able to pick it up for $45K with 6K mikes on it. I took almost a month and a half to get it up to Alaska, but it finally arrived in May.

The car was pretty much as advertised (minus the CS color-matching car cover the dealer cheated me out of) and it had (still has) some hard water spots on the roof and hood which I plan to have removed this spring. I put a bit over 1000 miles on it before I put it up for the winter. I hope to add a lot more this summer.

I know that some (purists) cringe at the thought of modifying a car like the KR, but I felt I needed to make it more...mine, I guess? So I've added the CF rocker covers and the Shelby two-tone interior upgrade by Gary Disney ( being installed now), a KR shifter ball and the CS dash gauges. I also plan to add pit-stripes to the driver side fender. I was also able to acquire a set of the CS Signature KR and KR 40th Anniversary floor mats so I have two great sets to choose from depending on the occasion. I did keep all of the original parts in case I ever decide to revert back to stock, but since I plan to drive the car until I can no longer drive, then give it to my son I doubt that will happen.

So I'm enjoying owning one of only a few KRs in Alaska, even if it is in the garage most of the year. There is another one identical to mine in the area, but with my modifications at least we will be able to tell them apart.

A couple of neat things about it is that the VIN ends in S197 and it's #754, which is the total number of 08-9 KRs produced in Silver.

Happy KRing.

AK.

Great story (and thread) AK,

When I have a little more time later today, I'll lay down some words on how I got here...

Motor on,

Tom

I'll never forget seeing my KR for the first time. It was at a dealership in a special room with two other KRs, one blue and one silver. This was before the real estate crash and the dealer wanted $105,000 for each one. I was willing to pay list but he would not take that. At that time dealers were even demanding $15,000 over list for a standard GT500.

A few weeks after I looked at the KRs the market crashed and the economy collapsed. The dealers were left with these cars as no one was buying anything.

Then over a year later my neighbor shows up in my driveway with a brand-new silver KR. Turns out he was able to buy the KR for around $60,000 from the dealer who had the three that I looked at. I went down to the dealer the next day and the only KR left was the red one which I had seen with the other two over a year prior. I bought the car for 62,000.

I remember picking the car up and being thrilled. It was and still is an absolutely beautiful car and one of the nicest looking Shelby mustangs of all time. The exhaust note itself was worth the price of admission.

Absolutely great car, great color, at a great price. I believe the KR market will explode within the next few years. The Pedigree along with the aggresive, yet clean styling is timeless !

My first Shelby was a 2007 GT500, just like the one in I Am legend. I loved that car from the first time I saw it in 2005. I wasn't able to pick one up until 2010, but it was worth the wait. After owning it for three years I decided I wanted to upgrade so I sold it on Craigslist for a bit more than I originally paid (mods not withstanding) and began the search for the KR. I was attracted to the exclusivity and overall design. I loved the 07-09 styling and wanted to stay with that. The hood really caught my attention along with the pins, very cool to say the least.

A few of my buddies aided me in my search. Since I live in Alaska, doing it in person was pretty much out of the question. I found an 09 in El Paso, but the owner wouldn't budge on his $48K asking price; my budget was $45K...and to be honest, I preferred the 08 over the 09 because of the 40th anniversary. I finally found mine in Iowa last year. A buddy of mine who lives nearby was able to get two of his buddies to check out the car for me. I was able to pick it up for $45K with 6K mikes on it. I took almost a month and a half to get it up to Alaska, but it finally arrived in May.

Happy KRing.

AK.

I've been around Mustangs and Shelbys for almost me entire life. It started in 1967 when my father purchased new a GT-A Fastback in Lime Gold (see pix of it in this link here)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87081-mustangs-make-great-recreational-vehicles/?hl=%2Bmustangs+%2Bmake+%2Bgreat+%2Brecreational+%2Bvehicles

He was involved in a Mustang club early on, and there were lots of cool cars in the group (the yellow GT350 i'm standing in front of is the exact same car, 40 years apart, the first picture is from a parade that he was in with his Mustang club)

May_Day_Parade.jpg

GT350_yellow_saac.jpg

In March 2006, I rec'd an email from Ford Motor Co. asking if we would like to participate in a Media Day for the new soon to be released 2007 Shelby GT500, as Ford wanted a few vintage cars to be there along side for the media day (we have a 1968 GT500KR that Ford wanted there).

Of course we said yes, and what a great weekend that was (that's a story for another thread), but after that weekend, my wife said "so what color are you going to get?"...

While I was on many a list, and turned down many potential purchases due to the excessive ADM's of the time, we waited for the right opportunity, and in Nov 2007, we acquired a 2008 GT500 convertible for the (omg adm) of $220 over...

Certainly at that time, info was out about the upcoming KR, but at the list price of $80+k, I was in no way even in the playing field to acquire one (but in the back of my head, I had said to myself, how great would that be to have a 68KR and an 08KR in the toy box...).

Fast forward to August 2010, and SAAC-35 (Shelby American Automobile Clubs annual convention) was being held close to me at Sonoma Raceway, and on the first day of the event, as I'm pulling into the gates, a silver/blue stripe 08 KR pulls up and follows me in and parks directly behind us.

As I get out of the car, I look over, and see the driver place a "For Sale" sign on the dashboard. I go introduce myself to the driver, and after some small talk, she tells me that the reason she is selling is, that this was her husbands car, and that he recently had passed away. She thought, what better place to sell a Shelby than at a Shelby meet (she lived only about 30 minutes away in Napa).

I never asked her what her asking price was as my financial situation was such that any car wasn't on the horizon, let alone a KR, and the prices still showed 60-70k for most listings/sales at that time on the secondary market. (many dealers were still dug in on the MSRP and some even still with ADM's)

A few months later in November, the KR juices were really kicking in for me as I was watching the market, and asked my wife, if I sell the 08 convertible, could I get the KR...she asked what I thought I could get the KR for, and what we could get for our convertible, I gave her realistic numbers and she said "go for it"

I was talking to my friend Rick (pottydr) about my plans, and he asked, "what about the KR from Napa?", I told him I didn't have any contact info, to which he thought he might, and lo and behold, he did!

I made contact with her, and within a few days, a deal was done for the KR, and a short 5 weeks after, I had sold the convertible (keeping the wife happy).

The pic below is the day we brought the KR home

KR_1.jpg

It only had 1490 miles on the odo then, and now we just rolled past 33,000 (s)miles, loads of track days, and a epic trip to Europe in it. Mods include a TVS, Fays2 Watts Link, BMR LCA, harness bar...and some more to come later...

With the history I've had with this KR, I don't expect to ever sell it, but you never know where life takes you.

We added a red 09KR in Oct 13, but I had bought that car to sell it, and did so at the Mecum Monterey auction in Aug 14 (and made a nice profit)

The pic here is aptly titled....Three Kings...

3_kings_zps6014e74e.jpg

Thats my Readers Digest condensed KR story...

Motor on,

Tom

Edited by Cali_KR

I've been around Mustangs and Shelbys for almost me entire life. It started in 1967 when my father purchased new a GT-A Fastback in Lime Gold (see pix of it in this link here)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87081-mustangs-make-great-recreational-vehicles/?hl=%2Bmustangs+%2Bmake+%2Bgreat+%2Brecreational+%2Bvehicles

He was involved in a Mustang club early on, and there were lots of cool cars in the group (the yellow GT350 i'm standing in front of is the exact same car, 40 years apart, the first picture is from a parade that he was in with his Mustang club)

May_Day_Parade.jpg

GT350_yellow_saac.jpg

In March 2006, I rec'd an email from Ford Motor Co. asking if we would like to participate in a Media Day for the new soon to be released 2007 Shelby GT500, as Ford wanted a few vintage cars to be there along side for the media day (we have a 1968 GT500KR that Ford wanted there).

Of course we said yes, and what a great weekend that was (that's a story for another thread), but after that weekend, my wife said "so what color are you going to get?"...

While I was on many a list, and turned down many potential purchases due to the excessive ADM's of the time, we waited for the right opportunity, and in Nov 2007, we acquired a 2008 GT500 convertible for the (omg adm) of $220 over...

Certainly at that time, info was out about the upcoming KR, but at the list price of $80+k, I was in no way even in the playing field to acquire one (but in the back of my head, I had said to myself, how great would that be to have a 68KR and an 08KR in the toy box...).

Fast forward to August 2010, and SAAC-35 (Shelby American Automobile Clubs annual convention) was being held close to me at Sonoma Raceway, and on the first day of the event, as I'm pulling into the gates, a silver/blue stripe 08 KR pulls up and follows me in and parks directly behind us.

As I get out of the car, I look over, and see the driver place a "For Sale" sign on the dashboard. I go introduce myself to the driver, and after some small talk, she tells me that the reason she is selling is, that this was her husbands car, and that he recently had passed away. She thought, what better place to sell a Shelby than at a Shelby meet (she lived only about 30 minutes away in Napa).

I never asked her what her asking price was as my financial situation was such that any car wasn't on the horizon, let alone a KR, and the prices still showed 60-70k for most listings/sales at that time on the secondary market. (many dealers were still dug in on the MSRP and some even still with ADM's)

A few months later in November, the KR juices were really kicking in for me as I was watching the market, and asked my wife, if I sell the 08 convertible, could I get the KR...she asked what I thought I could get the KR for, and what we could get for our convertible, I gave her realistic numbers and she aid "go for it"

I was talking to my friend Rick (pottydr) about my plans, and he asked, "what about the KR from Napa?", I told him I didn't have any contact info, to which he thought he might, and lo and behold, he did!

I made contact with her, and within a few days, a deal was done for the KR, and a short 5 weeks after, I had sold the convertible (keeping the wife happy).

The pic below is the day we brought the KR home

KR_1.jpg

It only had 1490 miles on the odo then, and now we just rolled past 33,000 (s)miles, loads of track days, and a epic trip to Europe in it. Mods include a TVS, Fays2 Watts Link, BMR LCA, harness bar...and some more to come later...

With the history I've had with this KR, I don't expect to ever sell it, but you never know where life takes you.

We added a red 09KR in Oct 13, but I had bought that car to sell it, and did so at the Mecum Monterey auction in Aug 14 (and made a nice profit)

The pic here is aptly titled....Three Kings...

3_kings_zps6014e74e.jpg

Thats my Readers Digest condensed KR story...

Motor on,

Tom

Nice write-up Tom. I remember following your threads back then on the purchase & sale of your KR, GT500 respectively.

Saw my 08 KR at a Salt lake City ford dealer when our mustang club had its spring car show there in 08. price was marked up to $125,000! In 2009, my wife and I drove by the Ferrari dealership and there sat the black KR on their used car lot. In September of 2010, wife and I attended a party at a neighbor's house around the corner from our house. After the party, our host said, hey Rick, you like mustangs. I had a supercharged 600hp 97 cobra at the time. He took me to his garage and there sat the black Kr with 1100 miles on it. He had traded a Maseratti for the Kr and had it in his garage for a year and I didn't know. He offered it to me but the price was too high and I passed. In Sep 2011, I was walking down the street and saw my neighbor. He said that I should come drive the KR and bring him a check for..... I picked myself off the ground after realizing he was serious and went home to get my wife. When I started the KR and heard the exhaust, it was all over. We drove it, stopped by our house to pick up the checkbook, and took it home. Now has 11000 miles and is the best grocery getter I've ever owned.

Here's my story. When the 2007 GT500s first came out, I instantly fell in love and wanted one badly, but didn't want to pay the ridiculous dealer markups. I decided to wait since I had a 2003 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra that I was in no hurry to get rid of. I was finally able to purchase a beautiful Vapor 2008 GT500 for msrp. I always loved the KRs, but not for $80K. My local Ford dealer, where I bought my GT500, had a blue KR on their showroom for a year that they couldn't sell. I made them an offer and they accepted. Before I signed the paperwork, I found out that the car was previously damaged. Apparently, some small kid rubbed a hot wheels car on the KR and scratched it pretty bad needing a repaint of a door, fender and the hood. The dealer did a great job repairing it, but I just couldn't make the deal knowing what happened. That evening, the dealership owner called me and offered to discount the car even more. I thought about it hard, but decided to look for another KR. A few months later. I see this same KR at a Dodge dealer. I recognized the csm #. It was filthy and they were asking more than what I was offered when new. I told them the history of the car and they tried to sell it to me at a discounted price. Again, I thought about it, but passed. I guess they couldn't sell it, so it ended up back to the original dealer's used lot. Again, I had another opportunity to get this car, but decided to look for one without a history. I finally found one for sale from a member of this site in 2010. It was a beautiful silver 40th anniversary model with low mileage. It wasn't my first choice of color, but I couldn't refuse the deal. I sold my GT500 and flew to Arizona to pick up my KR and drove 1000 miles back to Texas. That was one fun road trip through the desert. I never thought I could afford a KR, but patience paid off. I love my KR. It still gets a lot of attention. IMO, it's the best looking late model Mustang ever. It's still mostly stock except for a TVS, which should have come with from Shelby.

Edited by Captain Beyond

I don't have a KR but I probably wouldn't have a 14 had it not been for the KR priming the pump. Suffice to say I wasn't a big fan of the new retro Mustang when it first came along. However, I did rent one in 07 when I flew into Ft. Lauderdale and drove it to the Keys. It was okay but I wasn't that impressed, of course it was just a V6 being a rental. In the ensuing 2-3 years the local dealer had some Shelbys on the floor but they always wanted the 10-15K ADM which seemed ridiculous to me. I eventually made a pass at them on a blue/white stripe car that had been gathering dust for over a year but they still wanted a 5K ADM. After that I had basically forgot about a new Shelby as I wasn't paying a dime over sticker for anything.

I then noticed the KR and serious interest in a new one was finally spawned. I watched the KR market for about a year and at the time they were being advertised in the 50-60 range but I just never pulled the trigger since I was between projects in my line of work and had just had open heart surgery. Then one day while sitting in the customer lounge while getting the oil changed in my truck a salesman asked if I would like to test drive a new Shelby. Of course I jumped at the chance having never driven one before and the hook was set as a result. About six months later I bought a black stripe delete 12, for $3500 under sticker. After only 1200 miles I decided if I was going to have a new one it may as well be a 14 with all that HP and that's where it stands today. I actually got the 14 for $3700 under sticker.

So, without the KR tweaking my interest, I am pretty sure I would have never got into the new stuff. I have a couple of old Stangs (BOSS 302 and Cobra Jet) but have seriously contemplated selling the CJ someday and getting a KR. Hopefully I can do this before they start climbing in value which I believe is inevitable. I only wish they had made one in White so it would match my 14. Guess I'll go black though as that's second best, but no doubt about it, I wouldn't be typing this message on a Shelby forum had it not been for the KR.

I only wish they had made one in White so it would match my 14. Guess I'll go black though as that's second best, but no doubt about it, I wouldn't be typing this message on a Shelby forum had it not been for the KR.

As my vintage KR is Dark Highland Green, I'd wondered how the new gen KR would look in the same color. Ford did plant the S197 in DHG as they had it on the Bullitt, and it looked good imo.

We will just need to find a couple of salvage title KRs and repaint them...lol

Agree, they should have done a highland green KR but with a twist. Could have used 67 dark moss green which is arguably the prettiest color ever on mustang. with the slight gold flecking it was gorgeous! I owned 2 of them so i''m probably biased but they were beautiful, not racy or bold, just beautiful.

Well, I'm the neighbor in Real One's story and here's how I landed my KR. I always loved the Shelby cars (old and new) but never owned one. When the KR was introduced I never gave it a serious look as I didn't want to drop $80 to $100k for one. So, I decided to trade my 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8 on a new Pontiac G8. I had met with the Pontiac dealer twice and we had arranged to have the G8 fitted with the FireHawk package from SLP (a post title package that included a supercharger, suspension, exhaust and exterior mods). He located the color I wanted and I was heading in to the Pontiac dealer on a Monday evening after work to sign the papers and put down a deposit. Well, as fate would have it, traffic was heavy and I arrived at the dealer only 15 minutes before they were scheduled to close (I got there at 6:45 and they close at 7:00) so I knew I'd have to read and sign the docs quickly. Guess what, they decided to close early that night even though they knew I was on my way in. I could see the service techs through the window and when I knocked on the door they just made a hand motion from across the shop floor that they were closed (now we know why Pontiac went under). So, I shuffled back to my car sad and depressed knowing that I'd have to leave work a bit earlier on Tuesday night to get to the Pontiac dealer before they decided to close early again. On my drive home, I passed the Ford dealer and from across the 4 lane road I could see a silver mustang in the window. I decided to take a look and see what a Saleen or Rousch package might cost so I made a U-turn and popped in (Ford was open till 8 PM!). As it turns out, the mustang I could see in the window from the road was, yup you know it, a 2008 KR. On the window it was written in big, bold letters: SALE below sticker $74,000 (or something to that affect). I knew the sticker was $84k so I assumed it was a used KR but I found a salesman and inquired. He got the keys and we opened the door and it still had the plastic on the seats and showed 9 miles on the odometer and it was brand new, never titled and never driven. But I knew that $74k was more than I wanted to spend that night (I think I had settled on a price of about $60k for the FireHawk). I told the young salesman that I was just looking and didn't want to spend that much on a vehicle. He went off to speak to the manager who he said would call the owner of the dealer and ask if there was any "room" on the price. I said I had a trade-in and would need a value on that too. He got his used car guy to look at my SRT8 and he said I should just make an offer on the KR to see what the reaction would be. I said I didn't want to insult them with a low ball offer but I told them my Pontiac story and said I was going back to the Pontiac dealer the next night. Well, he pushed a bit and said they would not be insulted. So, I made a low offer and to my amazement they came back not too far off and also offered me $3k more for my SRT8 trade than the Pontiac dealer so it was "game on." I came up a little and they got the Ford dealer on the phone and kept him on the line while I and the manager went back and forth on the price. In the end, I wrote them a check that night, left my SRT8 there and drove home in my KR, completely in shock at what they had just sold it to me for. When I got home my teenage son came out and just about flipped. He called Real One's son and we jumped in the KR and went over to Real One's house to tell them my story (my car pales in comparison to Real One's collection but I was very proud of my KR). The whole family came out to see the car and if the Ford dealer was still open I think Real One would have gone down there that night, but as it worked out he was able to land his 09 for a great price too. And that's how I got my KR and how I became great friends with Real One! Long live the King!

Well, I'm the neighbor in Real One's story and here's how I landed my KR. I always loved the Shelby cars (old and new) but never owned one. When the KR was introduced I never gave it a serious look as I didn't want to drop $80 to $100k for one. So, I decided to trade my 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8 on a new Pontiac G8. I had met with the Pontiac dealer twice and we had arranged to have the G8 fitted with the FireHawk package from SLP (a post title package that included a supercharger, suspension, exhaust and exterior mods). He located the color I wanted and I was heading in to the Pontiac dealer on a Monday evening after work to sign the papers and put down a deposit. Well, as fate would have it, traffic was heavy and I arrived at the dealer only 15 minutes before they were scheduled to close (I got there at 6:45 and they close at 7:00) so I knew I'd have to read and sign the docs quickly. Guess what, they decided to close early that night even though they knew I was on my way in. I could see the service techs through the window and when I knocked on the door they just made a hand motion from across the shop floor that they were closed (now we know why Pontiac went under). So, I shuffled back to my car sad and depressed knowing that I'd have to leave work a bit earlier on Tuesday night to get to the Pontiac dealer before they decided to close early again. On my drive home, I passed the Ford dealer and from across the 4 lane road I could see a silver mustang in the window. I decided to take a look and see what a Saleen or Rousch package might cost so I made a U-turn and popped in (Ford was open till 8 PM!). As it turns out, the mustang I could see in the window from the road was, yup you know it, a 2008 KR. On the window it was written in big, bold letters: SALE below sticker $74,000 (or something to that affect). I knew the sticker was $84k so I assumed it was a used KR but I found a salesman and inquired. He got the keys and we opened the door and it still had the plastic on the seats and showed 9 miles on the odometer and it was brand new, never titled and never driven. But I knew that $74k was more than I wanted to spend that night (I think I had settled on a price of about $60k for the FireHawk). I told the young salesman that I was just looking and didn't want to spend that much on a vehicle. He went off to speak to the manager who he said would call the owner of the dealer and ask if there was any "room" on the price. I said I had a trade-in and would need a value on that too. He got his used car guy to look at my SRT8 and he said I should just make an offer on the KR to see what the reaction would be. I said I didn't want to insult them with a low ball offer but I told them my Pontiac story and said I was going back to the Pontiac dealer the next night. Well, he pushed a bit and said they would not be insulted. So, I made a low offer and to my amazement they came back not too far off and also offered me $3k more for my SRT8 trade than the Pontiac dealer so it was "game on." I came up a little and they got the Ford dealer on the phone and kept him on the line while I and the manager went back and forth on the price. In the end, I wrote them a check that night, left my SRT8 there and drove home in my KR, completely in shock at what they had just sold it to me for. When I got home my teenage son came out and just about flipped. He called Real One's son and we jumped in the KR and went over to Real One's house to tell them my story (my car pales in comparison to Real One's collection but I was very proud of my KR). The whole family came out to see the car and if the Ford dealer was still open I think Real One would have gone down there that night, but as it worked out he was able to land his 09 for a great price too. And that's how I got my KR and how I became great friends with Real One! Long live the King!

Thanx for sharing your story PW!

Loved it!

Edited by Cali_KR

I'm the 1st buyer in [REAL ONES] story.....I'll get to that in a minute.

Back in '05, I saw the GT-500 for the first time at the NYIAS. I always wanted a Shelby but never could afford one. This was my chance at finally getting to own one. Placed a deposit on a 2007 GT-500 but was snubbed by the owner of the dealership I was working with. I was told I could get a 2008 GT-500 if I wanted so...I waited another year and ordered a new 2008 GT-500 in Vista Blue/white stripes. Picked up that car in November of 2007 and had it nearly 2 years before member [shelby PT] pulled in front of my house with a 2008 silver KR. He took me for a ride and that was it, I NEEDED a KR !!

I wanted a 2009 Vista blue KR only and found only 4 for sale on the Eastern Coast of the US. I got in touch with all 4 dealers and the one in NJ was the most receptive on price. I dealt with the sales mangager only and made him an offer. He got back to me a week later and took my offer. I went to his dealership on a Monday to pick up the blue KR. That's when I saw that they also had a 2008 silver KR, and another '09 but in Red.

I finalized the paperwork and secured the vista blue KR on the trailer and took her home.

gFirBpf.jpg

Great stories guys........keep them coming

Especially Tom's history, fantastic read and love the photo of the 3 KR's. Got your message about the car inquiry, sorry never got back.... memory loss due to old age!!! dollars rising so will be on soon.

Went to our mustang club organised All Ford Day on Sunday and what a surprise won a trophy for one of the best "Top Ten Ford's" (2nd in the Ten), on show out of 200+ cars voted by the public....Some really nice mustangs and other Fords so did not expect this.

All the best to my fellow KR owners.

Sam

New Zealand

Photo of KR on the cruise night before show.

21feb2015run_zps4c9b5360.jpg

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

Great stories guys........keep them coming

Especially Tom's history, fantastic read and love the photo of the 3 KR's. Got your message about the car inquiry, sorry never got back.... memory loss due to old age!!! dollars rising so will be on soon.

Went to our mustang club organised All Ford Day on Sunday and what a surprise won a trophy for one of the best "Top Ten Ford's" (2nd in the Ten), on show out of 200+ cars voted by the public....Some really nice mustangs and other Fords so did not expect this.

All the best to my fellow KR owners.

Sam

New Zealand

Photo of KR on the cruise night before show.

21feb2015run_zps4c9b5360.jpg

Great pic Sam, and congrats on the winning the hardware.

Red KR's are truly stunning

Sam, did you notice what is written on the black shirt I'm wearing?

Edited by Cali_KR

Nice write-ups everyone. I had a chance to by an 08 KR for 42K. Low miles just do not recall. It was in the central valley at CarMax, I believe Manteca, CA. It was posted here several years ago so I went and looked at it. I looked at the car all over & under, silver with blue stripes, appeared clean and the brake duct kit was in the trunk. No other documents and clean car fax. Wife said buy it if you want. I was reluctant because I thought something may be wrong with it and hated to do it on a whim. Kinda wish I had bought it now. That's my KR story. Enjoy, they are great cars.