TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Intercooler Pump

Radarluv55

Hey guys, I am following up on something that happened to my 2013 GT500 when I took delivery. Had a 2010 prior and noticed it didn't feel that much faster. As it turns out, the intercooler pump was not plugged in and I drove it almost 300 miles that way. Any chance the intercooler suffered damage from being driven with the pump disconnected? It's documented at the dealer and the warranty will be out in October. I was going to put it on a dyno, but have not had time. Any thoughts?

Hey guys, I am following up on something that happened to my 2013 GT500 when I took delivery. Had a 2010 prior and noticed it didn't feel that much faster. As it turns out, the intercooler pump was not plugged in and I drove it almost 300 miles that way. Any chance the intercooler suffered damage from being driven with the pump disconnected? It's documented at the dealer and the warranty will be out in October. I was going to put it on a dyno, but have not had time. Any thoughts?

I wouldn`t think so you would still have natural circulation , did you notice your temp gauge being any higher now that the pump is working. What did the dealership tell you?

Well I wish I could say there was no WOT, but actually there were a couple of launches. :)

I ran better once the pump was connected and its pretty wicked now, but my arssonometer is not entirely accurate. I guess I will move forward with a dyno pull and see what we come up with. The warranty will be out in October. Any suggestions on tuners? Don't want to add a bunch of bolt-ons, but experience tells me there is some power available based on my past experience with the Lightning, Shelby GT and now the untouched GT500.

Archived