TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Emissioms In Ont

rdrawkit

As long as you don't have any check engline lights and have cats, you should be fine.

I have a tune & pulley & mine failed twice but you are issued a pass as no engine lights displayed . The only thing is you can`t sell your car until you a tailpipe sniff test according to the the tester.

Shelby001 Geeeze You failed twice with no exhaust changes.......Boy .. that can be unsettling..

Yup Steeda tune, plugs,& pulley , no exhaust change Here`s what came up Catalyst not ready, oxygen sensor not ready & oxygen heater not ready

I have a tune & pulley & mine failed twice but you are issued a pass as no engine lights displayed . The only thing is you can`t sell your car until you a tailpipe sniff test according to the the tester.

my 2 cents

I believe the tailpipe sniff test was for autos older than a certain year and not inclusive of any 'newer' Shelby models (2006 Shelby GT, GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 - I think).

From the Ont gov site it does not state a tail pipe sniff is not a "must do" for a transfer of ownership. A pass is a pass regardless of type... ??

cut and paste from http://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/how-drive-clean-emissions-test-done Tailpipe test

Vehicles not equipped with an electronic on-board diagnostic system include gas-fuelled:

• cars and vans (model years 1988–1997)
  • SUVs or pickup trucks between 3,857–4,500 kg (model years 1988–2006)
  • heavy-duty trucks and buses, with a gross vehicle weight rating over 4,500 kg

These vehicles will have a tailpipe test done to measure emissions.

The tailpipe test — also known as a two-speed idle test — measures carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions.

Pass

If your car passes the Drive Clean test:

• you will get a Vehicle Inspection Report with 'pass' clearly printed on it
  • use the pass report to renew your licence plate sticker or transfer a vehicle’s ownership
  • keep the pass report with your vehicle’s maintenance information

A Drive Clean pass is good for 1 year from the date it was issued.

my 2 cents

I believe the tailpipe sniff test was for autos older than a certain year and not inclusive of any 'newer' Shelby models (2006 Shelby GT, GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 - I think).

From the Ont gov site it does not state a tail pipe sniff is not a "must do" for a transfer of ownership. A pass is a pass regardless of type... ??

cut and paste from http://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/how-drive-clean-emissions-test-done Tailpipe test

Vehicles not equipped with an electronic on-board diagnostic system include gas-fuelled:

• cars and vans (model years 1988–1997)
  • SUVs or pickup trucks between 3,857–4,500 kg (model years 1988–2006)
  • heavy-duty trucks and buses, with a gross vehicle weight rating over 4,500 kg

These vehicles will have a tailpipe test done to measure emissions.

The tailpipe test — also known as a two-speed idle test — measures carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions.

Pass

If your car passes the Drive Clean test:

• you will get a Vehicle Inspection Report with 'pass' clearly printed on it
  • use the pass report to renew your licence plate sticker or transfer a vehicle’s ownership
  • keep the pass report with your vehicle’s maintenance information

A Drive Clean pass is good for 1 year from the date it was issued.

Thanks for posting. We all know this is all a money grab by the government , the only difference now it only takes 5 mins now which use to take 25 mins.

Thanks for posting. We all know this is all a money grab by the government , the only difference now it only takes 5 mins now which use to take 25 mins.

NO problem sir.

I do feel for the companies / garages that paid out the large $s to get the tail sniffer test machinery to then have the government change the rules a few years later.

Gov indicated the buy back for this h/w was at a loss for the places that were still paying for that government approved hardware. (yes comrade)

Money grab indeed, no need.

just like it is illegal to use weed killer on your lawn but yet golf courses are permitted to use. If illegal for one should be illegal for all.

Archived