TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Steering Rack--Has Anyone Tried This?

Well...Like the thread title asks...Has anyone among you SGT owners, had any experience with this?

I have the 2014 FRPP catalogue in hand. The part I am asking about is FRPP M-3200-R "Boy Racer" steering rack. Also listed is the M-3200-EPAS rack, but that's the electric rack for later models of the Boss 302. I am asking about this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Ford-Racing-FRPP-Mustang-FR500C-Boy-Racer-Steering-Rack-M-3200-R-/231075303089?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cd294eb1

I know it's an eBay listing, prolly means its an older part and discontinued too, but it sounds interesting to me.

Anyone here try this out yet?

The M-3200-R steering rack is a quick ratio unit. I have it on my car and on another Shelby GT as well. The rack is a discontinued part but, Rehagen Racing has some left over from the Mustang Challenge Race Series. They originally went for around $1000 but can be found for a lot less now. I believe that it has a 15.6:1 steering ratio. They were standard on the FR500C cars.

I'm not sure but, I think that stock ratio is 16.7 or close to it. I agree that for a street car it's not worth it but, if you are racing the car it's one of those things that you'll spend the money on. JMO

Well, this is why I asked, and thanks y'all for responding.

I'm interested because I do race my SGTs, but I don't know what the stock/OEM ratio is, so, can't predict any improvement, let alone justify the expense for minor improvement. Just because FRPP developed it for the FR500 race car isn't enough. Don't want a 500 buck toilet seat from Air Force 1.

Mr. Albino500, since you have driven on one, care to comment further?

Archived