TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2017 Cobra?

DLP

Hey guys and gals ! I was talking to my local FORD dealer parts manager today .He was telling me that ford let it slip about a 2017 GT 500 cobra ? 5.0 liter TWIN TURBO 780 Hp ? Has any one of you guys heard this or have any info on this ?

Hey guys and gals ! I was talking to my local FORD dealer parts manager today .He was telling me that ford let it slip about a 2017 GT 500 cobra ? 5.0 liter TWIN TURBO 780 Hp ? Has any one of you guys heard this or have any info on this ?

SSSHHH, It;s a secret

Interesting.

please no. theres no need to resurrect the GT500 name 3 years after a 7 year run.

Remember the good old days of 1969 when Ford offered the Mustang as a GT, Mach 1, Boss 302, Boss 429, Shelby GT 350 and Shelby GT 500 all in one year?

In 1969, the Mustang Engines were the 200 6cyl, 302W 2V & 4V, 351W 2V & 4V, 390FE 2V & 4V and the 428FE CJ 4V

Where do you guys get this stuff..... ??

Well, that photo with the two vehicles has been circulating for at least a year...

the one on the left was revealed as the GT350, we already know the GT350R doesn't

have that big domed hood so we know there is something else coming down the pipe..

Mach 1, Cobra, Boss 429, GT500, it this stage it is a moot point... regardless

it is going to look sick.. final numbers on performance well that's another issue.

No, I think $55K to $60K at most.

Oh. I thought I read that the GT350 was going to run around 55K for the base and 75K for the totally upgraded...or something like that....

I can't afford - nor do I need - a 6-700 hp Mustang! They're pricing a lot of blue collar folks out of the picture.

But there's enough people who can write those checks, so build them they will! Better off to spend $20-30k on a drag car older Mustang.

Got all I need in the garage! :happy feet:

Hyper stangs and Secondo I was just passing on what I was told by a fellow Shelby owner who just happens to be a manager at my local ford dealer !!!

Bring er on!!...the muscle car war is on and loving every minute of it.......... :worship: ........... :peelout:

I can't afford - nor do I need - a 6-700 hp Mustang! They're pricing a lot of blue collar folks out of the picture.

But there's enough people who can write those checks, so build them they will! Better off to spend $20-30k on a drag car older Mustang.

Got all I need in the garage! :happy feet:

going straight.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hyper stangs and Secondo I was just passing on what I was told by a fellow Shelby owner who just happens to be a manager at my local ford dealer !!!

All kidding aside, I appreciate your post and agree with it but its difficult to go on hearsay these days and we don't know you yet.

I think it will happen heck the 13-14 Gt500 was a great seller if Ford keeps the price reasonable why wouldn't they come back with a more powerful GT500 than the 13-14's

It'll sell like hotcakes IMO.....AND if they change the front end a bit I'll be one of the buyers for sure I personally don't think they'll wait till 17 I seriously think you'll see one

sooner than later...... :yup:

Archived