TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Inspection Fail!!

Schubee

My 2012 GT500 does not want to pass inspection in Georgia... The Car only has 6K miles on it, however it has failed for Readiness 3 times. I reviewed the manual carefully, and have run the "cycle" recommended in the manual (15 minutes highway & 30 minutes stop and go)...I have managed to put 300 miles on the car in the process...I can't seem to get three of the sensors to come online or be recognized as ready...Any suggestions would be appreciated...I am very frustrated to be having this problem with a mint condition car....

Edited by Schubee

Which sensors?

Do you have a custom tune, for example, for a CAI or aftermarket supercharger?

If it is factory straight the fix should still be covered under warranty. I believe the emissions warranty extends past the normal 3yr/36K mile portion.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Let me guess. Two of the not ready are for cats and egr. At least one of them. Many tunes disable the after cat o2 sensors which will leach cat system not ready. Which others?

Did the seller include the tuner box eg sct that contains the factory tune? What other mods are on the car that makes the tune necessary

Let me guess. Two of the not ready are for cats and egr. At least one of them. Many tunes disable the after cat o2 sensors which will leach cat system not ready. Which others?

Did the seller include the tuner box eg sct that contains the factory tune? What other mods are on the car that makes the tune necessary

+1 Happened to me, too. Got a new "all sensors on" tune, passed OK.

OK.....first pass at an update...dropped it at the Ford Dealership...they indicated there was no tune on the engine....The reset the "Codes"...and ran a cycle (15 minutes highway and 30 minutes stop and go)....the sensors still won't come online...the good news is that, they think whatever the issue is, it should be easily resolvable...and should be covered under the vehicles warranty....

And yes Twobjshelbys you named the three sensors....there was no tuner with the car when I got it....so i am left to have the dealership resolve it....the last owner is unknown to me as i bought it from a dealer.....

And the fun continues..... The dealership called yesterday and explained that a "aftermarket thermostat" had been installed by the previous owner, which was likely causing the sensors not to come online for "readiness".... Still waiting for the "all clear" so I can get the car through inspection....

The emissions testing and safety tests these states do is just ripping off the state's residents period. Any new car being tested that is less than 5 years old is stupid and a waste of time and money that should stay in your pocket

Apparently there is a National Warranty around new vehicles getting through inspection....So far Ford has indicated they will be covering this....When i purchased the vehicle I actually took it to a local ford dealership and had them perform an inspection of the vehicle...they gave me the "all clear" in writing.....keeping my fingers crossed...

The emissions testing and safety tests these states do is just ripping off the state's residents period. Any new car being tested that is less than 5 years old is stupid and a waste of time and money that should stay in your pocket

I agree we have the same system here other than cars that are not 6 years old are exempt, even at that its a money grab by the government.

Edited by shelby001

Schubee I am interested to hear how this ends and which dealer you are working with. I have had work done on my 2012 at two different dealers here in Georgia and have not been completely satisfied either time. Last week I took it in to have one of them look at an issue I was having going from 1st to 2nd. The technician that took me on a test dirve to try and reproduce the issue, told me he had not worked on a GT500. He was their qualified technician. He said once people buy these cars they take them home and the dealer never sees them again. I think people are just not taking them back to this dealer and now i know why. I knew more about the possible cause than he did just from reading the forums, If you have a good experience it would be good to know there is a dealer in the area that would be good to go to.

I hope your issue is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction!

Schubee I am interested to hear how this ends and which dealer you are working with. I have had work done on my 2012 at two different dealers here in Georgia and have not been completely satisfied either time. Last week I took it in to have one of them look at an issue I was having going from 1st to 2nd. The technician that took me on a test dirve to try and reproduce the issue, told me he had not worked on a GT500. He was their qualified technician. He said once people buy these cars they take them home and the dealer never sees them again. I think people are just not taking them back to this dealer and now i know why. I knew more about the possible cause than he did just from reading the forums, If you have a good experience it would be good to know there is a dealer in the area that would be good to go to.

I hope your issue is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction!

Your right if the dealer hasn`t worked on these cars , then they will have no back ground of what these vehicles problems, but then again if he is good mechanic he would be up on what is going on .

I was lucky as the dealer i go to has a master mechanic that is interested in these cars & has done work on many Shelbys. When he was doing my clutch & tranny he wrapped rags around my exhaust tips so when he disconnected it ,it wouldn`t rub on the rear valance just a sign that he cares.

GA Shelby---- I just saw your post for the rally last week at the Varsity..I could almost walk there from my office...Gotta let me know when the next one is going off..I will definitely show.. Caffeine and Octane is overcrowded.....and too many idiots....Have been looking for a group that's a little more laid back...

I have mine at Sandy Springs Ford on Roswell Road....They claim to be "the experts" and sell more Shelby's than any other dealer in the state....They still have mine....Mine is not an everyday driver, so I told them I don't want to come down to pick it up until they have solved the issue and it is ready to clear inspection...I will keep you posted...

GA Shelby---- I just saw your post for the rally last week at the Varsity..I could almost walk there from my office...Gotta let me know when the next one is going off..I will definitely show.. Caffeine and Octane is overcrowded.....and too many idiots....Have been looking for a group that's a little more laid back...

I have mine at Sandy Springs Ford on Roswell Road....They claim to be "the experts" and sell more Shelby's than any other dealer in the state....They still have mine....Mine is not an everyday driver, so I told them I don't want to come down to pick it up until they have solved the issue and it is ready to clear inspection...I will keep you posted...

Schubee, The meet at the Varsity was the first for formation of the Georgia chapter of Team Shelby South Atlantic. Our next get together will be on March 8th at the Varsity Town Center @ 1:30. Look forward to seeing you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/352076768332437/

I bought my 2012 GT500 from Sandy Springs and was taking it there for the oil changes. Last time I took it there were fingerprint smudges left all over the hood and top of the quarter panels and drops of oil on the radiator cover. This was my first time going there after Nalley bought them. I remember when I had my Nissan Titan and Nalley purchased the dealership that I had bought it from and the service department went downhill there very quickly and it looks like this might be the same case. I've been trying to find out what other Ford dealers in the area are SVT shops to make sure I have a backup plan.

-steve

• 3 weeks later...

OK....Got the car back yesterday. Took them 20 days to get it fixed....Passed inspection on the first try.....and they cleaned it before returning to me....fully covered under warranty....I have to admit they got the job done without F'ing up the car....overall i give the Dealership an A rating...I dealt with a guy named Scott Disilvo there... he kept me in the loop as they tinkered with the car...The dealership ended up replacing both O2 sensors and it was ready to roll....I noticed my exhaust sounds a little different....its hard to explain..when i let off the gas it almost chugs...like it is going to backfire...but it doesn't....still fast as a bat out of hell.....See you guys tomorrow at the Varsity in Kennesaw....bringing some Mustang friends (non-shelbys), but classics...

Schubee

Edited by Schubee