TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt500 "427 Nascar Edition" Build Numbers

There were a total of 203 Shelby GT500's which had the 427 Nascar Package added to the car. Out of those 202 cars, 174 of them were Super Snakes, 15 of them were GT500's, 9 were GT500KR's, 4 were 40th Anniversary cars, and 1 was a GT500SE.

Below is a list of all 203 Shelby's with the 427 Nascar Package. The list is sorted by year, model, body and paint color. Just scroll down and then across each column to find out how many of each model/body/color were built. For example there were six 2008 Grabber Orange coupe Super Snakes built with the 427 Nascar package.

April 2016 UPDATE: PDF revised with a correction. A 2007 Blue Coupe Super Snake was changed to a 2007 GT500 Blue Coupe because it was recently determined that the car was not a Super Snake.

June 2017 UPDATE: PDF revised with a correction. A 2009 Grabber Orange Coupe Super Snake was added to the build total making 203 the total number of cars with a Shelby 427 Nascar Package.

427 Nascar Package TEAM SHELBY REVISED June 2017.pdf

Steve, you left one category out....... Which 427's have the limited edition Red Appearance pkg red cobra? I do believe I have the only GT500 produce with three limited editions, if there were no SS's with the Red pkg.

Resiz to 92% (was 1023 x 682) - Click image to enlargeIMG_1429.jpg

Appears the SE package came out months after the 427 race, to me it would seem to negate the one off status of being a 427 package car as some of the value in purchasing this package was lost (i.e. tickets to the race, name in the program, chance for car to be chosen for pace car duties, Carroll Shelby suite access, etc....)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/44811-6-new-shelby-models-just-introduced/?p=740519

Edited by stngfever

Hi Steve, :)

If the Shelby Registry list includes Ford options like body style and color, then it should include any special recognition of exclusivity by any limited editions ( T88 ) from Ford. The only other edition more rare than the Red Appearance Package from Ford is the the 95 Cobra R limited Edition. My car is #27 of 128 in Performance White. I'm sure there won't be many others asking this question so please don't ignore me and any response would be appreciated.
BTW: I don't understand the SE getting the 427 Package after the race?
Don

Hi Steve, :)

If the Shelby Registry list includes Ford options like body style and color, then it should include any special recognition of exclusivity by any limited editions ( T88 ) from Ford. The only other edition more rare than the Red Appearance Package from Ford is the the 95 Cobra R limited Edition. My car is #27 of 128 in Performance White. I'm sure there won't be many others asking this question so please don't ignore me and any response would be appreciated.
BTW: I don't understand the SE getting the 427 Package after the race?
Don

No one is ignoring you. You're asking questions in regards to Ford options which would entail us to request build info from Ford for 202 cars and then mulling over that data to see how many cars had which options from Ford. The SA Registry just doesn't have the resources at this time to accomplish that. Now before anyone says that 202 cars isn't that much data to sort thru please keep in mind that we can't do things for some owners and not for others so the next thing you know the 40th Anniversary owners would want a breakdown on their Ford options. Then the Super Snake owners would want the same and on and on.

I'm not saying that Shelby build numbers wont ever be further broken down with Ford options factored in, I'm just saying the resources for doing so are not in place at this point in time.

In regards to cars receiving the 427 package after the race, I'm sure there was more than just an SE car who completed their 427 package purchase after the race. If I recall the 427 Nascar package program did not end until 12/31/2010. Below is an excerpt from the press release:

Aug. 31, 2010 - LAS VEGAS – Executives with Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), have announced that the company is nearing completion of its Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary and 427 Super Snake packages. The company will schedule completion for these two popular post title programs by the end of 2010. Customers can order the few remaining packages until they are sold out.

Steve

I understand your point about regular options, however, the Red Appearance Package was a limited edition option, only offered the last month of production. (May 2007) . In 2007, when I spoke with John, from SVT, he told me that the 95 Cobra R was the only package more limited than the Red Package.. I have attached the documentation letter from Ford. (vin removed, but you know what it is).and I'm sure Ford would furnish a copy to you. This would eliminate the resources and time and only apply to the only limited edition on a GT500 by Ford that I'm aware of. How will we ever know how many 427 Supper Snake are out there badged with red cobras? Thanks for posting all the information, we all really appreciate it. Have a nice weekend.

Ford%20Letter_zpsmfboso4t.jpg

I understand your point about regular options, however, the Red Appearance Package was a limited edition option, only offered the last month of production. (May 2007) . In 2007, when I spoke with John, from SVT, he told me that the 95 Cobra R was the only package more limited than the Red Package.. I have attached the documentation letter from Ford. (vin removed, but you know what it is).and I'm sure Ford would furnish a copy to you. This would eliminate the resources and time and only apply to the only limited edition on a GT500 by Ford that I'm aware of. How will we ever know how many 427 Supper Snake are out there badged with red cobras? Thanks for posting all the information, we all really appreciate it. Have a nice weekend.

At this time we don't know. As previously mentioned this type of more detailed number crunching would entail resources that are not currently available but that doesn't mean it couldn't be performed at a later date. I'll make the team here at Shelby American aware of your desires.
Steve
Edited by shelbymotorsports

• 2 months later...

It was my understanding that 427 of these "427" Special edition packages were to be offered, are you saying only 202 of the 427 were completed so far and that there remains 225 of these packages available still that would complete the run? Another thought of mine was on the "427" NACAR Special Edition SuperSnake package would of been to offer the "427" engine to as they had it in 67-68. Now that would be a real collector?

Ford%20Letter_zpsmfboso4t.jpg

I see the 1995 Cobra R has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread...........I had #108 of the 250 built, even more rare was the 1993 Cobra R, I had #51 of the 107 total build............and then the 2000 Cobra R was a little bit larger production at 300 total, I had #21. <<<These R-Models had many more production line and performance upgrades/changes from the regular production SVT Cobra's, not just a decal/emblem/floor mat package with a functional caster/camber plates also added.

I have always liked the Red Stripe Appearance Package, but I prefer my Torch Red body color over another color with Red stripes, so that package was not an option for me............but either way, the Red stripes would have been stripped off of my car at Shelby and Black Super Snake stripes applied, so only the emblems would have remained.

R

Edited by Robert M

It was my understanding that 427 of these "427" Special edition packages were to be offered, are you saying only 202 of the 427 were completed so far and that there remains 225 of these packages available still that would complete the run? Another thought of mine was on the "427" NACAR Special Edition SuperSnake package would of been to offer the "427" engine to as they had it in 67-68. Now that would be a real collector

Yes only 202 "427 Edition" cars were built before the program closed. No SAI will not be building the remaining 225 unused numbers.

This was a one time, limited time, offering.

Steve

Yes only 202 "427 Edition" cars were built before the program closed. No SAI will not be building the remaining 225 unused numbers.

This was a one time, limited time, offering.

Steve

Steve - Does this 202 production number include the Shelby owners who received an email from Shelby and were offered/purchased the NASCAR 427 package items (mats, emblems, certificate, etc.) as a complete package including the caster/camber plates for.............I think it was around $600? but were self install instead of Shelby shop installed.

R

Edited by Robert M

Steve - Does this 202 production number include the Shelby owners who received an email from Shelby and were offered/purchased the NASCAR 427 package items (mats, emblems, certificate, etc.) as a complete package including the caster/camber plates for.............I think it was around $600? but were self install instead of Shelby shop installed.

R

Yes and the majority of these packages were "owner installed" as it didn't make sense for SAI to force owners to ship their car to Las Vegas for a package that the owner or a local shop could install in an hour or so.

Steve

Yes and the majority of these packages were "owner installed" as it didn't make sense for SAI to force owners to ship their car to Las Vegas for a package that the owner or a local shop could install in an hour or so.

Steve

I remember getting my email.

Thanks Steve.

R

True "427" ?

Edited by GT500SuperSnake1

• 1 month later...

Steve

Steve,

I have #46 in the Nascar 427 series. Where and how many others were produced for Canada?

Sidney Nemes

• 1 year later...

too whom it may concern

I notice that my car was not on the 427 list. I own a grabber Orange 2009 GT500 SUPER SNAKE nascar 427 limited edition I am number #424 out of #427 and my super snake number is 09SS0060,VIN #1ZVHT88S495131556 this means that I am the only orange super snake in 2009 which the list that you have does not include my car.

I also have car, number #426 of #427 and my car is a white 2009 GT500 with VIN#1ZVHT88S095137807, This car is the only interior upgrade with the seats and door panels in white, with the 427 interior package upgrade, the was approved by Amy Borlin, which Gary Disney got the approval.

Please let me know that this list will be corrected. I can be reached any time at 215-677-4477. My name is Stephen Donapel

Edited by SS730HP

• 2 months later...

I am looking to acquire a vehicle & I have seen a few GT500 SS for sale with a painted supersnake under the hood, was this an actual option, part of a package or an aftermarket add on.

Thanks

I am looking to acquire a vehicle & I have seen a few GT500 SS for sale with a painted supersnake under the hood, was this an actual option, part of a package or an aftermarket add on.

Thanks

No that under-hood mural would not have been from Shelby American and if its the SS that others have contacted us about that car has several owner modifications made to it.

Steve

Thanks so much for the info. I suppose that detracts from its value then? Also looked at a few 427 Nascar packages, seems to be some question as to the collectabilty of these & one had an accident that has been repaired, how does that affect value?

Thanks for helping me out.

Thanks so much for the info. I suppose that detracts from its value then? Also looked at a few 427 Nascar packages, seems to be some question as to the collectabilty of these & one had an accident that has been repaired, how does that affect value?

Thanks for helping me out.

Limey,

It all depend if the mural detracts from the value. If a buyer was going to paint the exact same mural on their car I'm sure they would believe having the mural already painted on helps the cars value. On the other hand if a buyer is looking for a 100% stock appearing car then that buyer would probably consider the mural as lowering the cars value to them as they will have to spend additional money to put the car back to stock.

Regarding previously repaired accident damage, I can't think of any examples where accident damage has ever helped a cars value no matter how well the repairs were made. Perhaps if a celebrity had crashed into that Super Snake it might not hurt the cars value but I would have to think that 99% of the time previous accident damage is always considered detrimental to a cars value.

Steve

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2015 at 5:29 PM, shelbymotorsports said:

No one is ignoring you. You're asking questions in regards to Ford options which would entail us to request build info from Ford for 202 cars and then mulling over that data to see how many cars had which options from Ford. The SA Registry just doesn't have the resources at this time to accomplish that. Now before anyone says that 202 cars isn't that much data to sort thru please keep in mind that we can't do things for some owners and not for others so the next thing you know the 40th Anniversary owners would want a breakdown on their Ford options. Then the Super Snake owners would want the same and on and on.

I'm not saying that Shelby build numbers wont ever be further broken down with Ford options factored in, I'm just saying the resources for doing so are not in place at this point in time.

In regards to cars receiving the 427 package after the race, I'm sure there was more than just an SE car who completed their 427 package purchase after the race. If I recall the 427 Nascar package program did not end until 12/31/2010. Below is an excerpt from the press release:

Aug. 31, 2010 - LAS VEGAS – Executives with Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), have announced that the company is nearing completion of its Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary and 427 Super Snake packages. The company will schedule completion for these two popular post title programs by the end of 2010. Customers can order the few remaining packages until they are sold out.

Steve

I would settle for just seeing a breakdown of Shelby specific options for the 427 SS, e.g., interior