TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Most Done

1sgt

I just got some pic from Frankie and it looks like she's almost done . The upgrade brakes , handing package , camber plate kit , watts link and lower control arm all done . The only thing pending is the front FASCIA & hood , stripes and the 3M . :clapping:

Lets see deposit on 10-9-14 , shipped 11-26-14 , at Shelby's 12-2-14 , on hold for a spot and on 1-5-15 car was started .I keep it as a V6 . So I think other 4 weeks she should be done ?????? STOP ran out of parts

I WAS TOLD THE CAR WAS DONE AND GOING FOR A TEST RIDE MONDAY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TURN IT AROUND THAT THE CAR IS NOT DONE BUT GOING FOR STRIPES AND THE 3M NOT DONE . + NO PICS LIKE I ASKED . THESE TIME IT'S NOT FUN .

• 3 weeks later...

Shelby has made changes which OK but you should get it if you want it . I wanted SHELBY billet hood pins I know I can get them but I wanted them to put it on next I wanted color match my car red calipers which you can't get . But other then that the car is great .

I hear ya, there are those subtle touches that could take the car even further, but I can see their position as well. They would not add hood pins even with the new shop that opened for non builds? On the bright side, you can change those items once you have the car!! I assume the calipers you would need to source a powder coater or something to the like.

Post up some pics when you have a chance!

Your right but as Shelby said customers is a top priority at SHELBY American . Putting the pins in or giving red brakes shouldn't have any trouble to do and your paying for it

• 1 month later...

I understand SAI's position.

They will let you mix in options with the GTS package to make each GTS one of one. However, doing things like hood pins and powder coating certain calipers seems to me a bit too labor intensive IMO.

If they pull the calipers and send them out for powder coating, it could take a couple of weeks and there sits your car taking up valuable space where said space could be used to do another car for it's transformation.

You feel how you feel, I have no argument with that.

If those mods were easy, quick and convenient for SAI to do for you, and they have not and will not do them, then it will be easy, quick and convenient for whoever you choose to do the mods outside of SAI.

I wanted painted stripes on my GTS and was turned down because they don't do them on the GTS models. I have moved on. And besides, the vinyl stripes at this point have exceeded my expectations.

In a way your right but it would have been nice to do what we would like done on the cars . YES it would have been great to have painted stripes done on the car . They did my 2011 GT350 what a great job .

Archived