TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coil Cover Upgrade

Norton

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm happy with the way they turned out.

I have ( 2 ) sets of the stock ones sitting around, what does it cost to powder coat a set ?.

The cost to powder coat both covers with TWO colors, including return shipping, is $150. Because I went with THREE colors (Wrinkle Black, Clear Polish, and Red), my cost was $185.

• 2 weeks later...

norton, did you have to remove the cai , strut bar, etc,to get the coil covers on and off , or where you able to slide then off then back on when they where finished ? thanks

I removed the CAI and STB. While I MAY have been able to slide things out & in, I didn't want to risk dropping and/or damaging anything...

thanks norton, just making sure if i could get away with the easy way or not

No worries! Obviously, YMMV.

Your engine looks great with the new coil covers. I recently finished the stock and GT covers along

with a stainless fuse box cover just to be different.

Nice!

I like #2 better also ..you just have good taste....by the way do you have any close up pics of

Jag stone guards..install instructions...opinions on how you like them...are they difficult to remove?

LOL!

I don't think I have any closeups, and the car is tucked into its automotive cocoon, thanks to the inclement weather. The photos here are pretty accurate, though. I'm very happy with them. I've probably logged almost 10K miles with them on, and they still look good. They were EASY to install. (I've never tried removing them, so I can't speak to that.) They're about as "factory" looking as they can be, and they do a decent job of protecting the rocker panels. Bottom line: I'm very picky about my car, and I recommend them.

So how do they attach to the existing stock guards? snap in place or are screws removed?

My car didn't come with stock guards. It's been a couple of years since I installed mine but, IIRC, they clip into place and are held there with a couple of existing push-pins. What I remember clearly is that the job was quick and easy. Instructions are attached...

Stone Guard Installation.pdf

Archived