TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN Decoding

Hi There,

I am new here and today ordered my 2007 GT500. It is already on a ship towards Dubai. As these GT500 come with pre-selected equipment I would like to know if there is a way to decode the VIN .. knowing exactly the options that are included.

Any hint?

Thanks,

Tomi

P.S.: Cant wait, still about 4 weeks to go !

Hi There,

I am new here and today ordered my 2007 GT500. It is already on a ship towards Dubai. As these GT500 come with pre-selected equipment I would like to know if there is a way to decode the VIN .. knowing exactly the options that are included.

Any hint?

Thanks,

Tomi

P.S.: Cant wait, still about 4 weeks to go !

Welcome Tomi, I can't rem where the site was listed, I sure give it time someone on here will rem where though, wait til you get to 10 posts and you get a suprise :hysterical:

Hope this will help You.

Congrats on ordering the car! Now the wait, but shouldn't be to long, since your at the end of the model year!

Keith

VIN.jpg

VIN.jpg

Hi !

thanks for the fast reply(s) !! But I was more looking for a link to know what the equipment of my VIN is ? (extra packages etc.)

Tomi

Welcome to the site Tomi.

The VIN does not have any information about options in it. Only the fact of coupe vs. convertible...which is not an option, but a model.

Dave

Hi,

yes the car is brand new, but its still on a ship, and as the dealers overhere order cars in packages (certain pre equpimt additional options), its always hard to know what options are exactly included. I know from Mercedes Benz for example that they have a database, you enter the VIN and you get exact details on date of production, special equipment, colors etc.

tomi

Hi,

yes the car is brand new, but its still on a ship, and as the dealers overhere order cars in packages (certain pre equpimt additional options), its always hard to know what options are exactly included. I know from Mercedes Benz for example that they have a database, you enter the VIN and you get exact details on date of production, special equipment, colors etc.

tomi

One cool way to pull up your window sticker before you have your car is to do this:

1. Go to your dealers webpage and browse his cars that he has for sale.

2. Find a Mustang and pull up the window sticker off of his web page. It must be off your purchasing dealers web page.

3. look in your upper browsers and you will see the vin number in the browser link with a bunch of other info.

4. Click on the vin and back out the number and type in your vin number.

5. Hit enter.

6. Your exact window sticker will be displayed.

This works...I know, because I did it. And yes it is accurate to the "T". Hope this helps.

One cool way to pull up your window sticker before you have your car is to do this:

1. Go to your dealers webpage and browse his cars that he has for sale.

2. Find a Mustang and pull up the window sticker off of his web page. It must be off your purchasing dealers web page.

3. look in your upper browsers and you will see the vin number in the browser link with a bunch of other info.

4. Click on the vin and back out the number and type in your vin number.

5. Hit enter.

6. Your exact window sticker will be displayed.

This works...I know, because I did it. And yes it is accurate to the "T". Hope this helps.

Rob,

Do you know when this becomes available?

I tried mine and get an error. Does the car need to be built or is there some other stage of production at which this shows up?

Thanks,

Kevin

Rob,

Do you know when this becomes available?

I tried mine and get an error. Does the car need to be built or is there some other stage of production at which this shows up?

Thanks,

Kevin

Your car has to be on the line in production and it will work.

• 2 years later...

Hello, New to the forum and was wondering if anyone would assist me. I am thinking of driving to Pampa Tx. to look at a Shelby for sale but would like some prior info if available. The VIN # is 07SGT2563. Can anyone decode this info for me.

Thanks, Kermet

Hello, New to the forum and was wondering if anyone would assist me. I am thinking of driving to Pampa Tx. to look at a Shelby for sale but would like some prior info if available. The VIN # is 07SGT2563. Can anyone decode this info for me.

Thanks, Kermet

That is not actually the VIN #. That is the Shelby #. It tells you what you probably already know. The car is a 2007 Shelby GT. The VIN # is 17 characters.

Thanks, Kermet

The number you are referring to is a "CSM" number, not a VIN. First two numbers, means 2007. SGT, Shelby GT. Each car has it's own number. This car is number 2563 of the 2007 Shelby GT's.

Hi Grabber,

thanks ... nice link ... at least I found out that the vin is correct, but still no info on options.

tomi

Hi and welcome.

The VIN won't tell you what options are on the car besides the engine type, safety equipment (airbags, etc) and coupe or vert.

2007 GT500s come pretty much loaded with only a few options, which I'll try to recall from memory:

1. Premium Interior package

2. Satellite Radio

3. Stripe Delete

4. Shaker 1000 stereo

Hi and welcome.

The VIN won't tell you what options are on the car besides the engine type, safety equipment (airbags, etc) and coupe or vert.

2007 GT500s come pretty much loaded with only a few options, which I'll try to recall from memory:

1. Premium Interior package

2. Satellite Radio

3. Stripe Delete

4. Shaker 1000 stereo

The two tone seats were an option with some exterior colors.

Also available after Dec 2006 were Navigation and a spiffy Shelby car cover.

The two tone seats were an option with some exterior colors.

Also available after Dec 2006 were Navigation and a spiffy Shelby car cover.

:headscratch:

To the best of my knowledge, the SGT is not a GT500.

They are 2 completly different animals.

Archived