TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is There Another Name For Safety Yellow?

Is there another name for Safety Yellow? I am wanting to buy a Gallon of Single Stage Automotive Paint and it might be easier to use another Name if there is one. Safety Yellow is a cross between really bright Yellow and Hot Lime Green.

I've seen it called a couple of names, but your Safety Yellow should work. You'll find it labeled as Fluorescent Caution Safety Yellow, OSHA Safety Yellow and Traffic Yellow depending on the manufacturer.

Is there another name for Safety Yellow? I am wanting to buy a Gallon of Single Stage Automotive Paint and it might be easier to use another Name if there is one. Safety Yellow is a cross between really bright Yellow and Hot Lime Green.

Are you talking about "School Bus Yellow"?

I thought there was a Mustang within the last year or two that had a yellow my dealer was calling SBY.

Phill

Are you talking about "School Bus Yellow"?

I thought there was a Mustang within the last year or two that had a yellow my dealer was calling SBY.

Phill

School Buss Yellow is just that School Bus Yellow. Safety Yellow is the SUPER BRIGHT Lime/Yellow color you see a lot of Road Workers wearing.

I was looking to buy that color in single stage Paint for a Mustang Project BUT, today I was told an Automotive Paint Company told me that they used to mix & Sell Safety Yellow Paint BUT, it turns Flat after a few Months in the sun. So now I am going with Plan "B". I am thinking about 1970 Grabber Yellow unless I can find something Brighter.

School Buss Yellow is just that School Bus Yellow. Safety Yellow is the SUPER BRIGHT Lime/Yellow color you see a lot of Road Workers wearing.

I was looking to buy that color in single stage Paint for a Mustang Project BUT, today I was told an Automotive Paint Company told me that they used to mix & Sell Safety Yellow Paint BUT, it turns Flat after a few Months in the sun. So now I am going with Plan "B". I am thinking about 1970 Grabber Yellow unless I can find something Brighter.

Add some vampires from Twilight .... then it will sparkle in the sun :lol:

Safety yellow is a color on it's own and actually has it's own paint code #...the best one I've ever used was an Akzo Nobel product they bought out International and Devoe coatings.

yellow in general has very low body ( solids ) to it but this product is amazing for coverage.

Another thing to note even though safety yellow has it's own color code # I've found every product manufacture of that color will have a slightly different

shade some actually compared side by side some will have a slight greenish tint.

Archived