TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner From Socal

avinaj80

Hello everyone!

Just formally introducing myself. I'm Jose and live in Corona, CA (SoCal). I finally bought my first ever Shelby last week. A 2009 GT500, performance white with red stripes. This car is a "Red Stripe" package car. Has the black interior with red accents, along with red accents on the exterior emblems. Absolutely love the car! Looking forward to making some more Shelby friends! Seems to me the Shelby owners are much more laid back than the regular Mustang owners. Anyways, pics below! Tell me what you think!!

IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7951.jpg
IMG_7950.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7947.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

Jose,

Welcome!! We met some time back. Exchanged exhaust systems, back when we were both driving Mineral Grey 05's.

Glad to see you have joined the club. And yes, you will find the Shelby owners crowd to be much more......laid back...then non Shelby owners. Same with the forum.

Anyway, congrats and welcome aboard!!

Mike

Thanks fellas and yes Mike! I remember you! Awesome we have both now upgraded to a Shelby! Your GT was no slouch though! So far I am loving every moment of this car. Hey Mike, did you hear about that Shelby Cruise In & Rally the Peterson Museum has put together on the 25th? I'm going, check the link:

http://www.petersen.org/visit/museum-events/shelby-cruise-in-rally

Thanks fellas and yes Mike! I remember you! Awesome we have both now upgraded to a Shelby! Your GT was no slouch though! So far I am loving every moment of this car. Hey Mike, did you hear about that Shelby Cruise In & Rally the Peterson Museum has put together on the 25th? I'm going, check the link:

http://www.petersen.org/visit/museum-events/shelby-cruise-in-rally

Thanks Jose. Sadly my 05 was sold about a year or so ago, and now lives in New Zealand. I just could not justify having the 05, the Bullitt, and the Shelby. The 05 was going to be my daily driver, but, I just could not let the Shelby sit all week in the garage. Too much fun to drive....

Did you keep the MG 05, or let it go? Wife still driving a Pony?

Mike

My MG is sold, pending payment...lol Yes, wife still has her vert. I have fallen hard for this GT500. Just finished throwing on the Magnaflow exhaust I had on the MG. Sounds awesome! I can't keep both cars, deal I made with myself. It will live on with a good owner though.

My MG is sold, pending payment...lol Yes, wife still has her vert. I have fallen hard for this GT500. Just finished throwing on the Magnaflow exhaust I had on the MG. Sounds awesome! I can't keep both cars, deal I made with myself. It will live on with a good owner though.

Jose,

Totally understand. It was tough to watch the MG go for me, but, as you noted, "falling hard" for the Shelby is exactly what happens. My Shelby is a bucket list car for me. It will have been 2 years since I got mine come April, and I swear it still thrills me to no end to get in and fire her up.....

I upgaded the CAI and put in a Lund tune about a year or so ago, and you will not believe how it wakes up the beast. I'm pretty sure you had done this to your 05, so take that improvement times about 10, and that is what you will get on the Shelby. And that is without doing the pulley. I am holding off on that for a bit.

Just be careful out there. You are about to find out that for some reason, the Shelby is without a doubt an idiot magnet. Not just from the standpoint of every kid with a fart can on his car thinks they can whip you, but I swear I have had 10 times more close calls in the Shelby than with either of the other Mustangs. Lane changers, being cut off, parking idiots, you name it. And as you are aware, this is So Cal, the home of congestion and people late for everything.

Take care,

Mike

Archived