TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy From Colorado

quicklee

Hi all - newbie from Parker, CO. 2012 GT500 SVTPP, Perf white with red stripes. Just a couple piddly adds so far, no mods yet. Got the car in Oct with 5600 miles on it. It doesn't go out on bad weather days. Thanks in advance for all the help I know I will get from here.

post-44462-0-66209300-1421708049_thumb.jpg

Yep, Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club is in full swing. Actually had a Barrett Jackson viewing event this weekend. Most guys are down in the South Denver/Parker/Castle Rock area. Welcome to Team Shelby! Congrats on your purchase. Quite a few guys from the Denver Mustang Club are also in the Parker area.

Hi all - newbie from Parker, CO. 2012 GT500 SVTPP, Perf white with red stripes. Just a couple piddly adds so far, no mods yet. Got the car in Oct with 5600 miles on it. It doesn't go out on bad weather days. Thanks in advance for all the help I know I will get from here.

Howdy and welcome.

I'm down in The Springs myself.

Like others have said, the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club is one option. I was on the list but when they went to a paid membership I dropped off/out.

Many, if not most of the CSBC members are here on Team Shelby (TS) forums too so we still get to communicate with each other.

One warning about driving your car in the winter, the Mag Chloride they put on the roads here is devestating to your car and that's really the *primary* reason I don't take mine out in the winter. Besides the tires turn into hockey pucks and the car likes to get sideways at ANY speed so rather than chance damage I just don't drive it in the cold/winter months.

I have a little Cobra 427 S/C and a Raptor too so I do get to a few different functions up in the Denver area occasionally. The Golden Ultimate Cruise (1st Saturday of each summer month) is a GREAT time. The Chrome D' La Crem car show in Denver (November?) is a must see too.

The Mustang Roundup is supposed to be a great time too but I've never made it up there.

Ford Fun Weekend (FFW) is real popular for a summer event. It's in June or July at Bandimere and has a good TS and CSBC showing.

Hope to see you out there in the wind,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

1966 ERA Cobra 427 S/C (White w/Blue stripes)

2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 (Kona Blue w/White stripes)

2012 Ford F-150 Raptor (Race Red w/Black graphics)

There are lots of events and car shows. I lived in Lyons and scoped out Northern Colorado events. Check out old topic history in the Rocky Mountain subforum.

Make sure you pay a visit some Saturday to the Shelby American Collection museum. It is between Longmont and Boulder. www.shelbyamericancollection.org

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Quicklee,

Welcome to TS!

Yes the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club is alive and we'll!

As Jeff and Phill point out, many of us in the south side of town but have members from Fort Collins to the Springs. We have monthly events so please check out our website at shelbybreakfastclub.org

Please come to our Feb meeting and congrats on your new ride!

Barry

Do you have events during winter or just meetings? Moving to Larkspur and was suppose to be there 2 months ago but shit out of my control has everything on hold. I'm used to driving my cars anytime and not about to let a little winter get in the way haha

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, every month. Check out our calendar on our site at shelbybreakfastclub.org

We are having a breakfast meeting and museum tour this coming Saturday.

Hope you come!

Hawkbarr

I'm hearing 20 inches of snow this weekend. I won't be going anywhere, let alone up that far!

Phill

Archived