TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sensor On Inside Of 18 Inch Kr Alcoa Wheels?

ZEROED

What is that sensor looking thing banded to the inside of the 18 inch KR Alcoa wheels? I won a set of four on eBay from SA, and two of the four wheels have this blue sensor looking thing banded on the inside of the wheel. Thanks in advance for an answer.

What is that sensor looking thing banded to the inside of the 18 inch KR Alcoa wheels? I won a set of four on eBay from SA, and two of the four wheels have this blue sensor looking thing banded on the inside of the wheel. Thanks in advance for an answer.

They are Ford Tire pressure monitor sensors( TPMS) , what happen to other two? You will be better off to buy a new set from American Muscle as they are attached to the valve stem . The Ford ones are quite expensive by the time the bands & sensors

Thank you shelby001. If I go with the two sensors only, will my low tire pressure light stay on? Are the American Muscle sensors to the correct frequency for the 07 GT-500? Can I transfer the sensors from my OEM GT-500 wheels?

Don't try to transfer the sensors.. Too much can and will go wrong. Best to get new bands, brackets and sensors. yes it is expensive but that will keep the dash light from going off. Oh, if you can, buy a unit to align the sensors with the correct frequency. If you don't buy one, you'll have to take it to a Ford dealer and have them do the reset.

For more info on this go to tire rack ,com and look and what they say for the sensors and such.

Good luck.

rattlesnake

Archived