TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Much Do You Love Your '07-'09 Gt500??

judgeman6970

Robert - beautiful job. I don't want to hijack this thread, but what did you use for de-rust and sealing when you were done? Possibly start a new thread or PM me...THANKS!

Here is the thread I started over on the 2007-2012 Super Snake forum. It also shows pictures of what I used to de-rust, seal and replicate assy. line markings during the restoration process..

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/74180-88-axle-restore/?hl=%2Baxle+%2Brust

R

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been on the forum for a long time. Still have my 2007 I bought new in September 2007 off the showroom floor. Aside from clutch issues, it's been a great car and lots of fun to drive. the 2007-2009 Shelbys are the best looking, as far as I'm concerned. Will hang on to it for a long time!

I bought my 2007 GT500 "used" (18 miles on it) in September 2007, and my first drive was the 500 miles from Vermont back home to Maryland. In the span of a year, I went from a 120-hp Toyota Corolla (auto), to a 300-hp 2006 Mustang GT (5-speed), to the 500-hp Shelby beast. What a difference! The first year, it was my daily driver, in rain, snow, sleet, anything but hail - and it handled relatively well, thanks to Goodyear all-season tires.

Thought I'd never mod it...but didn't take a year until I did the short-throw shifter and axle-back exhaust. The major mod came in 2009 with the Ford Racing Handling Pack, which turned the car into an entirely different animal. Started going to the track in 2011, and had a blast, even after I put her nose-first into a barrier and caused $19K in damage (track insurance is the best invention EVER!). Most recently, I added my first power mod - the Ford Racing CAI and Tune, which definitely wakes up the motor and throttle response and puts it right on the hairy edge of frightening.

Now, all these years later, and with 63,000 miles on her, I'm still as smitten as the day I bought her.

• 4 weeks later...

2014 5.8 Liter with 2.3 TVS SVT TP/PP GT-500 Cobra all the way Dudes. ......GET SUM!!

Archived