TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Much Do You Love Your '07-'09 Gt500??

judgeman6970

Just had the 'ol '09 GT500 out today. Even though it was only 27 degrees, still managed to give her a nice wash. Roads were clean, so I got to put a few miles on her, with the super-charger enjoying the cool weather. There's just something about these '07-'09 Shelbys. The way they drive/feel/look, just "all-business". I'm gonna try to hold on to this thing for a long, long time!! :)

post-25069-0-52055800-1421538543_thumb.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had the 'ol '09 GT500 out today. Even though it was only 27 degrees, still managed to give her a nice wash. Roads were clean, so I got to put a few miles on her, with the super-charger enjoying the cool weather. There's just something about these '07-'09 Shelbys. The way they drive/feel/look, just "all-business". I'm gonna try to hold on to this thing for a long, long time!! :)

I'm keeping mine. Do a few mods every year and plenty fast and fun to drive.

My first Shelby was the 07 (like the one in I Am Legend). My current Shelby is the 08 KR. I love these body styles the best to date. It's been so warm up here in my part of Alaska that I could have taken mine out yesterday if it weren't for having the interior out for the upgrade.

AK.

Here is the litmus test: When I go to cars and coffee and park anywhere close to guys with later model Shelby's the crowd is typically standing around mine. That says something about the design of the car. The 2010 and up are nice looking, but a departure of the throwback design of the 2007 - 2009 cars. I think it is fair to say that I'm keeping mine. Not to mention I couldn't rebuild this car with what I have done as some of the parts aren't even available anymore.

It's the car I've always wanted. Now I have it and it goes after I am six feet underground. Unless the wife learns how to drive a stick. So for I'm lucky. She says " I can't drive a stick". I inform her with an attitude like that she will never get it and walk away with a smile. A big plus mine is a dd.

I ordered mine in 2006 and got it in 2007 and still love driving it. Nothing better then passing someone and they give you the thumbs up.

I enjoy taking it to the car shows with the kids and them fighting over who will get it when I am gone. The fun part is telling them it goes to the grand kids so its a race to who will give me one first. lol

post-8104-0-82316700-1421609750_thumb.jpg

post-8104-0-22273600-1421609760_thumb.jpg

Bought 08 new. .DD nice weather 60KMS .600rwhp .. sounds great The looks of 07/09 is what attracts everyone......I'm 67 now ..so see who gives in first... me or Shelby.. When asked what I liked most about my car .. I replied .. DRIVING .. "it is like sex .. I don't what to get out"

Huge fan of the 07-09 models! I remember picking up a magazine at the airport in 2005 with a sweet looking red GT500 on the cover. I think the headline read "Shelby GT500 is Back!" something like that. My wife and I both agreed we would try to get one. Unfortunately, when they started showing up at the dealers in August 2006, the ADMs made them out of our range. A few years went by and I just kept thinking I had to get one. After a year of searching several websites. I was looking for a low mileage, stock car. I finally found what I was looking for and then some. I didn't know the 40th cars existed, I feel like a got a little bonus. I have zero intentions of getting rid of this car. I wouldn't trade it for a new GT500.

IMG_6386_zps813f0d50.jpg

Archived