TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Much Do You Love Your '07-'09 Gt500??

judgeman6970

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my 2009 so much it was in my wedding. She is daily driven, and I honestly have dreams about my car. Oh yeah I notice sometimes I crack a beer and grab a cigar, and chill staring at her in the garage. I will still be driving this car when I'm 90!

Mark

post-35652-0-19328800-1427555057_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

II sold the one in my sig, then missed her so bad I purchased another 08 same color combo from a member of Team Shelby.

I just got her back from the shop two days ago. I literely drove her a couple mths then down for some majior mods (took over a year for phase 1) I'm going to drive her a few mths the back under the knife for an 4r100 install.

This one will not be sold !!!!!!

I love my 2009 so much it was in my wedding. She is daily driven, and I honestly have dreams about my car. Oh yeah I notice sometimes I crack a beer and grab a cigar, and chill staring at her in the garage. I will still be driving this car when I'm 90!

Mark

We left the church, from our wedding, in my '69 MGC.....no Mustangs to that point in our life. My eldest son left his wedding driving his '72 Jensen Healey....now has an 06 GT vert. Youngest son left his wedding (in 18 degree weather) in his '82 Fiat Spyder......he's currently shopping for an 06-09 GT vert......you see the trend here?

We left the church, from our wedding, in my '69 MGC.....no Mustangs to that point in our life. My eldest son left his wedding driving his '72 Jensen Healey....now has an 06 GT vert. Youngest son left his wedding (in 18 degree weather) in his '82 Fiat Spyder......he's currently shopping for an 06-09 GT vert......you see the trend here?

You all start out life in really really small cars?

Guest markham51

The stocker on my 08 went at 22K..........I put in a McCleod and am now at 49K...... no problems

Maybe time to consider aftermarket? :shrug:

Yes...waiting to hear news on the latest autopsy from Ford...

M

• 4 weeks later...

A lot because it still has some of that classic muscle feel.

"The GT500 is thrilling, if you enjoy handling unexploded ordinance: the hair-trigger throttle, aggressive clutch bite and neck-jerking low-end torque demand fearful respect, especially on the street." - https://www.yahoo.com/autos/bp/ford-shelby-gt500-vs-boss-302-mustang-one-191640914.html

That about sums it up.

• 3 months later...

Just bought mine... An '08 and I have been looking exclusively for only 2007-2009 years. It took 3 years to find it but now I got it. It had 5011 miles stripe delete triple black all stock except Shelby hood pins and a touch screen nav.

New mufflers and A

A CIA are all that's planned before she goes to sleep for 5 months out here in Chicago!

Just bought mine... An '08 and I have been looking exclusively for only 2007-2009 years. It took 3 years to find it but now I got it. It had 5011 miles stripe delete triple black all stock except Shelby hood pins and a touch screen nav.

New mufflers and A

A CIA are all that's planned before she goes to sleep for 5 months out here in Chicago!

Congrat`s on your new ride. The cIa will sure wake up your 5.4.

Just got mine back from the shop after I blew a clutch line. 141k miles of fun! Retired now so I won't be able to afford another one so my SVT#12 will have to last another couple of decades. It only gets 3000 miles or so a year now that I am not driving it 100 miles every day to work. I still enjoy cleaning and waxing it and then taking the grandkids out for a drive.

Mark / MSB Mustang

There is one thing I could ask/hope for... Another 100K miles over the next 20 years or so without a major problem! :shift:

Being part of the first group of 20 2007 GT500's made (SVT#12) I have been told by some Ford people that a bit more care was taken putting mine together than a normal one and it should last a bit longer if I take care of it. We will just have to wait and see...

Just got mine back from the shop after I blew a clutch line. 141k miles of fun!

Mark / MSB Mustang

I'm glad to hear you've achieved 141k miles without any major problems. I'm at 71k miles in my 2010 and it's running strong!

• 3 months later...

There is a car commercial about "remembering when.......... you use to be you." Wish it was a Ford commercial............captured the feeling of owning/driving a 2007 Shelby GT500.

I hope to hold on to ours and pass it along to the grandchild who shows the most enthusiasm. So far this one is winning........lol........

He was playing with his toy car at 2 1/2 and said, "Turn over school bus, I need to check your alternator." Too cute.......

JP And Papa under The Car

DSC00860

JP And Papa with The Thunderbird

My 08 is a fair weather car and I love every chance I get to drive it. I love work on it too, mostly suspension stuff.

My brother is getting a new 350 R next week. I can't wait to see it, however I'll be keeping mine for a long time.

I' like the basic retro body and all business with the motor, even though I am a road racer at heart. I know the 350R will eat me at the track.

I love both my super snakes, but I must say my first is near and dear to my heart. Something about the lines and overall performance don't hurt the decision either (I dig verts as well). At some point one will have to go to make room for the next (wife not letting me get another car unless one goes) lol. When that time comes, it will be the '08.

I like the 2007-2009 body style best...........but I hate the 2007-2010 rust............"Axle Rust"................so I spent a large amount of time making my 2008 axle assy. line correct again, and sealing it so it stays that way............

B4..........

018-1.jpg

0063-1.jpg

After........

0014-4.jpg

016-1.jpg

023-1_zpsd0dea3de.jpg

R

I like the 2007-2009 body style best...........but I hate the 2007-2010 rust............"Axle Rust"................so I spent a large amount of time making my 2008 axle assy. line correct again, and sealing it so it stays that way............

B4..........

018-1.jpg

0063-1.jpg

After........

0014-4.jpg

016-1.jpg

023-1_zpsd0dea3de.jpg

R

Wow, that is some very nice work! Excellent job. Bet that was a PIA but probably lots of satisfaction afterwards.

Wow, that is some very nice work! Excellent job. Bet that was a PIA but probably lots of satisfaction afterwards.

It was a Real pain, very time consuming to do it right. You can't use sandpaper because it would scratch the bare metal surface, you can't sandblast because it would etch the bare metal surface. A wire brush would also create scratches, so a slow chemical rust removal was the only way to do it and leave the bare metal surface new looking after the de-rust process.

Then I researched the assy. line way of marking these axle assy.'s and they use Markal paint markers (in the old days they used paint sticks). I bought the correct colors and replicated every marking so that it ended up "as it was" when it was first assembled.

Yes, a PITA to do, but I knew that the longer I waited, the worse the rust pitting on the axle tubes. Once they are pitted, there is no "getting it to look new" without the rust pits, so I pulled the axle out and jumped on the project.

I also had some deterioration of the factory stickers and decals, they also had to be replicated for a correct look. That barcode band around the right axle tube...........that is the VIN identifier, it makes that axle a "matching number" axle to the car. The sequence number of the VIN is not stamped in the axle tube as it was years ago, so once that wrap/tag is gone, so is the VIN info.

Yes, I must admit, to take on a project to this level, You REALLY gotta LOVE your 2007-2009 (or 2010) GT500!!!

R

Archived