TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Much Do You Love Your '07-'09 Gt500??

judgeman6970

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought an 08 GT500 last month....only 9000 miles on 'er and I'd swear it has never seen a bad day.....I would eat my lunch off the bottom side if I had to ! Always loved Shelbys and have been to the old and new museum in Las Vegas, last year and previous years. (It's FREE so everyone should go if they have a chance) I prefer "stripped down" performance cars so when I came across this torch red, stripe delete car, NO nav, NO 1000 watts, NO options at all, black interior, plain Jane car ( even has a "blackout package".....black emblems, black rear "gas cap" ) it makes it even more stealth, even though the original owner wanted partial "KR" stuff added, he only had Ford add "unseen KR upgrades" such as FFRP exhaust, cold air intake, computer upgrade, short throw shifter, all installed by Ford before they delivered it......I couldn't have done it better myself !! And talk about performance......I can't stop smiling......and that supercharger whine......and he left everything original in the trunk (window sticker, original dealer oil change sticker, computer upgrade tool, Ford work orders).....it is such a cool car I traded in my 1974 Corvette, 454 big block, 4 speed convertible to get it !!.....and I haven't regretted it one bit !! Lucky for me, the weather here in Kansas City has been great this winter so I have been able to enjoy this new car many times in the last month.....even my wife is excited about owning a Shelby automobile. After visiting the museum in Las Vegas and seeing the sticker prices, we thought we'd never own one......but the small dealership here fell in love with my old Corvette and a good deal was made ! I've rambled on too much....I'm just glad to see others enjoying the GT500 also !!

post-44466-0-10805400-1421785993_thumb.jpg

post-44466-0-22835500-1421786013_thumb.jpg

post-44466-0-15689900-1421786030_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I can keep mine but used only in nice weather, I have a little pick up for DD. When the DD needs to be replaced, not sure Ill be able to swing it unless I dig into investments or savings. But when the time comes I may be better off financially. Still recovering from divorce. :spend:

Still love to see it nice and clean in the garage..makes me feel not too much of a loser (financially).

Hopefully I can keep mine but used only in nice weather, I have a little pick up for DD. When the DD needs to be replaced, not sure Ill be able to swing it unless I dig into investments or savings. But when the time comes I may be better off financially. Still recovering from divorce. :spend:

Still love to see it nice and clean in the garage..makes me feel not too much of a loser (financially).

Try to hold on to it, just spend as little as possible on your next d/d...good luck!!

Here is the litmus test: When I go to cars and coffee and park anywhere close to guys with later model Shelby's the crowd is typically standing around mine. That says something about the design of the car. The 2010 and up are nice looking, but a departure of the throwback design of the 2007 - 2009 cars. I think it is fair to say that I'm keeping mine. Not to mention I couldn't rebuild this car with what I have done as some of the parts aren't even available anymore.

Viper, that is so true. The 07/08's were the first Shelby's with the s197 retro style harking back to the 65/66 models. To me, the 65/66 versions were the best of the original Shelby's . Same with the 07/08's. Also, other members, don't flame me. ALL SHELBY'S are AWESOME, that's an objective statement. The subjective part is the best ones are the 07/08's.

Modding mine a little each year and loving every second of it!

attachicon.gif08 Shelby.jpgattachicon.gif08 Shelby GT500.jpgattachicon.gif2008 Shelby.jpgattachicon.gifGT500.jpgJust bought an 08 GT500 last month....only 9000 miles on 'er and I'd swear it has never seen a bad day.....I would eat my lunch off the bottom side if I had to ! Always loved Shelbys and have been to the old and new museum in Las Vegas, last year and previous years. (It's FREE so everyone should go if they have a chance) I prefer "stripped down" performance cars so when I came across this torch red, stripe delete car, NO nav, NO 1000 watts, NO options at all, black interior, plain Jane car ( even has a "blackout package".....black emblems, black rear "gas cap" ) it makes it even more stealth, even though the original owner wanted partial "KR" stuff added, he only had Ford add "unseen KR upgrades" such as FFRP exhaust, cold air intake, computer upgrade, short throw shifter, all installed by Ford before they delivered it......I couldn't have done it better myself !! And talk about performance......I can't stop smiling......and that supercharger whine......and he left everything original in the trunk (window sticker, original dealer oil change sticker, computer upgrade tool, Ford work orders).....it is such a cool car I traded in my 1974 Corvette, 454 big block, 4 speed convertible to get it !!.....and I haven't regretted it one bit !! Lucky for me, the weather here in Kansas City has been great this winter so I have been able to enjoy this new car many times in the last month.....even my wife is excited about owning a Shelby automobile. After visiting the museum in Las Vegas and seeing the sticker prices, we thought we'd never own one......but the small dealership here fell in love with my old Corvette and a good deal was made ! I've rambled on too much....I'm just glad to see others enjoying the GT500 also !!

Congrats on the new ride! I'll watch for you in KC!

I love them so I have 3........a White GT500 with the 427 package and a few other performance mods, a Vista Blue SuperSnake coupe (725 hp) and a Vista Blue 40th Convertible (Party of 15). All '07's. Once I got the bug I just couldn't stop.....puts a smile on my face every time I drive one.

GT

I love them so I have 3........a White GT500 with the 427 package and a few other performance mods, a Vista Blue SuperSnake coupe (725 hp) and a Vista Blue 40th Convertible (Party of 15). All '07's. Once I got the bug I just couldn't stop.....puts a smile on my face every time I drive one.

GT

Wow nice selection , it take me most of the day to decide which one to drive that day.

Like many of you guys,love the look of the 07-09's,the raw feeling and less refine ride is a plus for me anyways.

Had mine for 6yrs now,it's an 07',bought it with 2100 miles now roughly 23K...loved every one of them.

i think you hit the nail on the head. i like the simplicity and rawness of it, too. solid axle, mechanical suspension (and stiff with limited adjustment if aftermarket), mechanical steering, no computer games in the dash, solid and reliable iron block, manual shift only.....

My dream car! Can't imagine selling it or trading for another. Wouldn't mind having a '14--kind of like bookends, you know. I did a desk calendar a couple of years ago with just pics of my car at the beach, the mountains, etc. we travel a lot in it. My daughter-in-laws didn't quite understand....only pictures of THE CAR? LOL! They'll learn. I have considered this as well.....

Man-Buried-Riding-His-Harley-Davidson-Mo

I love her even more after today: Finally got my car tuned today after all the mods late last year. After we changed the pulley and loaded the SCT tune last fall, the car just wasn't acting right. Big difference before and after. HP was 450.8 and Torque 486.9 on the initial pull with Air/fuel was 13.5 and running too lean. After 5 hours of fiddling on the computer and 7 pulls later, we gained quite a bit and the car is actually running properly. Air/fuel now 12.4 so not running so lean. Torque and HP curves look great. Torque = 549.9 and HP = 524.8 at the wheels. Very pleased with the guys at the Performance Factory in Concord, NC. Just a hop skip and jump away from the speedway if you are in Charlotte anytime soon. Should have a link to their you tube video of my car soon. And now my car is on their website on the dyno. ;)

http://www.performancefactory.us/dyno/

I think some owners and enthusiast prefer the looks of the 07-09 Shelby's over the 2010+ is due to the Shelbyesque front fascia of the 2013/2014 v6 and GT mustang. The styling on the 2010+ became numb, even to me, because I was seeing it everywhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my '06 with a GT500 driveline until I totaled it and I never planned to get rid of it.

I sold my '07 GT500 to help the family out and hated doing it.

Now I have ANOTHER '07 GT500 and will never sell it unless I become homeless :)

All Tungsten gray too!

I got my 2007 GT 500 brand new on December 6 2006.

I drive it every 2 years as I have three other cars to share.

Bone stock with exhaust change.

When I drive it for the first time after every 2 years I get the exact same feeling as the first time I ever drove it.

Car now has 1800 original miles with the new car smell still there.

Last car show I took it to I was shocked the way it drew a large crowd, people can't believe it is a 2007 (Timeless Design).

Always puts a smile on my face. :)

Original owner for ever.

post-5661-0-53681800-1425220712_thumb.jpg

i think you hit the nail on the head. i like the simplicity and rawness of it, too. solid axle, mechanical suspension (and stiff with limited adjustment if aftermarket), mechanical steering, no computer games in the dash, solid and reliable iron block, manual shift only.....

I think a lot of us enjoy the simple, more basic car. It might be a link to our 60's cars that were so simple to drive, work on, modify, etc. I specifically wanted one without a computer screen in the dash, simple A/C-heater controls, probably as close as you can get to a '67 GT500 in a modern-day car.....and it hasn't disappointed yet. I've never owned a supercharged car before, but it sure leaves a lasting impression in your mind after the first time you hear that whine and the rear end breaking loose......as they say "WOW, WHAT A RIDE" !!

wow, i'd like to know your formula for maintaining the car while its not being driven.

Fuel Stabilizer in the gas tank, Trickle charger on the battery and a simple ride around the block once in awhile to keep things lubricated when it is on it's year off. This May it will be in full use, looking forward to driving it again this year :shift:

Archived