TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Gt Dash Plaque

KiwiShelby

Hey guys,

My wife and I have just purchased a 2008 GT. Someone has stolen the dash plaque off it, is it possible to order a replacement? I can only see 500GT ones on the Shelby site. IS it possible to get a replacement one for the GT?

Thanks,

Shane

I would say no as there is a plaque out there some where & SAI would probably not issue another. Why don1t you contact Steve & see if it is in the rgistery & a least you are the new owner & you could give him your info. for the registery..

Hey guys,

My wife and I have just purchased a 2008 GT. Someone has stolen the dash plaque off it, is it possible to order a replacement? I can only see 500GT ones on the Shelby site. IS it possible to get a replacement one for the GT?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

Welcome to Team Shelby. I'll send you an email on Monday when I'm back in the office concerning your dash plaque questions.

Steve

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Shane

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to TS.

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the replies, our CSM number is :CSM08SGT1428.

I think the plaque was taken off by a previous owner in the US, or by someone shipping the car to New Zealand, yup, it is now down under in NZ.

We have updated the registry, and our ViN and CSM number have been accepted. I am really happy with this car, it is awesome. I am hoping someone may take pity on us at Shelby!!

Thanks for the welcomes too.

I hope to post pics as time goes by. No doubt I will have more questions, as Ford does not support these cars in New Zealand, all Mustangs up until 2015 are private imports....so we need to source our own parts etc.

Cheers,

Shane

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the replies, our CSM number is :CSM08SGT1428.

I think the plaque was taken off by a previous owner in the US, or by someone shipping the car to New Zealand, yup, it is now down under in NZ.

We have updated the registry, and our ViN and CSM number have been accepted. I am really happy with this car, it is awesome. I am hoping someone may take pity on us at Shelby!!

Thanks for the welcomes too.

I hope to post pics as time goes by. No doubt I will have more questions, as Ford does not support these cars in New Zealand, all Mustangs up until 2015 are private imports....so we need to source our own parts etc.

Cheers,

Shane

Very nice! Your contact with Shelbymotorsport (Steve) is great. If anyone can help or direct you too who can, he knows.

You know, it's funny, we have a 1977 F150 Ranger XTL 4x4 and a 1953 F100, now the Shelby, and on all forums I have been on, everyone is very helpful, especially when they hear we are not in the USA, and need to source all our own parts. We get so many offers of help, it really humbles us, and all offers are appreciated. If anyone is interested in seeing the forum postings on the restoration of these two, I will post a link. Th F150 is an eye opener for sure!!

I hope we get a positive outcome, but I understand the concern over forgeries, and that Shelby cannot take the chance of this occurring. I am hoping that maybe if we can provide enough proof of ownership, maybe we will get a positive reply, but I understand if we don't.

Steve actually e-mailed me in the past about registering our Shelby, and his contact was great, and much appreciated too, I get a first impression he is a great guy.

I also must admit I may not be on the forum as often as I want, as I drive logging trucks down here, and as such, don't get a lot of free time. Funny thing, NZ is dominated by Japanese, Australian and European cars, with very few American cars here, yet we drive American cars...and at work I drive a Mack!! We just love American vehicles!!

Cheers,

Shane