TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Expecting

:hysterical2: Too Late!

I understand. I have been following this car since long before the 2005s were released. I've seen many, many people go through this frustrating waiting game. Even though I expect it, I'll still look like this for the next 1-4 weeks. :wacko:

As always, thank you. If you get a chance, thank the birdies for me, too.

I have tomorrow off and will be relaxing at home. I will try to get ahold of Birdie.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have tomorrow off and will be relaxing at home. I will try to get ahold of Birdie.

I hope they ship this thing soon. I don't know if I can take the insomnia any longer. I can't imagine what it would be like without any status updates.

enjoy you day off. be sure to relax.

I hope they ship this thing soon. I don't know if I can take the insomnia any longer. I can't imagine what it would be like without any status updates.

enjoy you day off. be sure to relax.

I broke a tooth yesterday. Dental apt. at 9am to get it fixed. I will call on your car around noon my time.

I broke a tooth yesterday. Dental apt. at 9am to get it fixed. I will call on your car around noon my time.

Ouch!!

What happened? Too much of this because of all the dual personalities around here... :banghead:

Did Tanabanana see those pictures you put up of "Bad Girl" and hit you with this... :finger:

Were you in the middle of Ruf and Snoop... :gang:

Can't play nice in the sandbox... :sandbox:

Sexystang hit you with the chair one too many times... :chairshot:

:hysterical2:

I kill myself sometimes!

Joe - I will deal with you later.

Kevin - I just called Birdie. Got the closed recording. I forgot that they only load the trains and trucks Tuesday thru Sat. and that Sun. and Monday they are not open. I will call in the morning for you.

they only load the trains and trucks Tuesday thru Sat. and that Sun. and Monday they are not open. I will call in the morning for you.

Doh! The suspense never ends. This is killing me.

Thanks Rob. I look forward to tomorrow's update.

Doh! The suspense never ends. This is killing me.

Thanks Rob. I look forward to tomorrow's update.

Kevin,

I have good news and bad news and pending news.

First the Bad news:

When I called Autoport today they told me that something happened that has caused them to make a policy that they could not give out information on "personal" call anymore. They told me that it all has to go thru the VOPC. The lady would not budge on her position.....trust me I tried to smoosh her, and failed. :banghead:

The Good news is:

I called the plant Birdie ® and he was willing to help....as always. He ran your vin and the computer showed some sort of activity today. However.... the screen would not tell him what that activity was. :banghead:

The pending news is:

R is going to go check the status on your car and try to get some details and asked me to call him back in a few hours. I will call him around lunch time (West coast time).

The big bummer is that with out the autoport connection.....I can no longer get early railcar numbers. :banghead:

However, there is a way to work the system thru the VOPC. I have done it with my car. I do want to make a suggestion to you that you ask your dealer to call the VOPC at 1 800 962-3746 and ask some questions about your car. Have them also ask if they can get the rail car number too, if it has one yet. When the dealer calls the VOPC, the VOPC calls the ramp (Autoport) for an update.

Catch ya in a few hours.

Kevin,

I have good news and bad news and pending news.

First the Bad news:

When I called Autoport today they told me that something happened that has caused them to make a policy that they could not give out information on "personal" call anymore. They told me that it all has to go thru the VOPC. The lady would not budge on her position.....trust me I tried to smoosh her, and failed. :banghead:

The Good news is:

I called the plant Birdie ® and he was willing to help....as always. He ran your vin and the computer showed some sort of activity today. However.... the screen would not tell him what that activity was. :banghead:

The pending news is:

R is going to go check the status on your car and try to get some details and asked me to call him back in a few hours. I will call him around lunch time (West coast time).

The big bummer is that with out the autoport connection.....I can no longer get early railcar numbers. :banghead:

However, there is a way to work the system thru the VOPC. I have done it with my car. I do want to make a suggestion to you that you ask your dealer to call the VOPC at 1 800 962-3746 and ask some questions about your car. Have them also ask if they can get the rail car number too, if it has one yet. When the dealer calls the VOPC, the VOPC calls the ramp (Autoport) for an update.

Catch ya in a few hours.

Kevin,

Just talked to R, and he is waiting for one of the "guys" to get back to him with a status. He said to give it a couple more hours and I will call him back.

Kevin,

Just talked to R, and he is waiting for one of the "guys" to get back to him with a status. He said to give it a couple more hours and I will call him back.

Thanks for all your work, Rob. Bummer on losing the contact at the transport company.

Tell R thanks again for me. I'll check later to see if any results were obtained. Otherwise, I'll keep checking.

Thanks for all your work, Rob. Bummer on losing the contact at the transport company.

Tell R thanks again for me. I'll check later to see if any results were obtained. Otherwise, I'll keep checking.

Kevin,

I will be calling "R" in the morning. I missed him this afternoon. I called at 2:20 my time and he must of gone home (5:20 his time). Sorry. The 3 hour time difference gets me sometimes. Stay tuned.

Kevin,

I will be calling "R" in the morning. I missed him this afternoon. I called at 2:20 my time and he must of gone home (5:20 his time). Sorry. The 3 hour time difference gets me sometimes. Stay tuned.

That's OK, Rob. You are going above and beyond as it is. I'll be waiting patiently :waiting: by my computer.

I'll just keep passing the time by spending money on mods and the like. This week I bought the Shelby Car Cover from Ford, the FRPP shifter, a short chrome Hurst stick and a classic white ball knob. I bought a new paint clay also. IF this car does not hurry up and get here, I'll be broke from buying stuff.

Man your getting close 5.4 Shelby.

I called my dealer today and still no new info.

My waiting on a build date is just starting to get to me. :banghead:

Good luck Joker. I really hope you get a build date soon.

I can't believe mine is really getting that close. I could have it any day. Or, I could be waiting a few more weeks if it has not shipped yet.

Kevin,

We are going to need the rail car number. "R" will not be able to give me that. You are going to need to engage your dealer to help. I have the private BNSF rail tracker program and it allows me to trace the car with the last 8 of the vin number. But the other tracking programs need the rail car number if it goes with a different rail carrier.

Will your dealer be willing to call the VOPC ? If not, we could call them if you have the dealer code number! There are ways around a dealer that won't help.:spiteful:

Kevin,

We are going to need the rail car number. "R" will not be able to give me that. You are going to need to engage your dealer to help. I have the private BNSF rail tracker program and it allows me to trace the car with the last 8 of the vin number. But the other tracking programs need the rail car number if it goes with a different rail carrier.

Will your dealer be willing to call the VOPC ? If not, we could call them if you have the dealer code number! There are ways around a dealer that won't help.:spiteful:

I will try to contact the salesman tomorrow. I think he might take Wednesdays off. I do have the dealers number on my DORA and I have a copy of the window sticker that has it. IF need be, I can pretend I am him. :ninja:

I think we first need to find out if it has even shipped. Once it has, I'll try to get you the rail car number. Do you know for sure that it will ship by train? My dealer is only about 250 miles from Flat Rock.

I will try to contact the salesman tomorrow. I think he might take Wednesdays off. I do have the dealers number on my DORA and I have a copy of the window sticker that has it. IF need be, I can pretend I am him. :ninja:

I think we first need to find out if it has even shipped. Once it has, I'll try to get you the rail car number. Do you know for sure that it will ship by train? My dealer is only about 250 miles from Flat Rock.

I don't know for sure. It's a crap shoot guess for me. When you call VOPC, they will ask you for the dealer number. The order number. The body style. The dealership name. Your position at the dealership and your name. Last 8 of the vin #. Be prepared to rattle that info off and you will be in like flint.

I don't know for sure. It's a crap shoot guess for me. When you call VOPC, they will ask you for the dealer number. The order number. The body style. The dealership name. Your position at the dealership and your name. Last 8 of the vin #. Be prepared to rattle that info off and you will be in like flint.

I have all that info. I'll see what happens tomorrow. IT may be too late by the time I get home. IF not, I'll try on Thu.

I am sending you a PM

Rob, I put put a request on BON employee tracking forum last night. According to them it has not shipped yet. :(

i don't know how up to date their info is. I'll wait unti I get confirmation that it has shipped before I call VOPC for a rail car number.

Rob, I put put a request on BON employee tracking forum last night. According to them it has not shipped yet. :(

i don't know how up to date their info is. I'll wait unti I get confirmation that it has shipped before I call VOPC for a rail car number.

Just tried calling R and no answer. :waiting:

Just tried calling R and no answer. :waiting:

Kevin,

I left a message earlier today with R but no reply. I called him back at 4:50 before he got off work but no answer. Looks like another day lost with no update. :waiting:

Kevin,

I left a message earlier today with R but no reply. I called him back at 4:50 before he got off work but no answer. Looks like another day lost with no update. :waiting:

It has been that kinda day all day.

I left a message with my inside source. He said he'd check on it. No answer from him either. I guess I'll just have to learn to be patient.

Thanks.

It has been that kinda day all day.

I left a message with my inside source. He said he'd check on it. No answer from him either. I guess I'll just have to learn to be patient.

Thanks.

I heard back. The car was gate released 8/14. Should be in the hands of the shipper now. I'll see if I can get info from the dealer today. IF not, I'll call VOPC. I'm terrible with dishonesty, but, I suppose I can lie once to find out my rail car number.

I heard back. The car was gate released 8/14. Should be in the hands of the shipper now. I'll see if I can get info from the dealer today. IF not, I'll call VOPC. I'm terrible with dishonesty, but, I suppose I can lie once to find out my rail car number.

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

It's Here! It's Here! It's Really Here!!!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :party2: :elefant:

Shelbyfamily.jpg

Right on.

:happy feet: Congrats on your new baby! :happy feet:

:elefant: She looks sweeeeeet! :elefant:

Now go drive it and tell us all about it. :shift:

Right on.

:happy feet: Congrats on your new baby! :happy feet:

:elefant: She looks sweeeeeet! :elefant:

Now go drive it and tell us all about it. :shift:

Totally cool !!!! Glad to see her in your hands finally !!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

And you followed the Golden Rule Post a PIC immediately when you post that

your car is there!!! hahaha

Totally cool !!!! Glad to see her in your hands finally !!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

And you followed the Golden Rule Post a PIC immediately when you post that

your car is there!!! hahaha

Good form ol' chap :D

Nice looking car and pictures.

Congrates on the new car!

GREAT NEWS!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!! :happy feet: :banana piano: :bandance:

See my other reply here (I exceeded the emoticon limit there and had to cut back a few):

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry199826

Nice family pic, too! Are the kids going to wrestle to see who gets to ride, or do a couple of them ride in the trunk??? :hysterical2:

GREAT NEWS!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!! :happy feet: :banana piano: :bandance:

See my other reply here (I exceeded the emoticon limit there and had to cut back a few):

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry199826

Nice family pic, too! Are the kids going to wrestle to see who gets to ride, or do a couple of them ride in the trunk??? :hysterical2:

Wife drove the van home alone. 2 hrs. My son had been attached to my hip since I got it. He has been helping me wash/detail it all day. Of course, we had to go for a few rides, too.

Archived