TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Expecting

I ordered my GT500 today. And I already have a VIN. It is a long story, but, the dealer had an order in the banks for a 2007. It got carried over to 2008 and no buyer for the car. IT got submitted to plant and assigned a VIN. So, since it matched my specs (close anyway), they bumped me to first. I should know in the next few days what my build week will be.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! First Joker45 and now you 5.4Shelby, that's great news!

On top of that, with the VIN already in, you will likely be able to drive your car this summer! Congrats!

So are they still honoring the MSRP deal ?

Yes. We have not written up anything with a price on it yet as prices have not been released. Using the $1000 increase and option prices he gave an estimate of around $45k.

Yes. We have not written up anything with a price on it yet as prices have not been released. Using the $1000 increase and option prices he gave an estimate of around $45k.

Great. Lets hope he does not have a change of heart.

Let's hope not either. I think he is sincere. Otherwise, he has no reason to waste my time or his with this. IT has been very clear all along that I would not pay over MSRP. They would have no problem selling it to someone else if they were looking to get over for it. Therefore, I doubt they would have called me today to tell me it was ordered. Since so many others have been screwed, however, it is always in the back of my mind.

Hopefully prices will be released soon and it will be written up including prices.

Let's hope not either. I think he is sincere. Otherwise, he has no reason to waste my time or his with this. IT has been very clear all along that I would not pay over MSRP. They would have no problem selling it to someone else if they were looking to get over for it. Therefore, I doubt they would have called me today to tell me it was ordered. Since so many others have been screwed, however, it is always in the back of my mind.

Hopefully prices will be released soon and it will be written up including prices.

I forgot. Did'nt you say you had a order written that said MSRP. What ever MSRP is determined to be?

+1...we've seen this situation go bad too many times. You could simply have him write on the sales order "Will sell at MSRP". That's what I did...I ordered mine before pricing was out in spring of 2006. Good luck.

AD

I forgot. Did'nt you say you had a order written that said MSRP. What ever MSRP is determined to be?

It said "list." When I questioned him about it he said he uses those terms interchangably. Today, as I said, he and the sales manager estimated $45k the way I had it spec'd out.

The other order said MSRP. But that is the small previous SVT dealer that I was 3rd at. They got cut to 2 cars when Ford changed the dist plan. Theystill have me on the list if they should get a 3rd car. I'll pull off the list as soon as I have this one secured.

I have seen the deals go bad. I don't think this one will. IF it does, I'll just keep waiting or buy a Shelby GT or even a Roush.

Good news. Glad to see some of you guys that have waited so long finally get a place in line. I look forward to pictures when you bring them home.

I'll post pics for sure.

cong on thr gt 500 hopr everything works out. are you doing ss package.

Thanks. AT this point, no plans for SS package. I may leave it mostly stock or simple mods.

Thanks. AT this point, no plans for SS package. I may leave it mostly stock or simple mods.

Be careful of the mod Bug

When it gets on you, it's OK but it will bite, when it bites, look out bank account

Be careful of the mod Bug

When it gets on you, it's OK but it will bite, when it bites, look out bank account

Yeah, I know. Worst part is I have driven modified Cobras before. I drove a 2003 stock and pullied in the same day. It was a world of difference. I drove iceman's (thank you, Chris) when his was stage II Evo. What a rush. I have a feeling that a few months into owning it the stock power/tune will suddenly become "boring" and a CAI/tune will be needed. Next thing you know either I am piecing together a beast or sending it to SAI for SS package. I am just glad I'll be struggling with that decision instead of something like "should I buy the Roush or modify a Mustang GT?"

I am not a big emoticon guy but, since no one else is throwing any bananas at me, I guess I'll throw my own.

:bandance: :banvictory: :happy feet: :elefant: :banana piano: :woohoo:

Yeah, I know. Worst part is I have driven modified Cobras before. I drove a 2003 stock and pullied in the same day. It was a world of difference. I drove iceman's (thank you, Chris) when his was stage II Evo. What a rush. I have a feeling that a few months into owning it the stock power/tune will suddenly become "boring" and a CAI/tune will be needed. Next thing you know either I am piecing together a beast or sending it to SAI for SS package. I am just glad I'll be struggling with that decision instead of something like "should I buy the Roush or modify a Mustang GT?"

I am not a big emoticon guy but, since no one else is throwing any bananas at me, I guess I'll throw my own.

:bandance: :banvictory: :happy feet: :elefant: :banana piano: :woohoo:

Heres a bunch :hysterical2:

:banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory::banvictory:

:banana piano: Congrats Kevin! Hope the "End game" goes smooth for you. You have had a ride!

Ron

Thanks Ron. I have had a ride. It isn't over yet, but, it just got a lot closer.

Kevin

Congrats! Enjoy the first Mod too! Can't wait to see it when you get it home....We'll have to visit the Muncie drag strip then for sure!

I'll prob put them on the first night I have it. We'll have to plan a trip there for sure.

I went and looked at that White vert after I left your house. IT was very sweet. Kinda had me thinking I shoulda gone ragtop. I'm sure that will change when I see a coupe with my name on it.

Thanks again, Chris.

Kevin.

Congrats on your Order!!!! So it was close to your specs? What was different?

Least you can get HID lights on it now :happy feet:

And im guessing it is White / Blue Stripes?

:headspin::headspin:

Just like yours now. Wh/Bl, Prem Trim and HIDs. It originally had Sirius and Ambient Lighting. He submitted the changes and they took them off. If it had come with those 2 options, I would not have cared. Id be happy to get it no matter how it is optioned.

Just like yours now. Wh/Bl, Prem Trim and HIDs. It originally had Sirius and Ambient Lighting. He submitted the changes and they took them off. If it had come with those 2 options, I would not have cared. Id be happy to get it no matter how it is optioned.

I hear ya... sounds GREAT!! I got mine in the order bank a few days after it opened up but was afraid to mention it on the forum.. I didnt want in Jinx myself... have had too many early dissappointments.

Cant Wait to compare Scheduled and Build Dates when that information is finally available to us. Im not in a huge hurry, just means I get to save more for the down payment. :happy feet:

I Keep hearing We Ordered the FASTEST COLOR TOO :shift: :beerchug:

BUT SHHHHHH DONT TELL ANYONE !!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I hear ya... sounds GREAT!! I got mine in the order bank a few days after it opened up but was afraid to mention it on the forum.. I didnt want in Jinx myself... have had too many early dissappointments.

Cant Wait to compare Scheduled and Build Dates when that information is finally available to us. Im not in a huge hurry, just means I get to save more for the down payment. :happy feet:

I Keep hearing We Ordered the FASTEST COLOR TOO :shift: :beerchug:

BUT SHHHHHH DONT TELL ANYONE !!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

My dealer thinks he will have an ETA soon. IIRC, the order updates usually occur on Thursdays. I'll contact him tomorrow to see if he has it yet. With a build week of 7/30, I would think (hope) ETA would be late August/early Sept.

I here white is the fastest.

Archived