TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered A Signature Super Snake

Supposedly my order was the last of 50.

It'll be sterling grey with azure blue stripes with the quarter window blockout panels and side scoops in the trunk. I don't like a lot of add on stuff and it's bad enough the ram air hood is not functional. The car comes with the Weld Venice (million dollar) wheels which I have mixed feelings about and MPSS (which given the recent threads I'm questioning too). 20" rims 305 in the back and 275 in the front.

I'm keeping my steeda LCAs, UCA, relocation brackets, stainless brake and clutch lines, Bob's oil separator on the car. Not sure if people have had much experience with the Shelby oil separator (I know there's a bad hx there). I have a billet Watts link going into the car. Wilwood brakes replace my Brembo brakes. Should I be prepared for a ton of brake squeak?

I stuck with the 3.31 because of the threads I've read regarding traction and everyday driving with the 3.73. I'd appreciate any input here as I'm not sure.

I think the Signature badge is kinda gawdy and I'm not sure about the autopen signature on the dash either but those are required items on this limited run. Limited run and Shelby are sort of funny together as they keep making cobras and churning out super snakes. Sort of like the Franklin Mint.

I'm taking all my takeoff parts. I am willing to sell the whole lot to someone for pretty cheap so you can PM me if you are interested, brakes, wheels, tires, supercharger, etc (<5K miles). I'm going to do my build starting mid year or so.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats OaktownACE!!!! I am surprised they sold out of the SE SS so fast!!! Honestly I thought the build run may fall short of the 50 units. As far as the Shelby Oil Sep, I have one on my other SS and it has worked great!!!

And the MPSS's.....they are great meats, I have 345's on the rear of the Wide Body. I also have Wilwood brakes currently and there is no squeak....you will love the car,

Keep us posted on the build!!!!!!

Oaktown,

Sounds like you have a lot of doubts. Don't! You will be glad you did the conversion.

The Willwoods are great and don't squeak. With the 11" wheels you can mount 335 tires with no mods or wide body.(I stayed with MPSS tires)

Regarding the gears, it depends what you are going to do with it. I suggest staying with the 3.31s for starters as you can always swap them later.

Good luck with your build.

Hawkbarr

Hmmm..... that's news to me.

I just checked with the sales department and there are still slots open for the Signature Edition Super Snake. Order cut off date is January 31st or until 50 deposits are placed.

Steve

Yeah, i was trying to be a bit sarcastic. I was told #33, #44, #45 were the last three left and I got 44. That said I sensed there were some soft orders where deposits haven't been collected. I'd be curious to hear how many are really left.

Oaktown,

Sounds like you have a lot of doubts. Don't! You will be glad you did the conversion.

The Willwoods are great and don't squeak. With the 11" wheels you can mount 335 tires with no mods or wide body.(I stayed with MPSS tires)

Regarding the gears, it depends what you are going to do with it. I suggest staying with the 3.31s for starters as you can always swap them later.

Good luck with your build.

Hawkbarr

I'm not really a drag racer. I like taking some cruises, the occasional stop light to stoplight fun, and driving some canyon roads with a once a year track day.

I'm just not sure which gearing would work best with the bump in hp and my driving.

Hmmm..... that's news to me.

I just checked with the sales department and there are still slots open for the Signature Edition Super Snake. Order cut off date is January 31st or until 50 deposits are placed.

Steve

I was told today that there are two numbers left. 45 and 49. Is this what you are hearing too?

Ok this is straight from the sales department here at Shelby American. As of right now there are only a couple of slots left for the Signature Edition Super Snake and although the deposit cut-off date is the 31st of this month this car will be sold out way before then.

So if you're considering a Signature Edition Super Snake the time to place a deposit is right now before these last few open slots are gone.

Any questions on the Signature Edition Super Snake should be directed to Jeremy, Tim or Frankie at the SAI sales department at 702-942-7325 Any one of these guys can assist you.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Supposedly my order was the last of 50.

It'll be sterling grey with azure blue stripes with the quarter window blockout panels and side scoops in the trunk. I don't like a lot of add on stuff and it's bad enough the ram air hood is not functional. The car comes with the Weld Venice (million dollar) wheels which I have mixed feelings about and MPSS (which given the recent threads I'm questioning too). 20" rims 305 in the back and 275 in the front.

I'm keeping my steeda LCAs, UCA, relocation brackets, stainless brake and clutch lines, Bob's oil separator on the car. Not sure if people have had much experience with the Shelby oil separator (I know there's a bad hx there). I have a billet Watts link going into the car. Wilwood brakes replace my Brembo brakes. Should I be prepared for a ton of brake squeak?

I stuck with the 3.31 because of the threads I've read regarding traction and everyday driving with the 3.73. I'd appreciate any input here as I'm not sure.

I think the Signature badge is kinda gawdy and I'm not sure about the autopen signature on the dash either but those are required items on this limited run. Limited run and Shelby are sort of funny together as they keep making cobras and churning out super snakes. Sort of like the Franklin Mint.

I'm taking all my takeoff parts. I am willing to sell the whole lot to someone for pretty cheap so you can PM me if you are interested, brakes, wheels, tires, supercharger, etc (<5K miles). I'm going to do my build starting mid year or so.

Are you sure you can have your take-off parts ?

I know they started keeping all take-off parts from any conversion to help keep rising costs

under control.

I would get confirmation on this from SAI

• 2 weeks later...

We called and missed out on a slot then 2 days later we called and they had a cancelation!!!! So we quickly paid it!!!!!!! We are stoked! We are sending one of only 13 glass top gray 2014's!!!! So this car may be one of one!!!!

Awesome! Glad you were able to grab one. Mine is also a '14 sterling grey glass top and it's going for the signature edition. According to the production numbers there were 81 glass top '14s (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1037423-2014-Final-Production-Numbers-arrived-in-the-mail-today&highlight=2014+final+production+numbers). Still pretty rare combo. What stripe did you choose?

You'll have to keep us updated on the progress. The more pictures the better!

Were there 81 gray ones? Or just total?

There is a PDF if you scroll down the thread on that link that you can print out and highlight the grey cars. The PDF is the Ford build sheet.

Something like ~690 grey, 81 with the glass roof. It breaks it down and gives you how many had what stripe color, how many had Recaros, track pack, electronics etc. it won't tell you how many had a certain combo of options but just how many had a particular option.

I think they built a little over 5000 in 2014 and a little less than that for 2013. Funny fact, not a single 2014 was built in 2014.

Oh very cool!!! I think we are going we with flat black stripes!!! I hope our salesmen emails us pictures during the process.is yours there yet?

No not yet. I'm very indecisive on a couple options so I've got to make a few choices.

I really like the look of that black stripe on the sterling grey. It looks like a modern classic that way.

When did you first call and they told you they were sold out? What prompted you to call back? I bet you're glad you made that call!

Hey devincobra, I just wanted to point out your car is still likely to be 1 of 1 given your stock options and then the SS options. While the glass roof does not make it ultra rare, it does make it less common and then you other options make the whole package ultra rare.

We called around Jan 30th first. They said sold. Then we called back on Feb 2nd to ask about the Super Snake package and that's when they said someone backed out!!! We called today and we are also adding an extra package to drive it to around 950 HP. Hope I can keep it on the road lol!!!! I will look up the PDF and see what numbers there are on the one we have!

We called around Jan 30th first. They said sold. Then we called back on Feb 2nd to ask about the Super Snake package and that's when they said someone backed out!!! We called today and we are also adding an extra package to drive it to around 950 HP. Hope I can keep it on the road lol!!!! I will look up the PDF and see what numbers there are on the one we have!

Why not hit 1000 HP? They won't let you do the sig ed then?

Edit: I believe that is the Shelby 1000. Are you still staying with the signature package or are you going for the gusto with a Shelby 1000. Crazy power!

Its still the signature pack. But the are doing a lot more to the car. Its an extra package around 22k dollars so still not as expensive as the 1000 package, although now we have to go even more broke lol! But this car is a once in a lifetime opportunity so were gonna have fun with it anyway!!!!

Its still the signature pack. But the are doing a lot more to the car. Its an extra package around 22k dollars so still not as expensive as the 1000 package, although now we have to go even more broke lol! But this car is a once in a lifetime opportunity so were gonna have fun with it anyway!!!!

Good for you. Are you going widebody with all that power?

Why not hit 1000 HP? They won't let you do the sig ed then?

Edit: I believe that is the Shelby 1000. Are you still staying with the signature package or are you going for the gusto with a Shelby 1000. Crazy power!

Yes owners can go with up to a 1,000hp level option on their Signature Edition Super Snake, walked by one yesterday that is waiting for an open lift in the production area.

Do not confuse the 1,000 hp level option with the "Shelby 1000" car as they are not the same.

The SAI sales team will be glad to answer any questions for you. You may reach the sales department toll free at (844) 9-SHELBY

Steve

Yes owners can go with up to a 1,000hp level option on their Signature Edition Super Snake, walked by one yesterday that is waiting for an open lift in the production area.

Do not confuse the 1,000 hp level option with the "Shelby 1000" car as they are not the same.

The SAI sales team will be glad to answer any questions for you. You may reach the sales department toll free at (844) 9-SHELBY

Steve

I didn't understand there was a difference. I had read the Shelby 1000 wasn't street legal in all states but if the 950 or 1000 hp option for a SS is, then that's awesome. Too much power for me in this chassis but I'd love to see one in person!

I didn't understand there was a difference. I had read the Shelby 1000 wasn't street legal in all states but if the 950 or 1000 hp option for a SS is, then that's awesome. Too much power for me in this chassis but I'd love to see one in person!

I believe the 1,000 hp option is not emission legal. The 850hp level is emission legal. Anything in between 850hp-1,000hp would need verification thru our sales department on whether it is emission compliant.

Steve

Steve

To clarify, (Steve correct me if I'm wrong), the 1000hp option on a SS package is $55K extra, while the straight Shelby 1000 build costs $150K. So the 1000hp package on a SS package is 50K less expensive after you add the $44K SS build AND the $55K 1000 hp package together (on top of the base GT500 cost). It's not a Shelby 1000, but you get 1000 hp with a SS!! Again, I could be wrong....

Archived