TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gth 001 Sold On Bj For $181.5K

GTH452

Wow I was surprised how much this car commanded. (But then again the movie version of the Beverly Hillbilles pickup truck went for $250K. Who remembered there even was a movie about the Beverly Hillbilles?)

It has a great story and provenance but still was surprised. I also noted the dash facia (pic attached) is not the same as the ribbed aluminum of mine (07H253)? Was this car ordered as a California Special vs. the GT?

Can't wait to see what the 001 coupe will go for....

post-42575-0-29333100-1421253800_thumb.jpg

Wow I was surprised how much this car commanded. (But then again the movie version of the Beverly Hillbilles pickup truck went for $250K. Who remembered there even was a movie about the Beverly Hillbilles?)

It has a great story and provenance but still was surprised. I also noted the dash facia (pic attached) is not the same as the ribbed aluminum of mine (07H253)? Was this car ordered as a California Special vs. the GT?

Can't wait to see what the 001 coupe will go for....

Nope not a California Special car. Came from Ford with the charcoal dash, not sure if that was an ordering mistake or something that was considered but not gone with on the rest of the cars.

Steve

Nope not a California Special car. Came from Ford with the charcoal dash, not sure if that was an ordering mistake or something that was considered but not gone with on the rest of the cars.

Steve

maybe it was done to make sure the car was special since it was 001 :shrug:

I noticed it was not a manual, which seemed strange. You'd have thought the first would be one of the rare manuals.

I know there's at least one out there, as it was next to my SGT at the Shelby show at the Santa Monica Pier a few years back.

I noticed it was not a manual, which seemed strange. You'd have thought the first would be one of the rare manuals.

I know there's at least one out there, as it was next to my SGT at the Shelby show at the Santa Monica Pier a few years back.

17 manual 07's to be exact. 4 2006 cars, we all know where one is :)

It's interesting looking at the window stickers for the 07GTH cars to see that they have the Upfitters package listed which included "Rear Spoiler Delete"

Also interesting to see that 07H001 last digits of vin are 8460 and 08SGT0001P is 8461, both configured nearly identical with the exception of 08SGT0001P having Manual and Shaker 1000.

I'm wondering if 07H001 was the prototype/concept where-as it was decided to make the noted changes to the remaining production units?

Did the cars come from Ford with the spoilers added even though the window stickers state "Spoiler Delete" or did Shelby add them?

It's interesting looking at the window stickers for the 07GTH cars to see that they have the Upfitters package listed which included "Rear Spoiler Delete"

Also interesting to see that 07H001 last digits of vin are 8460 and 08SGT0001P is 8461, both configured nearly identical with the exception of 08SGT0001P having Manual and Shaker 1000.

I'm wondering if 07H001 was the prototype/concept where-as it was decided to make the noted changes to the remaining production units?

Did the cars come from Ford with the spoilers added even though the window stickers state "Spoiler Delete" or did Shelby add them?

Actually the GTH convertible prototype was based on a 2006 model year car. I believe AmyB sold that car in 2010. What Ron Pratte bid on back in 2007 was the right to purchase the first 2007 GTH, he did not get the convertible that was unveiled that year in Florida.

The question that needs to be researched is did Ron Pratte request 07H0001 to be built this way, spoiler delete, charcoal dash, GT faux gas cap, etc. My thoughts right now is no because if he had a choice as how the car was equipped why not go with a m/trans?

Steve

Actually the GTH convertible prototype was based on a 2006 model year car. I believe AmyB sold that car in 2010. What Ron Pratte bid on back in 2007 was the right to purchase the first 2007 GTH, he did not get the convertible that was unveiled that year in Florida.

The question that needs to be researched is did Ron Pratte request 07H0001 to be built this way, spoiler delete, charcoal dash, GT faux gas cap, etc. My thoughts right now is no because if he had a choice as how the car was equipped why not go with a m/trans?

Steve

That would also explain the pics of the unveiled car having the satin silver dash specifics, and spoiler, etc...

Since 08SGT0001P and 07H001 are so similar in configs and having sequential VIN's poses some questions as to the original intent for these 2 cars? i.e. was 07H001 originally destined as a Prototype/Concept car or destined to be a one of one 07H for Ron Pratte?

What about the spoiler(s), we're these installed at Shelby or shipped from Ford with spoiler even though window sticker states spoiler delete?

Archived