TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby G T (Not The G T 350)

David Hawkins

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow 75k for a Shelby GT?...here in Canada that would be more in the 80K+ area!!...no way!!!!! I don't care what name is on the car that's just crazy.

The rich do care. Compared to the GT500 selling for $50K+ back in 07, it's not that far off.

GM could not sell the 14 Z/28 for $75k . They discounted it $15k still don't know if that worked.

$53K for a base GT 350 sounds good to me. I'll get me one in two years.

The Z28 wasn't worth that kind of money as well and that's why it had to be discounted...nor was the ZR1 when it came out as was the price of the Gen V Viper that's why you can get one now

for 20k plus discounts because they were not selling the same thing will happen to this Shelby GT IMO.

The rich do care. Compared to the GT500 selling for $50K+ back in 07, it's not that far off.

Really??...almost double the price it's way off heck you could buy the 14 GT500 for 64k here in Canada and there's no way this ShelbyGT is worth 15k more with less power.

Really??...almost double the price it's way off heck you could buy the 14 GT500 for 64k here in Canada and there's no way this ShelbyGT is worth 15k more with less power.

More power with how much more weight? I would take this car all day long over the 14 GT-500, to me it is not even close. I think the better comparison is the SAI GT-350 which costs just as much or more.

More power with how much more weight? I would take this car all day long over the 14 GT-500, to me it is not even close. I think the better comparison is the SAI GT-350 which costs just as much or more.

Well like I always say to each their own when it comes to what car you think is worth the coin you pay but IMO 80k plus for a Shelby GT...NO WAY!!!!....I personally think

at that price you'll see them sitting on the lots...was the weight of this car released yet and would it be that much lighter than a 14 GT500?

Well like I always say to each their own when it comes to what car you think is worth the coin you pay but IMO 80k plus for a Shelby GT...NO WAY!!!!....I personally think

at that price you'll see them sitting on the lots...was the weight of this car released yet and would it be that much lighter than a 14 GT500?

I hear you, I think $80K is steep, but comparing it to an assembly line car is not a fair comparison regardless of the weight.

They won't be sitting on lots because they are built to order.

The real comparison is against the SAI GT-350 IMO

You see them on the Lots unless the Dealer sends one of their Cars to SAI.

I hear you, I think $80K is steep, but comparing it to an assembly line car is not a fair comparison regardless of the weight.

They won't be sitting on lots because they are built to order.

The real comparison is against the SAI GT-350 IMO

Gotcha didn't know they were a built to order car well they'll sell as long as people are ordering I guess.

You see them on the Lots unless the Dealer sends one of their Cars to SAI.

Yeah Cnut explained that in his post I wasn't aware it was an order built car..like I said they'll sell as long as people are ordering it's that simple.

Yeah, Im not sure the pricepoint will appeal to a large audience, but as we all know, SA has never worried about mass obtain ability. Many of the most desired builds now were builds that didnt break a total of 50 over the entire term. Terlingua comes to mind.

Me personally? Ive never been an SGT guy myself, BUT, its by far their most efforted build. No one can say this was a stickers and badges upgrade for damn sure. That was the complaint leading up to the reveal, and when SA announces what is in all respects a 5.0 that performs better than a supersnake build for 10-25k less all said and done, its hard for me to see the criticisms as justified. this package beats all the others and is better priced apples to apples.

My plan will be dependant on where the Ford GT is priced at.

If its 150k like WSj reported? Its on like donkey kong.

If its around 250-300k like my gut tells me, I'll liquidate everything I have to in oreder to get it, with Terlingua selling as my last object. If its over that, I cant afford it and will just add a GT350R to the stable. I just bought a wimbeldon white auto 15 and love it. I also called so many dealers to get it, I know right where to go to get the FGT or the R.

This build has serious wings. Great job SA!

Yeah, Im not sure the pricepoint will appeal to a large audience, but as we all know, SA has never worried about mass obtain ability. Many of the most desired builds now were builds that didnt break a total of 50 over the entire term. Terlingua comes to mind.

Me personally? Ive never been an SGT guy myself, BUT, its by far their most efforted build. No one can say this was a stickers and badges upgrade for damn sure. That was the complaint leading up to the reveal, and when SA announces what is in all respects a 5.0 that performs better than a supersnake build for 10-25k less all said and done, its hard for me to see the criticisms as justified. this package beats all the others and is better priced apples to apples.

If its around 250-300k like my gut tells me, I'll liquidate everything I have to in oreder to get it, with Terlingua selling as my last object. If its over that, I cant afford it and will just add a GT350R to the stable. I just bought a wimbeldon white auto 15 and love it. I also called so many dealers to get it, I know right where to go to get the FGT or the R.

Heard thru the grapevine..

FGT - $350 - 400K(or up). Homologation effort for FIA WSC racing. Car construction not really practical for volume production like previous FGT.

GT350R - Boss Laguna Seca type production numbers - possibly already sold out

GT350 - GT500 like production numbers

FGT - $350 - 400K(or up). Homologation effort for FIA WSC racing. Car construction not really practical for volume production like previous FGT.

Hmmmmmm. If the GT350R is just about sold out, the door is left wide open for an SAI modified GT350 "Cobra".

Talking to the same grapevine, I can say that I've heard the same as Mike did:

FGT will be very limited production.

GT350R - if you didn't put a deposit down at least a couple of months ago, you won't get one and you can expect a hefty dealer markup.

GT350 - dealer markup applies, with less than 5000 built per year it will be well into the $70K+ region by the time you leave the dealership in one.

AJ

Hmmmmmm. If the GT350R is just about sold out, the door is left wide open for an SAI modified GT350 "Cobra".

Since we have worked very closely with Ford Racing on the '15 SGT, you can expect us putting our hands on the GT350, but it will take some time. We have focused all our efforts to get the SGT right.

AJ

I'd like to see a 2015 SGT normally aspirated with a painted Tiger Racing carbon fiber hood for a reasonable price. Quad tip exhaust would look nice also. JM.02c

You will be able to buy most of the parts through SPP, including different options for the exhaust tips. Please stay tuned for details...

Thanks Warren! We had Roush next to us at Barrett Jackson, and I had the chance to check out their cars. They have some nice mods, but they still insist on the fake plastic hood scoop, fake plastic side scoops (2 of them actually, one behind the doors and one glued on the quarter windows), plastic grille and plastic splitters. Their front fascia is nice though.

We have gone away from the Made in China pieces on purpose: some people will like it, some won't, but that's perfectly OK. The ones that will like what we have done, will actually love it and be happy with owning one of our cars. The others can go and buy their special Mustang from Roush, Saleen or Steeda if they prefer those designs better... As a consumer, I'm very happy to have choices...

AJ

Wow 75k for a Shelby GT?...here in Canada that would be more in the 80K+ area!!...no way!!!!! I don't care what name is on the car that's just crazy.

I was driving a stock '13 GT500 over the weekend. That car was $74K new. Between '07 and '14 Ford has sold 48,000 or so GT500s. So, the notion of a 600+HP Mustang in the $70K+ range is not really that crazy... We wanted (and I think succeeded) in building a much better $75K car than the outgoing GT500. I will chose our new SGT over the above mentioned '13 GT500 all day long...

AJ

My 2 cents:

Car looks awesome

It, like my 2012 GT350, can be customized any way the owner likes - only limitation is the size of your wallet and your imagination

And . . . the SGT can be had in an automatic (paddle shifters) if you desire

While I wouldn't trade my GT350 for it, i certainly would consider (and am considering) adding the new SGT to the stable

I think SA did a great job with this car

BTW - Warren, the yellow SGT would look awesome with some new TRT decals, don't you think??

;) ;)

I dont doubt the FGT pricing. Im hoping it comes out to be less though. If they were only to build the number required to qualify then that would probably be dead on. I have ties with a supplier though and the contract is for similar numbers to the 05-06. If thats the case, then it will have to be less than 300k, because there will still be many who will go for a European supercar at equal pricing or less. Im not saying you arent right, Im just hoping you arent. LOL

As for them selling out of the R already- That would be a dismal fail for equal opportunity for a Ford enthusiast to buy a car they have money to buy. I have seen Ford not come out and say, but get ideas out in the market that there will be very few of this model, and turn around and build just as many as the market will support, so Im skeptical this time around.

Then there is the elephant in the room I'll just address now. I live in the heart of Oil and Gas- today alone there are 90 THOUSAND people looking for jobs that werent on Friday. We have had over a dozen calls this morning, and we couldnt find an unqualified person over the last 2 years for positions. If Junk bonds go to pot in the next 6 months, cheap gas is gonna be about all we have to be thankful for. I had a chance in 2009 to buy a Ford GT for 90k because of the economy. I may get that chance again.

You will be able to buy most of the parts through SPP, including different options for the exhaust tips. Please stay tuned for details...

AJ, I know there are business reasons for making certain decisions. I would like to see additional wheel/hood options down the road. As a KR owner, I really am not looking for another coupe. The convertible garners my interest the most and is something my wife has interest in. The hang-up 627hp in a rag top. Not going to happen. Will the SGT ever be considered for the EB6 with an A/T option? By the way, the effort SA made really shows. The more I look at the car, the more I like it. Congrats!

I dont doubt the FGT pricing. Im hoping it comes out to be less though. If they were only to build the number required to qualify then that would probably be dead on. I have ties with a supplier though and the contract is for similar numbers to the 05-06. If thats the case, then it will have to be less than 300k, because there will still be many who will go for a European supercar at equal pricing or less. Im not saying you arent right, Im just hoping you arent. LOL

As for them selling out of the R already- That would be a dismal fail for equal opportunity for a Ford enthusiast to buy a car they have money to buy. I have seen Ford not come out and say, but get ideas out in the market that there will be very few of this model, and turn around and build just as many as the market will support, so Im skeptical this time around.

Then there is the elephant in the room I'll just address now. I live in the heart of Oil and Gas- today alone there are 90 THOUSAND people looking for jobs that werent on Friday. We have had over a dozen calls this morning, and we couldnt find an unqualified person over the last 2 years for positions. If Junk bonds go to pot in the next 6 months, cheap gas is gonna be about all we have to be thankful for. I had a chance in 2009 to buy a Ford GT for 90k because of the economy. I may get that chance again.

Amen brother! Everyone is loving the low gas prices, but I don't think they have a clue of what this will do to our economy very soon. We're about to find out over the next couple of months without a change. I think the price will come around in the next year and 1/2, but we have to weather through this storm for at least the next six months. And yes, this will impact Shelby directly. Heck, I'm one of those. If prices do not come around, I will not be buying a Shelby product for who knows how long. If the price comes back around to the $80 range (which I'm pretty confident it will by year end), I will probably be a buyer in 2016.

Amen brother! Everyone is loving the low gas prices, but I don't think they have a clue of what this will do to our economy very soon. We're about to find out over the next couple of months without a change. I think the price will come around in the next year and 1/2, but we have to weather through this storm for at least the next six months. And yes, this will impact Shelby directly. Heck, I'm one of those. If prices do not come around, I will not be buying a Shelby product for who knows how long. If the price comes back around to the $80 range (which I'm pretty confident it will by year end), I will probably be a buyer in 2016.

You boys remember the last time oil was this low, 6 months before Terlingua in 2008......I was sitting in motel room in Van Horn Texas having a beer with some of our mutual friends the night before the event and George Bush addressed the nation. WE all no what happened after that. I am praying history does not repeat.

I will probably buy a 2015 Shelby GT mainly because FORD is not my friend.. huh? Once again FORD is not in the real world and is only offering the GT350 with a Manual transmission and I cannot drive one due to an injury a long time ago. I am sure I am not the only one who would buy a GT350 if offered with an Automatic same goes for the past 6-7 years of the GT500 so if I want something other than a regular Mustang I have to over pay for it. I like the new Shelby GT but its priced extremely high so my options are very limited

Archived