TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner From Oklahoma City

kpl88

Hey everyone! Picked up a 2013. I've endured through 8 straight years of school for the perfect car, and I couldn't be more excited about it after doing a vast amount of research on what I wanted. All the all nighter's were worth it lol. Haven't driven a manual in awhile so I'm trying to get used to the clutch still. Does removing the clutch spring really make that big of a difference?

Also, I've been looking for all season tires; mainly Continental DWS and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3. Can anyone recommend me the sizes for each? I won't be tracking this beast until I know I can handle it

Oklahoma has wacky cold winters and extremely hot summers..

post-44425-0-24181000-1421109538_thumb.jpg

What's up buddy !! And welcome. I'm in okc also. In fact I thought it was going to be low 40s to day so I drove the car. Then about 8 am all the water started turning to ice. Lol. Oh well.

Welcome to TS. Welcome to the shelby world. Welcome to your new addiction. There isn't a lot going on this time of year, cat wise, but when it gets nicer there is a lot. There is a great group of mainly shelby guys up in Tulsa that love to drive

Oh and I rum nitto 555s. I don't drive her as much as I use to but when I do, it can be in warm, cold, wet or dry conditions. I've run these on several mustangs and really have no complaints. If she where a summer dry car I'd probably go with toyo 888s

Welcome to TS, good luck with the new ride.

Removing the clutch assist spring will give the pedal a more linear feel, but it will still grab high, all the 13/14's do.

The 2 tires you mention seem to be the choice of those who go all-season.

Size choice is the largest you can get on whatever wheel you're using. 295/35-20 gets mentioned a lot for the rear.

Appreciate the welcomes! I just called Discount Tire and had them order michelin pilot sport a/s 3's. fronts 265/40/19 and rear 275/35/20. Apparently 285 and 295 are on backorder. That should be good for now until i get some MPSS later on for the summer

Congratulations on the great new Shelby, enjoy.

Welcome to TS as has been said a great group of folks here!

If you have not already, please consider registering with Shelby Registry as the owner of your new car. The link can be found below.

Best,

David

Archived