TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$85K (Sold) 2008 Super Snake Convert. - <<Meaning 605 Horse........

good price ...In sept 07 when I bought my 08 I paid $65k...SS cost to me was another 40k included shipping back and forth.....So apprx 101k in 08.... This one very fair price.. So ...15k lower 8yrs later..... Now change US$ to Can$ and WOW

good price ...In sept 07 when I bought my 08 I paid $65k...SS cost to me was another 40k included shipping back and forth.....So apprx 101k in 08.... This one very fair price.. So ...15k lower 8yrs later..... Now change US$ to Can$ and WOW

The largest factor is that Shelby still makes them and the base GT500 is still depreciating. As long as someone can buy a used GT500 of any year (at the current value) and send it out to Shelby to have it Super Snaked, the prices will continue to drop with the current price of the base GT500. The fact that someone could have bought a 3K original mile 2008 GT500 convert. (very high end $35K?) right now and send it out to SA for a 6xx upgrade for what $35K or so? and this car sold for $85K?..............Well Sold.......

As for the auction above, yes, $85K was a great selling price, one factor that this car does have (for the person who desires it) is the NASCAR 427 package, that is not offered anymore.

Once Shelby discontinues production of the Super Snake (when production numbers are met), it will change.

R

Very good point for buying a used GT500 and getting it SS.....Robert do you know the current price for 625hp SS package and the wide body kit together???? Does Shelby offer a savings if both packages bought at same time???? Is $35k still the price for SS 625hp package?

Very good point for buying a used GT500 and getting it SS.....Robert do you know the current price for 625hp SS package and the wide body kit together???? Does Shelby offer a savings if both packages bought at same time???? Is $35k still the price for SS 625hp package?

I was told that the wide body is $25k but if you do it at the same time as an SS, you get a $5k discount for rear wheels/tires as you get new ones with each of the two packages. Not sure on the 625hp SS package overall cost.

Last I knew, I think the original 2007-2009 605 horse and 2010 630 horse may have moved up to 660hp for the convert.? <<And that was the cap hp for the 2007-2010 converts. I believe the entry level Super Snake package is $35K now, maybe even $36K. The 800 horse option goes over $40K.

^^^^The 725hp level from these earlier years has now moved to 750, but that is still coupe only, I assume.

R

Hmmm, I've been thinking of selling my SS. Do it now or wait a year or so.......what to do.

It is a toss up on that, it will depend upon the buyer, but for sure next year the base GT500 that the Super Snake was built on, will depreciate a little more.

If the Super Snake production had completed and these cars were not at least showing some signs of leveling off, I would be concerned, but since they (SA) still offer the upgrade, and the base GT500's are still depreciating, I would expect the price to continue to fall. <<<But this being said................if you take a "sold" Super Snake of any year and miles and compare it's sold price while also subtracting what a same year GT500 with similar miles would sell for without the Super Snake upgrade, you will find that most, if not all of the post title Super Snake upgrade has retained it's original new cost and has suffered very little $$$ loss. <<This is a plus for sure.

R

Prices are on Shelby Americans website, see link below. You'll have to call the sales department for wide body pricing as the WB option is just now becoming available again.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2007-9SS-Exterior.asp

Steve

Archived