TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Squeaking noise in reverse?

Hopped in the Shelby to take a quick trip to the store yesterday, and when backing up out of the garage I heard a squeak squeak squeak squeak until I stopped and took off in first, even when rolling backwards in neutral.

Leaving the store, it did it a little bit, but not as noticeable.

Any ideas what it could be? :waiting:

thanks guys

Hopped in the Shelby to take a quick trip to the store yesterday, and when backing up out of the garage I heard a squeak squeak squeak squeak until I stopped and took off in first, even when rolling backwards in neutral.

Leaving the store, it did it a little bit, but not as noticeable.

Any ideas what it could be? :waiting:

thanks guys

The brakes more than likely.

Why would it only make the noise in reverse if the e-brake was out of whack?

Because the pads are "canted" slightly...meaning the rotor approaches them from a different angle in reverse...which sets up a different noise. I'm not saying it IS the Ebrake...but it could be. Another clue would be to try this....if you get the brakes warmed up, then go in reverse...does it still make the noise? If not, then it surely is the brakes...as they tend to squeal when cold. (Oh man, someone could take that last sentence fragment out of context :hysterical: ).

Dave

...as they tend to squeal when cold. (Oh man, someone could take that last sentence fragment out of context :hysterical: ).

Dave

I squeal all the time, especially when cold!

...couldn't resist

Archived