TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford Gt

Torched10

How many will they build & what will they cost ???

Far less than the 05-06 Ford GT. Reportedly 1200 total over 3 to 4 years, so somewhere around 250-300 per year.

Cost is anyone's guess but given the technology, expect 400K+. I've been told by the dealer that has me on his list that it could be closer to $1M than 400K. The cost of the carbon fiber tub is thought to be in excess of 150K alone. Low volumes will force the higher price. Ford won't sell these for a loss.

Far less than the 05-06 Ford GT. Reportedly 1200 total over 3 to 4 years, so somewhere around 250-300 per year.

Cost is anyone's guess but given the technology, expect 400K+. I've been told by the dealer that has me on his list that it could be closer to $1M than 400K. The cost of the carbon fiber tub is thought to be in excess of 150K alone. Low volumes will force the higher price. Ford won't sell these for a loss.

$400 K :drop: I suspect they won`t need to make many at that price.

Based purely on inflation the present cost of a 2005 Ford GT would be somewhere around 220-250K. The carbon fiber tub alone on this car is in excess of 150K. The dealer package says that the benchmark is the Ferrari 458 and Mclaren 650S. If so that means that 350-400K would be in the hunt. We'll see. I'll be ecstatic at anything under 500K.

Sideoiler,

I guess we'll see. But based on the parts list, I can pretty much guarantee you that the cost to build this car is north of $250K. Sales will not be a problem for this car. It will be no where near the price of the last GT.

Edited by JeffJ

............................................................I borrowed this from the SAAC forum site.

" Here is a price prediction:

"New $390,000 Ford GT supercar with 600 horsepower wows Detroit Motor Show
Spokesman said price is likely to be comparable with Lamborghini Aventador"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2906920/Delicious-Ford-supercar-wows-Detroit.html

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

Personally, I think the new GT looks amazing and hope it performs as well as it looks at LeMans. On a similar thread the other day I estimated the sticker price to be $225,000. I guess we'll see what happens!

I am with you. Sounds like a very realistic prediction. Beware of those who claim to be "in the know", the guys who said the Ford GT was dead according to their sources. Same sources now tell them it will cost half a million bucks. What a joke. Cheap entertainment.

Where are you pointing that? I'm pretty confident that I never said anything about no GT.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think the new GT looks amazing and hope it performs as well as it looks at LeMans. On a similar thread the other day I estimated the sticker price to be $225,000. I guess we'll see what happens!

Lord I hope you're correct. If so.....and the ADM's go away after the first few years......I may be able to get one.

A 300 per year max and 1200 total and the target price closer to 400k than 250k most of the first cars will remain in the private collections of dealer owners for the first two years. People like jay Leno will get a portion. Europe and Asia will get 50 to 100. Don't expect adms to go away. Unless Ford does something to prevent them and I don't expect they will

That would be a totally different scenario from the previous Ford GT which fell out of bed to the point that Ford actually abbreviated their production due to soft sales and that was with a 150K price tag. They really will not need to build many of these cars with a 400K sticker.

Ford DID NOT STOP SELLING DUE TO LACK OF MARKET. The production was limited to two years because Ford knew that the design that resembled the original would not meet safety standards beginning with 2007 model year.

Ford DID NOT STOP SELLING DUE TO LACK OF MARKET. The production was limited to two years because Ford knew that the design that resembled the original would not meet safety standards beginning with 2007 model year.

Yup..... that is how it went down. The 2005 - 2006 Ford GT was never going to be more than a 2 year run. Current values for these cars are a clear indicator of the original exclusivity. Personally, I'd love to own a car that has doubled in value in 10 years.

Yes they did and there is no secret about that fact. We know about the 2 model year build cycle. There were to be 4500 produced between the 2 years. Production of these cars was in fact cut short and ended with 4038 being produced. Read the last paragraph of this article: http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1049652

Ha, they just print what they are given.

Read "Ford GT 2005-2006: The Complete Owners Experience" (Limongelli/Cipriani) or better yet buy one and attend a Rally and actually talk to the people who did it. The original 4500 goal was cut short by Ford's economic woes causing shuffling things around to the point where the original manufacturing team was moved out and people who had no prior training being brought on and throughput going to the pits.

Ha, they just print what they are given.

Read "Ford GT 2005-2006: The Complete Owners Experience" (Limongelli/Cipriani) or better yet buy one and attend a Rally and actually talk to the people who did it. The original 4500 goal was cut short by Ford's economic woes causing shuffling things around to the point where the original manufacturing team was moved out and people who had no prior training being brought on and throughput going to the pits.

And I took advantage of Ford's economic situation in 12/2008 when I bought my GT500 for less than sticker! :yahoo: