TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Would Have Been 92 Today, Happy B-Day Shel

shelbymotorsports

Steve,

I changed my avatar a few days ago to "Long Live Carroll Shelby" in memory of his coming B-day. I am going to leave it there for good.

I always thought (and hoped) he'd make it to 100. He lived a long time with donor organs, especially for an elderly gentleman.

As long as I live, I will always be greatful for his contribution to my favorite hobby. And moreover, to my favorite car brand.

Agree with all stated. Do not forget the Foundation. This was one of Carroll's most treasured accomplishments which he mentioned in public more than once. Aside from owning, driving the cars, do not forget the Carroll Shelby Foundation. God Speed!

I totally respect his legacy and the man himself. I never had a chance to meet him, but will gladly talk to both friends and strangers alike about the man and what he has done! Put it this way, I own a tribute, I am a TS member and have supported the Children foundations, yet have support the Shelby Legacy of a man I personally have never met. If he was able to influence me, believe me his legacy will be honored and will carry on by me and future admirers'. So to you Mr. Shelby, Happy Birthday and hope your spirit is doing well up stairs, because here on earth, your presence is very well alive and kicking! I do promise, that if I ever become wealthy, I will be buying a Shelby! Screw all the other exotics and automakers. I want to buy the best name that has graced the special cars for many years!

This is the closest I would have ever personally come to Carroll. I sent SA my window sticker in September 2010 for the man to sign for the foundation....

They were nice enuf to snap a couple shots of him signing it with a throw away camera I tossed in the package! I will forever cherish this!! :worship:

5370216818_7e13275925_z.jpg
Carroll Signing My wdo stckr...sept. 14, 2010 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

5369609707_23078bfcb4_z.jpg
Signed Window Sticker Sept. 14, 2010 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

5369609577_90bb748258_z.jpg
Autographed Wndo Stckr. 9/14/2010 & Authenticity Cert. by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

This is the closest I would have ever personally come to Carroll. I sent SA my window sticker in September 2010 for the man to sign for the foundation....

They were nice enuf to snap a couple shots of him signing it with a throw away camera I tossed in the package! I will forever cherish this!! :worship:

5370216818_7e13275925_z.jpg

Carroll Signing My wdo stckr...sept. 14, 2010 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

5369609707_23078bfcb4_z.jpg

Signed Window Sticker Sept. 14, 2010 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

5369609577_90bb748258_z.jpg

Autographed Wndo Stckr. 9/14/2010 & Authenticity Cert. by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Very nice!

Archived