TEAM SHELBY FORUM

69 Gt500

Torched10

For me, this is that dream car that I love more than any classic. Some people criticized the hood for too many vents and criticized the weight of the car compared to previous years (according to my Mustang history book). Unfortunately, this dream classic car will remain just that: A dream. What a car though!

The 69's are one of my favorites too. I'll be in Kissimmee end of the month looking and watching what goes across the blocks. Even if you don't bid it's like a giant car show and a lot of fun. The high value cars do go for big bucks but there are deals to be had if you're patient and look around. Shelby's always go for a higher prices but plenty of Mustangs and others to be had for good deals.

Here are some of the photo's I took of Shelby's two years ago there:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4274372983783.2145882.1419944110&type=1&l=c1066a0205

And here's some of the Mustangs. The Boss 429's were the highest sellers:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4277409819702.2145902.1419944110&type=1&l=a796847b6f

The 69's are one of my favorites too. I'll be in Kissimmee end of the month looking and watching what goes across the blocks. Even if you don't bid it's like a giant car show and a lot of fun. The high value cars do go for big bucks but there are deals to be had if you're patient and look around. Shelby's always go for a higher prices but plenty of Mustangs and others to be had for good deals.

Here are some of the photo's I took of Shelby's two years ago there:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4274372983783.2145882.1419944110&type=1&l=c1066a0205

And here's some of the Mustangs. The Boss 429's were the highest sellers:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4277409819702.2145902.1419944110&type=1&l=a796847b6f

Nice photos Bill Thanks for sharing them.

The 1969 is one of my favorites also, here is a pic of one of the cars I restored. The previous owner had painted it white but I went back with the original special order competition red (as it was indicated on the build sheet and doc I got on the car).

7bdf9bd6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Old junk. Slow, horrible road manners, rust prone, Probably stinks inside, and a general PIA to own. Trust me I've done the old car thing. Forget about this crap and get a late model. Much rather have a 2015 GT which would destroy this old jack ass cart in every conceivable category!

That may all be true and it is still a nice car but without that piece of Shelby history the current versions may never have seen the light of day ... so for that it gets my respect.

Sideoiler, On the possibility that somebody out there in cyberland is actually believing your drabble about the old cars let me put forth the proposition that it depends on the car. If your experience is with some mouse infested, rusted out basket case thats been sitting in a fence row for 40 years I can see why you might say those things, however, not all old cars fit in that category.

I personally like the old BOSS 302's, having bought my first in 1971. My car doesn't stink, in fact it has a unique aroma about it that is well known and coveted by those in the old car hobby that knows what I am talking about. It may not be as fast as my 14 GT500 but I really don't care how fast it is. It gives me a vib that the 500 doesn't and likely never will. I rarely drive the BOSS but just walking around it everyday looking at it is worth the price of admission. It sat for 6 years recently but it started right up a couple years ago after it's long nap, runs fine and boy does it sound good too.

I honestly don't understand what your agenda is in even coming to this website. It seems as though you don't like the old ones or the new ones and your sole purpose is to criticize those of us who do and try to stir something up. Why don't you go ask your mom if she has any chores you could do. Maybe you could run the sweeper or something and she would flip you a couple of extra bucks for the arcade, thereby leaving us delusional men alone to enjoy our cars and discuss them without having to put up with your nonsense.

scjbossshelby016_zps7830ce09.jpg

Old junk. Slow, horrible road manners, rust prone, Probably stinks inside, and a general PIA to own. Trust me I've done the old car thing. Forget about this crap and get a late model. Much rather have a 2015 GT which would destroy this old jack ass cart in every conceivable category!

Just one man's opinion. I appreciate the old ones and the new ones as do many people. Yes, the new ones are better cars, that is not really the point of appreciating the older versions and their history.

There are those of us in the enthusiast community who have opinions and perspectives that differ from yours. Thoughts and insights that may differ from yours are not necessarily wrong. Most rational adults comprehend this simple concept. You may find life on the internet more palatable by embracing this idea.

The "aroma" that almost invariably accompanies old cars is much more of a stench than an "aroma" and is caused by various molds and fungi that accumulate amongst the interior fibers of aging vehicles over decades.

The fact that most owners of these 60s era muscle cars rarely drive them is testimonial to their miserable road manners. The memories of these cars is wildly better than reality.

Hmmm Never really looked at it that way .

There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions on something, but I question the motive behind someone who wants to find a forum of a car they don't like just so they can rattle the cages of those who do...Don't you have something better to do? It seems as though all your posts are about how junky old cars are and how KR's are overpriced.

There used to be a guy on the BOSS 429 forum that went by "shining monkey". All the guy wanted to do was aggravate and put down anyone that had a BOSS 9 telling them that they just weren't worth what they cost and to be prepared as they were about to lose their a$$. Thankfully he finally went away. It's amazing how much the two of you are alike. Are you really shining monkey and have just found a different group to antagonize?

Almost sorry I started the post. At least the Ford gt I posted May be immune to whatever virus he has.well see. Just dont understand why someone prepares a well written post attacking the core subject of the forum.. woukdnt it be easier to just be nice or keep quiet

Personally I LOVE the 69-70 Shelby's as their front end is so unique.

Within the vintage crowd it seems to be love or hate, but I really dig the style.

BTW, my '68 KR is not slow, doesn't smell, and is 100% rust free original...

Here, this is for you MR. Sideoiler; I own a 65 Mustang as a daily driver and enjoy the pollution it puts out. I chose this car after owning a couple pervious vintage Mustangs and a brand new vehicle. In the end, since I do not have a lot of money to own multiple cars, chose my 65 stang as my DD. Yes, I have to maintain it and put up with stuff, but it is like a marriage or kids. You take the good with the bad. You are like a single kind of person that does not want marriage and/or kids. That's fine, but I will not preach to you why you should. Out of respect for others, it would be nice if you did the same. So except this or keep doing what your doing, and I am sure people will get tired of you and ignore your rude comments. Maybe better, a moderator can wipe out your crap all together for us! Here is a picture of my car and I am Damn proud of it! For cars that have been around this long, yeah I respect them! So do a lot of others!post-28087-0-46391700-1421194618_thumb.jpg

Now that is cool Mustang for sure, down to the Torque Thrusts you have chosen. I would not mind owning that one but would never daily drive it. Love a '65/'66 fastback done in a Shelby "esque" trim. Smart play on a mid 60s muscle car going the clone/tribute route and avoiding the stupid pricing of a CS serialized original. The price bubble on those cars is just crying to burst and it will when the boomers who have raised the ante on them land in nursing homes or loose interest and move on.

Thank you. Yes the original Shelby's prices are through the roof and I do wish I could afford one. And yes, I would drive a real one just the same. This was the next best thing and I enjoy every smile that gets put on the clock.

I myself am looking for another old one. I have it narrowed down to two particular cars. One being a 70 torino cobra 429/4speed and a 69 gt350 witha 4 speed. I just have to decide. They are both great cars

Have you drove the 429 Torino yet? I had wanted a Cyclone Spoiler for 45 years and finally a couple of years ago one came up for sale locally so I went to look. Nice car and all and maybe it had issues that could have been corrected but when I got on it the 429 CJ just didn't impress me at all. I don't know if it was just the fact that I am used to Mustangs and the Cyclone was heavy or maybe too tall a gear. Maybe an SCJ would have made a difference too but I was sure expecting more.

spoiler009.jpg

spoiler007.jpg

Yes the Torino and Spoiler are great looking cars. I fell in love with a new Grabber Green Spoiler sitting on the lot when I was 16 in 1970. I must have stopped in to look at it 20 times. I ended up with a used 1970 BOSS 302 the next year so I did okay. I could have bought the yellow Spoiler for 16K which didn't seem bad. Had it been faster I would have bought it. Good luck to you.

Have you drove the 429 Torino yet? I had wanted a Cyclone Spoiler for 45 years and finally a couple of years ago one came up for sale locally so I went to look. Nice car and all and maybe it had issues that could have been corrected but when I got on it the 429 CJ just didn't impress me at all. I don't know if it was just the fact that I am used to Mustangs and the Cyclone was heavy or maybe too tall a gear. Maybe an SCJ would have made a difference too but I was sure expecting more.

spoiler009.jpg

spoiler007.jpg

Very nice..

I always dreamed of a Shelby. My '13 has helped scratch the itch, but now I'm just start to itch more (know what I mean?). I don't know if I'll go for a '16 or '17 with the obvious technology advances, or go for the real lust. I've always wanted a '69 or '70. There's just something about the completely different front end that made them special in my adolescence dreams.

Maybe I should start playing the lotto...

I always dreamed of a Shelby. My '13 has helped scratch the itch, but now I'm just start to itch more (know what I mean?). I don't know if I'll go for a '16 or '17 with the obvious technology advances, or go for the real lust. I've always wanted a '69 or '70. There's just something about the completely different front end that made them special in my adolescence dreams.

Maybe I should start playing the lotto...

Or just buy one & hope to win the lottery.

Archived