TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Is In A Very Active Car Club?

Who here is in a very Active Car Club? A Club that likes to put on Events like Poker Runs and Ralley's to raise money for Charity? I have designed a cool Game that I call "CONNECT FIVE" and it should be a little more fun than a Poker Run. The rules are similar to a Poker Run. I am almost done with the production on the first couple of the "CONNECT FIVE" Games. Just like a Poker Run, it requires 5 People the Club to volunteer to put it on. I would like to find a Club that would be willing to play "CONNECT FIVE" and give me feed back. It is a fun way to raise money for a local Charity by charging $20.00 per Card and 50% of the Entry Fee goes to the Winner and 50% goes to the Charity.

David.

The car club I was in....is full of drama. Not renewing this year because of it.

Yeah, I left the Local Mustang Club here about 10 Years ago for that very reason. Several Mustang Owners kept telling me that should start my own Mustang Club so I finally did (MUSTANG SYNDICATE). I plan to put this Event on here to see what people think about the Game but I would like more feedback on it.

Interesting game concept, except here in Hawaii, gambling law requires all funds to go to the designated charity. Our active club has no problem with that as we do a lot of fund raising as part of many events.

On the other included discussion, yes, over the 30 years that I have been in this club, there has been occasional drama and board members with an agenda that was not appreciated. However, the club has survived each challenge finding that volunteers make the most of the club and the associations in it. Cars bring you into a car club, the members are what makes you want to stay...or leave. I have seen members (critics who do not volunteer) drop out to start their own clubs that do not survive once they see how much has to be done on a continuing basis. Some wanted to use the club for personal business enhancement. Others wanted to bankrupt the club with too many car shows without sufficient budget support because they were trophy whores that wanted more recognition for their cars. Most critics felt that there was an insider "clique" of members that were making all the decisions. At closer look, this "clique" was the same core group of volunteers that did practically all the work for club activities from car shows to banquets, family picnics to cruises, from game events to special car displays, etc. The common thread with the critics is that they rarely volunteered to assist, be on the board or do anything but attend car shows.

Good and enforced by-laws and regular membership meetings are essential for survival. And, yes, by-laws should be reviewed and modified over time when needed.

Anyway, we have done some poker runs so maybe the game that you have set up might be a good alternate activity. Runs do require a lot of work and planning, so it is usually more difficult to get the set up and station volunteers than the participants. If you PM me more info, I can pass it on to the club board for review as a possible future activity.

:cool:

Some people have more time on there hands than others. Odd work assignments and hours prohibit some from being able to attend meetings. Then when they do attend a meeting....they are considered a nobody.

For some reason I thought that clubs needed plain old regular members too. I guess I am wrong again. :banghead:

The car club I was in....is full of drama. Not renewing this year because of it.

The problem with car clubs is you may find people who have interest in the same type of car, but they may not be the type of people you want to hang out with. I find that to be the case more often than not. Drama ruins anything IMO.

The problem with car clubs is you may find people who have interest in the same type of car, but they may not be the type of people you want to hang out with. I find that to be the case more often than not. Drama ruins anything IMO.

That is why, when I started the "MUSTANG SYNDICATE", I will always be the president. There are 5 Commissioners that are elected that help keep this Club on the right path (I appointed the first 5). We do NOT let other Clubs dictate what WE do. I set this Club up basically like the MCA. We do not hold meetings unless there is a need to, and so far there has not been a need to. Most of the Members come to my "Monday Night Mustangs at HOOTERS and we also see each other at the Saturday Cruise Ins that take place 4 Saturdays a Month at different locations, so we don't really need to hold meetings. There are a few people that I will NOT let into this club because of THEIR baggage, they B1tch about EVERYTHING and keep cutting down other peoples Cars and I don't like that. I own the Domain Name, Web Site and I designed our Logo and I paid for the first 50 Tee Shirts.

Interesting game concept, except here in Hawaii, gambling law requires all funds to go to the designated charity. Our active club has no problem with that as we do a lot of fund raising as part of many events.

Anyway, we have done some poker runs so maybe the game that you have set up might be a good alternate activity. Runs do require a lot of work and planning, so it is usually more difficult to get the set up and station volunteers than the participants. If you PM me more info, I can pass it on to the club board for review as a possible future activity.

:cool:

I hope to be finished with the Game in about a week and will have 3 of them produced. I will send you a PM when I get them finished.

David.

Archived