TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found My Gt500

Bushmaster

On my car.....you could not see the letters very well at all on the white stripes from a short distance away. The White made the letters "whitewash" into the stripe. However the other letters that were not on the stripes were highly visible. This looked odd to me.

Here is what it looked like on mine centered and you will see what I mean about the "Whitewash" effect.
GOintheGrass008.jpg

This is why I like them back in the factory position. They stand out better.

GrabberOrangeGT500006.jpg

HoodPins053.jpg

HoodPins056.jpg

That's very helpful. I'm just a bit torn about the letter location. A part of me likes the stock location but I also like the KR location, too. I'll probably go with the KR one. Manny was going to get his body guy to see if he could remove the letters before shipping the car but told him not to push it if they don't look like they'll come off without boogering up the stripes. Did you have any problems getting the residue off your stripes? That is my only real concern - I just don't want to have to restripe the trunk if I can avoid it. If everything goes OK I'll probably just buy the template to put the on with the KR spacing.

Edit: On second thought, since you have all the dimensions down there, maybe I'll just save the 25 bucks and follow your instructions.

yep, you're right. its purely subjective. i was never fond of the alcoas myself, especially the 18" KR version. they look like wagon wheels and the extra-blingy chrome comes across as too pretentious for my taste. when the ford designers created the GT500 they specifically chose the brushed aluminum look over the faux chrome of the base Mustang and for that reason they just don't match the car in my mind. however, its clear my opinion is not the popular opinion. i'm sure it would end up looking killer, regardless.

That's pretty much how I felt about the stock chrome five-spokes on the SGT-C. I thought they looked fine on the black, white and blue cars but were just too much bling for the GO cars. The Shelby Redlines on mine were a lot of the reason I bought it......they just looked a lot more tasteful.

Like the old saying goes, if everyone liked vanilla, nobody would have invented chocolate!

They're sure nice! I've got a lot of other stuff I'll want to do first. To be honest, it's going to be tough to spend that much on non-performance items. I guess I'm old school - I've never bought new wheels, even on my racecar. Hell, even on my '65 GTO street racer back in the early '70s I just used widened GM rally wheels. Just couldn't reconcile spending money on looks when I could be spending it on go-fast stuff! But at some point I'll probably upgrade the wheels on this car.

That's very helpful. I'm just a bit torn about the letter location. A part of me likes the stock location but I also like the KR location, too. I'll probably go with the KR one. Manny was going to get his body guy to see if he could remove the letters before shipping the car but told him not to push it if they don't look like they'll come off without boogering up the stripes. Did you have any problems getting the residue off your stripes? That is my only real concern - I just don't want to have to restripe the trunk if I can avoid it. If everything goes OK I'll probably just buy the template to put the on with the KR spacing.

Edit: On second thought, since you have all the dimensions down there, maybe I'll just save the 25 bucks and follow your instructions.

If you use my dimensions, also use some blue painters tape to do some lay out. The old adhesive will come off with some good wax and some elbo grease.

I prefer the stock look.

Mods073.jpg

Sounds good - thanks for the info. Did you reuse the letters and what did you use for adhesive if you did? I guess I'll make up my mind on lettering placement when the car gets here next week. I'm really on the fence.

That's a really nice car! One of 168, right?

Sounds good - thanks for the info. Did you reuse the letters and what did you use for adhesive if you did? I guess I'll make up my mind on lettering placement when the car gets here next week. I'm really on the fence.

That's a really nice car! One of 168, right?

I bought new letters and they had the adhesive on them.

Mine is car #179 of 282 made in Grabber Orange

After selling my '08 GT-C back to its previous owner and a couple weeks of fairly intense searching, I've found my new toy. It's a 2009 with just under 20k on the odometer. Black with alloy stripes, black/red interior, Shaker 1000. Mods are limited to Wilwood rotors, KR exhaust and a strut tower brace, along with new Nitto NT555s. It's exactly what I was looking for with the added bonus of the interior.

I bought the car from Manny at Gaudin in Las Vegas after Tom Dankel (Cali_KR) told me about the car and Manny has been great to work with. As soon as the paperwork is completed the car will go in the trailer and should be here in about a week or so. I can't wait to get behind the wheel and start enjoying (and modifying) it.

2009GT500_zps58926bc6.jpg

7_zps3eea0868.jpg

Congratulations Mark, glad we found you the car that checked off all of the boxes on your list.

Motor on

Tom,

Purely subjective, but I've just never been big on the Razors. If I was going to spring for a set of wheels I'd probably look into the BMC Alcoa repros. Alcoas would be better but I don't buy lottery tickets. I think Alcoas on a black GT500 is about as good as it gets. I saw a black KR at the drag strip a few years ago and the result of that is my new car.

Go to the American Muscle site under Shelby Rims. They now carry an Alcoa type rim that is cast but has "Shelby" on the rim bead. Price is about what BMC charges yet they are a Shelby rims.

Tom

Go to the American Muscle site under Shelby Rims. They now carry an Alcoa type rim that is cast but has "Shelby" on the rim bead. Price is about what BMC charges yet they are a Shelby rims.

Tom

Is that the CS40? I had already bookmarked that one as a good possibility. Very nice wheel.

Good news! Car will be here in Austin this afternoon! Unfortunately, the weather for the next several days is going to be the pits but at least the car will be ready to play when the sun comes back out.

001_zps25a56227.png

Archived