TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going To Try Out The Signature Edition Super Snake, Thoughts On Color/stripe Combos?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your color choice too. Grabber Orange with the silver stripe is very sharp! I bet you have as hard a time keeping it in the garage as I did when mine was just a GT500, I can imagine how it will be when I get her home. I did want to drive her back but decided to trailer her back here. She has 2045 miles on her clock now and want to keep them down if I can. Welcome to the Signature Series Edition group and even better having #11!!

Never did get the center caps, it was an idea early on that they did not go through with (or that's what I was told). Pulled her out of the trailer and into the stable and so ends another exciting build.

I need to get it out more, but the roads are in need of repair around here. I can say it has a different feel than the Wide Body, but not in a bad way. Seems like such a smaller car!

And thank god the 5k miles was round trip!!!

Now to clean the frigging garage!!!

Regards,

Jim

6521A515-2BD6-424C-A134-13AF1F77D505_zps599A3CC3-5E9E-4154-AA10-9676095A4D16_zps5D54D4BC-1582-46AE-9C6E-BC5021284339_zpsA1C30EF1-944D-4CF3-B89D-A3D6A01D7144_zpsBFB5B173-4669-46BF-B568-01E683C6B5EF_zpsF52505C2-AB9C-4646-A5EB-82DC797ED124_zps7963636D-0AEC-4F26-9994-88F30090C2E2_zps0F9B6564-1F9B-4725-938E-4BADDE158CB8_zps

8603281E-AB92-4819-902F-D9CF4FC67945_zps8546ABD7-6DA7-4672-84BE-133A2718F91B_zps

I AM SOOOO ENVIOUS!

That's a good lookin' color combo. You really scored.

Too bad they waited to offer the stripe in a color other than black or they'd have one more Super Snake owner out there.

I SO wanted either a White thin-THICK-thin SS stripe or the double runway OTT stripes like the KR's have, on my Kona Blue '10 GT500.

They refused, I walked.

Phill

Beautiful color combo. Do the new SS wheels not have a center cap that says Supersnake? Also are all the SS CSM metal tags on the left strut tower? Just curious.

Thank you for the kind words! For the sig edition, they did not get proprietary center caps.....was one of the things that bummed me out. Its not even engraved Super Snake on the side of the rim....like all the other super snakes of the past (including the wide body SS wheels). Now that I think about it, not sure if they engrave the rims since going to Welds......

As far as the SS metal tags, front of drivers side strut tower.

That's a good lookin' color combo. You really scored.

Too bad they waited to offer the stripe in a color other than black or they'd have one more Super Snake owner out there.

I SO wanted either a White thin-THICK-thin SS stripe or the double runway OTT stripes like the KR's have, on my Kona Blue '10 GT500.

They refused, I walked.

Phill

Thanks Phill, and I hear ya on the stripes. is the proto or concept with that combo still for sale?

I AM SOOOO ENVIOUS!

Thanks and I'm glad so many people enjoy the way it turned out....I sure do!

Thanks Phill, and I hear ya on the stripes. is the proto or concept with that combo still for sale?

Dang. I've been looking all over the place for this comment. I knew it was out there but couldn't remember where.

But the answer to your question is "YES". The 2010 Kona Blue w/White "thin-THICK-thin" stripe prototype is still available....for a mere $125K.

BUT, it is a "One Of One" car, the ONLY 2010 GT500 Super Snake with a WHITE stripe rather than a Black stripe. They didn't start putting white stripes on the SS until 2011. I think this one will be one of those "out of the ball park" cars in the far future and if I had a spare $125K, I buy it purely as a investment. And if you know me, you know that I think buying cars as a investment is a really bad idea. In MOST cases. Not in this case though.

I can't figure out how to link it but you can find it by going to the "Vehicle" section (up above in the menus) and looking for the "Prototype" section. It is one big page, I'll see if I can 'copy/paste' it to this comment.

See if this works: index.asp

Of this: Rap2_01_04_01.jpg

Phill

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived