TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going To Try Out The Signature Edition Super Snake, Thoughts On Color/stripe Combos?

Thanks!! The armrest is part of the conversion. That being said, not sure if they do different thread colors????

Colored Sharpies work wonders on white thread...

Black, Blue, Red, whatever. You can make your own color thread.

Phill

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm diggin these wheels......

20150218_160154_zps7tnnuiqz.jpg

Those wheels are just a little polished. Just a little. Very nice looking car and very cool of you to share the transformation. I am sending mine off in a couple of months but this makes me want to send it sooner!

Well things were going too good, and with all SA builds, something inevitably had to happen.(lol) I found out yesterday the car is on hold while they figure out a "binding" issue in the blower. Apparently they had to send it back to KB, not sure why they couldn't use another one.....

I guess all intentions of meeting up with people after the Bash is out the window....ahhh well, next year!

Well things were going too good, and with all SA builds, something inevitably had to happen.(lol) I found out yesterday the car is on hold while they figure out a "binding" issue in the blower. Apparently they had to send it back to KB, not sure why they couldn't use another one.....

I guess all intentions of meeting up with people after the Bash is out the window....ahhh well, next year!

Did they figure out the problem yet?

Did they figure out the problem yet?

Nothing new other than the blower is getting replaced and they still did not have it as of last Friday. I have setup my delivery to be the 23rd of March, and they assured me it would be done by then.

O well

Hey JMaster,

I am really enjoying your cars transformation. I cant wait to see the finished product!

My 2011 Kona blue GT500 arrived there on Feb 18th and is scheduled to start mid March. It took a month to get it there and it looks like another month to get on a lift.

I can only hope my build goes as fast as yours.

I see you scheduled your delivery. Is that when your track experience is scheduled?

Hey JMaster,

I am really enjoying your cars transformation. I cant wait to see the finished product!

My 2011 Kona blue GT500 arrived there on Feb 18th and is scheduled to start mid March. It took a month to get it there and it looks like another month to get on a lift.

I see you scheduled your delivery. Is that when your track experience is scheduled?

We were there in January and I have to say the Wide Body Kona Blue was one of our favorites!

Hey JMaster,

Thanks JerseyJoe....I did not specifically ask, but I assume the delivery is at the track. I wish you all the best throughout your build, and I would hope yours goes even faster than mine has!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what color stripe did you go with? The Kona will be Killer!!

Jim

Thanks JerseyJoe....I did not specifically ask, but I assume the delivery is at the track. I wish you all the best throughout your build, and I would hope yours goes even faster than mine has!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what color stripe did you go with? The Kona will be Killer!!

Jim

I kept the white stripe. I thought about silver, but I just love the blue and white!

Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! Love the hood pins. It really looks good without the side scoops and quarter window stick ons too.

Are the rockers carbon fiber? Does it say "Signature Super Snake" on the quarter panel stripe? I can't make it out.

Very nice car!

Thanks for all the kind word people, I really think the car pops with the silver stripes and the polished rims. Cant wait to pick it up Monday, but not too happy that I will NOT be getting a track experience. I was told today that Gary, AJ, and Vince made the call. Not sure what the scoop is, but a little ticked off to say the least.

Looks great! Love the hood pins. It really looks good without the side scoops and quarter window stick ons too.

Are the rockers carbon fiber? Does it say "Signature Super Snake" on the quarter panel stripe? I can't make it out.

Very nice car!

Thanks!!! The rockers are CF, but I don't believe it does say Sig Ed on the qp stripe....

Thanks for all the kind word people, I really think the car pops with the silver stripes and the polished rims. Cant wait to pick it up Monday, but not too happy that I will NOT be getting a track experience. I was told today that Gary, AJ, and Vince made the call. Not sure what the scoop is, but a little ticked off to say the least.

Thanks!!! The rockers are CF, but I don't believe it does say Sig Ed on the qp stripe....

That's lousy given that was a selling point for the car. There should be something done to make that up to you monetarily or otherwise.

That's lousy given that was a selling point for the car. There should be something done to make that up to you monetarily or otherwise.

Why, did the sales brochure indicate you get Super Snake Signature Edition rocker decals on the car???

Phill

Why, did the sales brochure indicate you get Super Snake Signature Edition rocker decals on the car???

Phill

No I just could make it out on the pics and couldn't see if it said more than super snake.

Cool on the rockers being carbon fiber!

Phill

As far as I know none of the sales material mentioned anything about the stripes saying signature edition. Heck where would that even fit unless it was added further down the stripes.

Steve

Jim

Car is amazing. Been watching this thread for a few weeks and finally decided to voice my opinion. Nice choices on all you did. Makes me want to change mine now again to a SS. Almost did the 50th edition and at last moment changed my mind and bought some hunting property instead in North - Mid Michigan. Decided the car was still fun as is but everytime I see the changes everyone makes it gets my blood flowing.

Again. Nice

Cliff

Archived