TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going To Try Out The Signature Edition Super Snake, Thoughts On Color/stripe Combos?

Awesome. You will have the only Grabber orange SS with Silver Stripes.

I wonder if Shelby would convert a Silver KR into a SS? A person could take off all the KR parts and replace them with stock GT500 parts then send it in for the conversion. They would have the only silver SS ever and still have $20K of KR parts.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Shelby would convert a Silver KR into a SS? A person could take off all the KR parts and replace them with stock GT500 parts then send it in for the conversion. They would have the only silver SS ever and still have $20K of KR parts.

Why replace them with anything at all? Take the KR hood off, leave it off (Shelby puts a new SS hood on).

Take the KR wheels off, put 2 steel mustang wheels on with junk rubber.

Same with everything else. No need to replace with GT500 parts, just parts that allow the car to move.

Shelby keeps the take-off parts but they don't say they have to be GT500 take off parts!

Phill

Why replace them with anything at all? Take the KR hood off, leave it off (Shelby puts a new SS hood on).

Take the KR wheels off, put 2 steel mustang wheels on with junk rubber.

Same with everything else. No need to replace with GT500 parts, just parts that allow the car to move.

Shelby keeps the take-off parts but they don't say they have to be GT500 take off parts!

Phill

Will Shelby now Super Snake a KR? Has that policy changed?

R

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the OK from the boss to put my hat in the ring for the signature edition Super Snake build. At this time we have yet to even purchase the donor car, but I can tell you its almost MORE exciting the second time around. I have reserved #11/50 total cars spanning all years, and our intention is to start with a low mileage Grabber Orange GT500 as a base car. Any thoughts on if one year is better than the other? I am also curious to hear what you all think would be a cool wheel finish and stripe color as we can choose any combo we want!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Jim

Well Jim & Coleen,

Congratulations to both of you!!!! You are living life to the full for sure,I'm excited for both of you!!!

So I'm assuming that you are keeping the widebody convertible as well,and adding the GO to the stable.............Wicked!!!!!

I think your color combination is going to be awesome and will certainly "Grab" people's attention!

You had better save a few more pennies for next years Bash so we can all hook up again and hang out together,we are missing this years but should be there next yearso no excuses!!!!

Look forward to hearing and seeing all the updates and the finished car!⚠️

Well Jim & Coleen,

Congratulations to both of you!!!! You are living life to the full for sure,I'm excited for both of you!!!

So I'm assuming that you are keeping the widebody convertible as well,and adding the GO to the stable.............Wicked!!!!!

I think your color combination is going to be awesome and will certainly "Grab" people's attention!

You had better save a few more pennies for next years Bash so we can all hook up again and hang out together,we are missing this years but should be there next yearso no excuses!!!!

Look forward to hearing and seeing all the updates and the finished car!⚠️

Thanks Bud! Sounds like next year is a date as we are not going to be able to make it this year either. We could, but this car will probably be done mid March, so it just doesn't make sense to do 2 trips in one month. And yes, we are most definitely keeping the WB Vert, need another garage tho......lol

Oddly enough, I got some updates yesterday...will post soon. :victory:

Holy CRAP!

The Shelby shop is EMPTY. I've never seen it without it being full to the brim with a car on every single hoist.

No wonder they got right to yours.

Phill

Holy CRAP!

The Shelby shop is EMPTY. I've never seen it without it being full to the brim with a car on every single hoist.

Phill

I was thinking the same thing Phill! I'm surprised they didn't throw it on the lift when they got it!

Thanks for all the input guys! I am waiting to hear back from the seller of a nice 08 GO with around 4500 miles on the clock. Waiting on undercarriage shots.....

While I would love to start with a '13 or '14 for the power, I foresee most of them being built this way. If only they offered the GO for more than 2 years!!! I am looking for something different, and I think Pat nailed it with the silver stripes. I think the wife really digs the silver on the GO, but then what about the wheels....polished aluminum? I wish they still offered a chrome, but there is always aftermarket wheels I guess.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

Jim

Just as an afterthought Jim,I personally would go with the polished wheels with your GO with silver stripes car.

I love the polished look on wheels and I think that polished would look great on your colour/stripe combination!

If you had black stripes going on it them maybe black or the darker option would look ok on it,but silver stripe and polished.........Sexy!!!!

I like the silver stripes over the middle, but the sides stripes in that one photo posted prior just disappeared.

I think the GO cars really look best with the black stripes. Maybe go with a subtle change to matte black instead of the factory gloss black.

Holy CRAP!

Phill

I was just at the shop about three weeks ago and it was completely full with several waiting. They have truly made efficiency improvements. It looked like a well oiled machine.

Just as an afterthought Jim,I personally would go with the polished wheels with your GO with silver stripes car.

I love the polished look on wheels and I think that polished would look great on your colour/stripe combination!

If you had black stripes going on it them maybe black or the darker option would look ok on it,but silver stripe and polished.........Sexy!!!!

Ha, great minds think alike....that's what I went with bud!!

The anticipation! Many congratulations, this should turn out awesome.

Thank you kindly and I sure hope so as well!!!

I like the silver stripes over the middle, but the sides stripes in that one photo posted prior just disappeared.

I think the GO cars really look best with the black stripes. Maybe go with a subtle change to matte black instead of the factory gloss black.

Its kinda like the black on black with my other super snake. Until you get closer it is not very pronounced, which is what I prefer. I wanted something unique and subtle, thus I went with the silver. Thanks for the input!

I was just at the shop about three weeks ago and it was completely full with several waiting. They have truly made efficiency improvements. It looked like a well oiled machine.

Very good to hear, thanks for the update!

Jim

Slim we saw your car on Friday!

They are moving fast on it. We were there to pick up my wife's GT350 (also with Ralph). Yours was on the end lift and appeared to be the only grabber orange that I could see.

I think it looks better in person than in the pictures!

Hawkbarr

Steve, what about the Upfitter or 427 package for the KR?

The upfit package nor the Nascar 427 package came with a unique CSM number so that would not be considered double stacking. Same with adding the SC package to a Shelby GT, there's no CSM number for the SC package so it too wouldn't be considered double stacking of packages.

Steve

Got another update from Ralph, that guy is aces I tell ya!!! Says it should be done in 2-3 weeks....may be picking this up the week of the bash!!

004_zpstbpf05om.jpg002_zps8qjxi8zg.jpg001_zpsjqorw2ff.jpg005_zpszkdltk8e.jpg006_zpsghoa5ikd.jpg

Very cool and makes me get more fired up about my conversion. Is that armrest your own or is that what they put in as part of the package? That's pretty cool. I wonder if they do an embroidered SS arm rest with black thread.

Awesome updates. Please keep them coming!

That's looking awesome, Jim! Congrats on getting one of the most unique modern Shelbys out there!! And as fast as they're building it, maybe we'll see you at the Bash this year after all :happy feet:

Definitely a welcome change in production speed there... Well done, SAI!

Slim we saw your car on Friday!

They are moving fast on it. We were there to pick up my wife's GT350 (also with Ralph). Yours was on the end lift and appeared to be the only grabber orange that I could see.

I think it looks better in person than in the pictures!

Hawkbarr

Awesome!!! I am really excited to see the girl....I still have yet to see the car, went from the dealership in Pa straight to SA. lol

And BTW, your wife is one lucky lady!!!! :drop:

Your car looks so dang cool !!!!

Thanks Rob, your GO was the inspiration for me going with that color. Been quite envious since seeing it on this site for the first time!!! :worship:

Sweeeet!

Thanks Herald!

Very cool and makes me get more fired up about my conversion. Is that armrest your own or is that what they put in as part of the package? That's pretty cool. I wonder if they do an embroidered SS arm rest with black thread.

Awesome updates. Please keep them coming!

Thanks!! The armrest is part of the conversion. That being said, not sure if they do different thread colors????

You are gonna love your new car!

Awesome ride! But then you know that!

:victory: Thanks!!!

That GO SS is going to be amazing! Picking it up during the Bash would be very cool!

I am hoping at least to get her that week. More than likely I will not do the bash due to lack of time. I would like to meet up with some of the folks I have hung out with over the past couple years even if only for a bit!

That's looking awesome, Jim! Congrats on getting one of the most unique modern Shelbys out there!! And as fast as they're building it, maybe we'll see you at the Bash this year after all :happy feet:

Definitely a welcome change in production speed there... Well done, SAI!

Thanks Les and April! Hopefully I will be able to meet up and BS for a bit. I will keep in touch!

As far as the changes in production at SA....wayyyyyyyy faster this super snake around!!(even when throwing out the wide body portion) lol :worship:

Archived