TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40Th Listed On Ebay Csm 07Xl0124

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ oh but it was! The car is a blast to drive. It is quick and has some torque. I was her foster mommy for a while. She has always been in our shared storage with great company. Always super well maintained and kept clean and covered. She has been to lots of Shelby and MCA functions. I didn't quite agree with Tim taking her away from "stock" 40 Anniversary condition but it was his car and his choice. Enjoy her and learn about our 40th Anniversary Edition cars :-). Only 312 made and a few have been totaled.

thank you! i'm going to ensure i have all the correct parts to restore it exactly to 40th specifications, pack some of those components away for safe keeping and add a few mods of my own. OEM Eaton and gunmetal razors will be among those that get stored and will be replaced by my current silver razors and FRPP TVS kit for normal use. Also plan to swap my current Eibach Pro-Street suspension pieces to the car as well as my current exhaust setup (will buy another Borla kit for storing). Lastly, i'll swap out my Super Snake shifter, extreme duty heat exchanger and aluminum drive shaft. Should be fun!

Congrats 2007tungstenGT500!! You are getting a great car at a great price!! I think it is great that someone on TS bought it. Both Sherri and Tim are fantastic people and took great care of her, so no worries and be assured you got a fantastic deal for the money.

I think it should also be noted that Tim is amazing to have posted so much after he traded the car in, even during the holidays and his busy work schedule. It goes to show what a great guy he is!! I hope you are still enjoying your LS, Tim (I haven't had time to drive mine since the 50th in Vegas) and that you are loving the 50th 15. I went to the 16 GT350 Reveal in Gardena and think you will love it too!!

Sherri: See you in a few days!! Bring your 40th...haven't seen her since 2012....have to see her every 2 years right? LOL

Alex

Congrats on landing the 40th! Sounds like you got an amazing car at an amazing price. So happy to hear a TS member got it! Look forward to your rebuild to add your touches. Keep us posted.

Welcome to Team 40th!

Make us proud! Now get in the attic :)

Congrats 2007tungstenGT500!! You are getting a great car at a great price!! I think it is great that someone on TS bought it. Both Sherri and Tim are fantastic people and took great care of her, so no worries and be assured you got a fantastic deal for the money.

I think it should also be noted that Tim is amazing to have posted so much after he traded the car in, even during the holidays and his busy work schedule. It goes to show what a great guy he is!! I hope you are still enjoying your LS, Tim (I haven't had time to drive mine since the 50th in Vegas) and that you are loving the 50th 15. I went to the 16 GT350 Reveal in Gardena and think you will love it too!!

Sherri: See you in a few days!! Bring your 40th...haven't seen her since 2012....have to see her every 2 years right? LOL

Alex

Thank you to all of you. And "yes", I absolutely agree... "thank you" again, Tim. I really appreciate it. I plan to bring the car to tip-top shape and basically store it, with the exception of an occasional hill-country drive or car show. Guess I'd better wait until I take delivery and inventory everything before I buy any replacements, but it sure is hard to do!

I'm wondering if this is Sherri's car...? I went on a drive to a winery this past Summer and this car was in attendance...

gallery_33701_2276_124200.jpg

Alex

Thanks for the kind words Alex.

Thank you to all of you. And "yes", I absolutely agree... "thank you" again, Tim. I really appreciate it. I plan to bring the car to tip-top shape and basically store it, with the exception of an occasional hill-country drive or car show. Guess I'd better wait until I take delivery and inventory everything before I buy any replacements, but it sure is hard to do!

I'm wondering if this is Sherri's car...? I went on a drive to a winery this past Summer and this car was in attendance...

gallery_33701_2276_124200.jpg

Congrats, you got a great deal on a fantastic car.

Bonus points for Tim chiming in with all of the parts etc.

Motor on,

Tom

Happy New Year! Thank you, very much. I'm pretty amped up about it. I plan to take delivery of the car this Saturday. While I don't think the 40th package went far enough, it's definitely my favorite from SAI. I'm also excited about owning a more exclusive version of the modern-day Shelby Mustangs. I absolutely fell in love with the tungsten/silver stripe combo, of which there were only 384 GT500 coupes manufactured only in 2007, but it's nice to have a car that was also modified by Shelby American.

So, I've already purchased the extreme coolant tanks and radiator, as well as a watts link and replacement Borla touring cat-back system. I probably won't install that exhaust kit since I have had it on my current GT500 before and wasn't all that crazy about it, but I want to have it for correctness. That said, I'm curious what the rest of you might think about the following:

- I plan to install my existing FRPP TVS, which will require that I find an OEM Eaton for my tungsten car. If so, should I keep this original OEM Eaton with the 40th car? Or is it enough to pick up another used Eaton in the future (one with the OEM pulley still intact)?

- Anybody know where I can get a replacement leather seat cover for the driver's side seat? I remember when SAI couldn't get rid of them fast enough just a few years ago and now I can't find any (other than the ridiculously expensive Ford parts dealers).

In regard to the OEM Eaton, I wouldn't be concerned. Put the TVS on it and ask Steve to update the registry showing it as an owner mod. You'll want to update the registry as being the new owner as well.

Have you contact SPP about the seat cover? They may still have one available, especially with the new Special SS conversions coming up.

I too, am a fan of the tungsten w/silver. There was a tungsten 40th sold recently on Russo. Nice looking car!

Archived