TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40Th Listed On Ebay Csm 07Xl0124

Anyone know who's this is? I think I've seen it listed before??? Not sure what happened to the Razors. It has had quite a few mods done.

It looks like it could be a great driver!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221640768652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Dealer has it listed on their site $37,942.

http://www.ryanford.com/Used-2007-Ford-Shelby-GT500-SHELBY-GT500-Sealy-TX/vd/24359665

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, looks like they were interested in the 2010 model and tried to retrofit with wheels/valve covers. poor car needs some TLC. i'd put the black valve covers back on, add silver razors for starters. all those random stickers on the body of the car make me cringe too. get that crap off of there! the dash plaque needs to be re-centered, the door panel inserts need to be re-adhered, and i'd probably remove anything with the cartoon-like cobra snake logo on it. all things considered, it's not a horrible price for the mileage.

yeah, looks like they were interested in the 2010 model and tried to retrofit with wheels/valve covers. poor car needs some TLC. i'd put the black valve covers back on, add silver razors for starters. all those random stickers on the body of the car make me cringe too. get that crap off of there! the dash plaque needs to be re-centered, the door panel inserts need to be re-adhered, and i'd probably remove anything with the cartoon-like cobra snake logo on it. all things considered, it's not a horrible price for the mileage.

Agree, a little busy for me. I do like the red with satin silver though. Then again, I haven't seen a 40th I don't like :)

It is my 40th. I have the razors with pilot sports on them plus 1 spare. The 2010 wheels were the "driver wheels" that I used to protect the Razors. I used the razors for car shows. The dealer did not want them. All the original parts are with the car. The blue valve covers were put on in 2006. They are Ford GT valve covers. I was not trying to be like the 2010 cars (since it was 2006). I put the headers on when the valve covers were done. The clutch was replaced about 4000 miles ago.

The car has a VMP tune with JLT intake and the small pulley. 548 rwhp and 533 torque. The dash plaque was put on to show the Shelby signature and that is specced in the paperwork from Shelby.

Feel free to contact me if you need more info about the car. Yes, it has miles. It was a daily driver until it went to Shelby. It has been driven to the Bash (3000 mile round trip) a couple of times, to Birmingham for the 45th anny show, driven to mid America 3 times, and driven to Detroit to the Woodward cruise.

The car has been very pampered. I sold it due to buying my 2015 50th LE and I also getting a GT350.

dash plaque still needs to be centered. the signature will still be visible enough. but hey, what do i know... i just have a bachelor of fine arts degree in design theory & methodology.

That is the way Shelby did it and I have never had a complaint about it.

The car has these mods:

Steeda torque box braces, Shelby Baer Brakes, front brake cooling ducts, FRPP shorty headers, MRT high flow cats, H pipe and exhaust, BMR upper and lower control arms (and relocation brackets), steeda bump steer kit, steeda ball joints, steeda adjustable end links, JLT intake, VMP pulley and tune, JLT oil separator, FRPP 3:73 gears, FRPP girdle, caster camber plates, Tokiko shocks and struts (the eibach stuff was replaced),and extra set of mats.

There are 2 sets of owners manuals - one is the original set still sealed in plastic with the date of June 10, 2006 on them. All original paperwork is with the car. All maintenance receipts are included. All Shelby paperwork included.

B17,

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your 40th! I would love to own it if I can talk the mrs. into it. The conversation could go the wrong way though. My current 40th is more garage queen and she may decide I need it to be a DD. Any idea what your 40th can be had for?

I've said countless times I wouldn't sell my 40th, but it sounds like you're making quite a swap 50th and GT350, NICE !!!

It is my 40th. I have the razors with pilot sports on them plus 1 spare. The 2010 wheels were the "driver wheels" that I used to protect the Razors. I used the razors for car shows. The dealer did not want them.

I asked th dealer If they had the original wheels. They said they did and they are included in the sale. ????

It is my 40th. I have the razors with pilot sports on them plus 1 spare. The 2010 wheels were the "driver wheels" that I used to protect the Razors. I used the razors for car shows. The dealer did not want them. All the original parts are with the car. The blue valve covers were put on in 2006. They are Ford GT valve covers. I was not trying to be like the 2010 cars (since it was 2006). I put the headers on when the valve covers were done. The clutch was replaced about 4000 miles ago.

The car has a VMP tune with JLT intake and the small pulley. 548 rwhp and 533 torque. The dash plaque was put on to show the Shelby signature and that is specced in the paperwork from Shelby.

Feel free to contact me if you need more info about the car. Yes, it has miles. It was a daily driver until it went to Shelby. It has been driven to the Bash (3000 mile round trip) a couple of times, to Birmingham for the 45th anny show, driven to mid America 3 times, and driven to Detroit to the Woodward cruise.

The car has been very pampered. I sold it due to buying my 2015 50th LE and I also getting a GT350.

:worship: . That was a tough decision to make I bet........but you're adding some fantastic hardware to your family. :victory:

Answers to several questions. I told the dealer that I would include the razors if the buyer wants them. If the buyer doesn't want them (like a non Shelby person who has no clue) I will sell the razors. If the buyer ends up being a team Shelby person, I have some other goodies they can have. (Like some replacement stripes for the front and rear bumper that I had in case of fender bender or wear. (Never needed them).

As for the valve covers, I thought they looked cool and I was the only Shelby around that had them (don't worry the originals are with the car). They were done before the 40th conversion. Everyone likes to personalize their car. I took the curb feelers off before the sale.

thank you for the info... couple more while i have you thinking about it...

- does it have the 08+ crankshaft damper?

- do you still have the original borla catback system?

- what condition are the stripes in now?

- any idea how difficult it is to get a full stripe replacement kit?
- does it have the full super snake shifter or is that just the handle/knob?

- are the headers ceramic-coated?

If a non TS member buys the car. I would really like the front bumper stripes. I had a softball sized piece if asphalt hit my splitter and the stripe. Needless to say, the splitter and stripe did not fair so well.

The full kit is available from SAI if needed.

If you end up with left over 40th items let me know. Maybe your 40th can live on through mine.

Sorry for the slow reply. I had to fly to Honolulu.

Yes, it has the 08 damper.

The stripes are in excellent condition and you can buy them from Shelby. If not, graphics shops can make them for you.

The shifter is the FRPP shifter that Shelby offered at the time. They later changed to a different brand.

The headers are ceramic coated.

The alternator was replaced 3 years ago.

There is a Shelby car cover and front bra included.

The windows are tinted.

There is also a Craig's custom bracket front license plate holder.

I changed the oil every 3000 miles, flushed the brake fluid every year, and the coolant and power steering fluids were flushed last year.

2007tungstenGT500, did I buy the damper and a super charger from you? Your car looks familiar.

Tim

If a non TS member buys the car. I would really like the front bumper stripes. I had a softball sized piece if asphalt hit my splitter and the stripe. Needless to say, the splitter and stripe did not fair so well.

The full kit is available from SAI if needed.

If you end up with left over 40th items let me know. Maybe your 40th can live on through mine.

I will let you know. I still have several goodies.

The stripes are in excellent condition and you can buy them from Shelby. If not, graphics shops can make them for you.

The shifter is the FRPP shifter that Shelby offered at the time. They later changed to a different brand.

The windows are tinted.

I changed the oil every 3000 miles, flushed the brake fluid every year, and the coolant and power steering fluids were flushed last year.

2007tungstenGT500, did I buy the damper and a super charger from you? Your car looks familiar.

Tim

no, i don't believe so. I sold my OEM Eaton to somebody more than a couple years ago. my OEM damper went to a nearby scrap metal shop. again, thank you for the information on the car.

The windows are tinted.

Tim

We'll let it slide this time Tim.................... :hysterical: Have a fantastic Hawaiian Holiday.

Archived