TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber / Hydro Dipped Body Parts?

UKGT500

This winter I'm going to take my car off the road for a couple of months while the salt and grit is on the roads. I am going to do some jobs like get the wheels refurbished.

I have been thinking about getting some parts of the car hydro-dipped (carbon fiber look).

The parts I am thinking of getting done are: front spoiler, side skirts, maybe front grilles and hood vents.

I haven't seen the front grilles done though I have seen you can buy genuine carbon grilles for the 2013 which I like. I have seen the hood vents done which I also like.

I am almost definitely going to get the mirrors painted black and add carbon fiber caps.

Does anyone have any photos of this on their cars? I plan to go the hydro-dipping route for 2 reasons: Tru Fiber is pretty expensive and as I am in the UK the shipping and duty adds to the cost (a lot) and the items are very likely to get damaged in shipping in my experience....

Also I was talking to an owner of a 2008 Super Snake (725hp no less) a couple of months ago and his car had genuine carbon fiber side skirts and front spoiler but he mentioned he was disappointed that the rear bumper side skirts are still black as the rear bumper is moulded all-in-one (i.e. you can't remove the rear splitter / side skirts from the rear bumper) so I am not sure if that would look great on mine.

BTW my car is black with tungsten stripes:

Cheers, Malc

This winter I'm going to take my car off the road for a couple of months while the salt and grit is on the roads. I am going to do some jobs like get the wheels refurbished.

I have been thinking about getting some parts of the car hydro-dipped (carbon fiber look).

The parts I am thinking of getting done are: front spoiler, side skirts, maybe front grilles and hood vents.

I haven't seen the front grilles done though I have seen you can buy genuine carbon grilles for the 2013 which I like. I have seen the hood vents done which I also like.

I am almost definitely going to get the mirrors painted black and add carbon fiber caps.

Does anyone have any photos of this on their cars? I plan to go the hydro-dipping route for 2 reasons: Tru Fiber is pretty expensive and as I am in the UK the shipping and duty adds to the cost (a lot) and the items are very likely to get damaged in shipping in my experience....

Also I was talking to an owner of a 2008 Super Snake (725hp no less) a couple of months ago and his car had genuine carbon fiber side skirts and front spoiler but he mentioned he was disappointed that the rear bumper side skirts are still black as the rear bumper is moulded all-in-one (i.e. you can't remove the rear splitter / side skirts from the rear bumper) so I am not sure if that would look great on mine.

BTW my car is black with tungsten stripes:

Cheers, Malc

Hi Malc - Show your friend the link below, it is a CF overlay for the 2007-2009 GT500 and Super Snake. This panel was designed for Super Snake owners who want to finish out the CF look on their rear diffuser. I bought one for my 725 a couple of years ago, but I have not installed it yet. I also bought the CF mud flap/stone guards the replace the original oem black plastic, and would go with this CF diffuser.

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_11&products_id=86

R

Nice one, quite a bit of dough but it does look amazing - looks like a real quality part...

Malc

It is quite a bit of $$$. I think I paid $600 for mine when I bought it from them, but that was a few years ago.

It is the final piece that completes the CF look on the early Super Snake.

R

Archived