TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Houston Shelby Owners....breakfast Gtg

SVTSnake

Would like to gauge interest in starting a monthly breakfast get together for Shelby Owners. Since Coffee and Cars is now defunct, there is not a place for us to meet. This would be monthly, probably 1st Saturday of the month. I am open to locations, only there is some criteria to selecting a restaurant.

Unlike Coffee and Cars, we won't have to arrive at 5AM to get a parking spot!!
I think a 9:00 AM meet time is perfect!! And you can actually get there at 9!!!

1. Parking- needs to be plentiful, and hopefully somewhat open to a little loitering.

2. A place where we actually want to eat. Since we won't be hanging out in the parking lot the entire time. This won't be like Coffee and Cars, we will actually have to give business to the establishment of choice. I do not plan on getting "permission" to do this. If we are paying customers, I don't see any issues arising.

We can rotate this around to different areas or just stay with one restaurant so there is no confusion as to where it is every month. If you don't make it a few times, the next time you do you will know exactly where to go.

First nomination:

1. Cadillac Bar-Kemah Boardwalk
Plenty of parking. Entire place is built for loitering. Breakfast is affordable. They serve DRINKS for breakfast!! Micheladas, Mimosas, Bloody Marys....even just beer.

Did I say DRINKS...haha

I am not familiar with downtown Houston. Is there any place someone could recommend?

• 5 weeks later...

I remember when I owned an M3, we met one Saturday off of I-10 and Shepard. Believe it was north of I-10. Big parking lot (paved!). Rustic restaurant. Breakfast menu was awesome. Maybe around 16th street? Anyone know of the place?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I REALLY need to start getting a HEAD count for breakfast so we don't overwhelm Cadillac Bar. They need some notice so they can have enough staff on hand to properly serve our group. Please start a head count here for me if you ARE attending. Please list anyone you know of that is attending in a Boss, SVT, Cobra or FGT that is not part of HSO.

We can't complain about bad service if we don't involve them with a head count.

Thanks, let's make this a success and learn from any mistakes that are made. Also the lot they are holding has 19 parking spots. Do we need more!?

I need the restaurant to be staffed properly. Nobody likes bad service, not enough waitstaff or waiting to be sested. Especially when there are open tables everyone can see. Yet no staff available so we can be seated.

So if you are coming....I NEED A HEAD COUNT PLEASE!!!

SIMPLE POST

1 or 2 or however many my be with you.

Help make this a success so you will want to come back!

Thanks for your help!

I need the restaurant to be staffed properly. Nobody likes bad service, not enough waitstaff or waiting to be sested. Especially when there are open tables everyone can see. Yet no staff available so we can be seated.
So if you are coming....I NEED A HEAD COUNT PLEASE!!!

SIMPLE POST
1 or 2 or however many my be with you.

Help make this a success so you will want to come back!

Thanks for your help!

Alright guys, I have just been made aware of a Charitable BBQ Fundraiser by a fellow HSO member that he would like to incorporate in the day's event. So we are going to scratch the crawfish and move that to April's GTG. Instead we will be driving to the BBQ Fundraiser that begins at 2. They are working on securing parking for us together as a group. Hope to have everyone's support on this!!

BBQFundrasier_zpsuizimgbd.jpg

Archived