TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07Gt02C & 07Gt02P The Same Car?

6f09

Is 07GT02c black sgt show at the Aug.2006 National Ford dealers meeting VDO

the same as 07GT02p black sgt wide body that Shelby is selling /sold?

Thanks

GOD Bless

Jim & Judy

post-35543-0-35507800-1418063707_thumb.jpg

Is 07GT02c black sgt show at the Aug.2006 National Ford dealers meeting VDO

the same as 07GT02p black sgt wide body that Shelby is selling /sold?

Thanks

GOD Bless

Jim & Judy

07GT02C designates the car as the 2nd 2007 Shelby GT CONCEPT (the C at the end designates it as a Concept car).

The P at the end of the other designates it as the 2nd 2007 Shelby GT PROTOTYPE.

If both have a CSM tag, they are indeed two separate cars.

It's been my observation that Shelby American used the Concept designation for a car that did not yet exist and used the Prototype for a car that already exists but most likely not for that year (See: 2007 Super Snake Prototype vs the later 2010+ MY Concepts for examples).

Phill

We will need somebody from SAI to chime in. While I totally agree with what Phill is saying and his logic is 100% on, in this case, I do believe they took the 2007 "C"oncept car and then changed it to the "P"rototype car for the wide body project. All I know is that I want it, as that is an awesome looking machine, but that's not going to happen. When I can afford it, I'll be moving on to the new GT350. But maybe, convert my H to the only wide body GT-H also. It's already gone way past stock with the engine and many other things, so why not?

Sexy, sexy:

2007ShelbyGTwidebody_zpsa47cdfc5.jpg

We will need somebody from SAI to chime in. While I totally agree with what Phill is saying and his logic is 100% on, in this case, I do believe they took the 2007 "C"oncept car and then changed it to the "P"rototype car for the wide body project. All I know is that I want it, as that is an awesome looking machine, but that's not going to happen. When I can afford it, I'll be moving on to the new GT350. But maybe, convert my H to the only wide body GT-H also. It's already gone way past stock with the engine and many other things, so why not?

Sexy, sexy:

2007ShelbyGTwidebody_zpsa47cdfc5.jpg

Wish I had liquid cash. Every time I see it in Vegas I :drool:

very cooool

07GT02C tag was in the engine compartment

07GT02P was on the dash

both cars have the std. GT rear bump

07GT02C has GT on front fender

07GT02p has "Powered by Ford"on front fender

thanks

GOD Bless

Jim & Judy

We will need somebody from SAI to chime in. While I totally agree with what Phill is saying and his logic is 100% on, in this case, I do believe they took the 2007 "C"oncept car and then changed it to the "P"rototype car for the wide body project.

That's what I think they did too.

"Eliminated" the C car and turned it into the P car. P is for an existing platform so the P car was built to showcase the wide body application, IMO.

Which is why I said, "If both have a CSM tag, they are indeed two separate cars."

Phill

Archived