TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sai Selling Kr Front Sway Bars

Kevin Patten

Am I reading this right in SPP that they have a surplus of the KR front sway bars which they are selling for $50 each ?

and they have dropped $100 off of the price of the KR differential covers (which I thought was too much @ $250) but it's been awhile since I looked at those.

Kevin - Thanks for your call tonight alerting me to this. As you know I changed both my GT500 and my wifes GT500 to all the KR suspension parts recently & I was unable to locate the front sway bars anywhere. I just ordered 2 of them for our His and Hers 500's. $50 bucks each and $15.15 each on the shipping.

$ 50.00 each. These sway bars are surplus from the 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR program. They may contain minor cosmetic scratches from storage.

7R33-5482-BA-2KRfrontswaybar-1.jpg

....oh ya, I just ordered the rear Diff cover for Tana's car too. :happy feet:

Mine already has it.

$149. 99 Each, Plus $12 bucks shipping. These GT500KR Rear Differential Covers were used during the GT500KR Program in 2008 and 2009. Ford did extensive testing to guarantee a special cover that would not allow flex, afford maximum cooling, and be expandable (and easy-to-service) with separate fill and drain plugs. Comes complete with Ford mounting hardware.

KRDIFF-2KRreardifferentialcover.jpg

You're a good husband Rob !

Tana said, I remember that cool cover you put on your car. I need it. :victory:

I need to get the oil too.

The stock GT500 differential requires 1 bottle or 4oz of “friction modifier” to be added to the gear lube if you are changing the fluid in the pumpkin. Here's the Friction modifier and the fluid from Ford that is in our cars.

006.jpg

004.jpg

pull the top fill plug on my new cover and Pump in the new fluid (75W-140) and 6 oz of friction modifier. It took just over 2 quarts & 4oz (+ modifier) of fluid to do the job so you need to buy 3 quarts. After pumping part of the first quart in, I stopped and added the Friction modifier to the bottle and then continued pumping.

005-2.jpg

I took the car for a test drive and then parked it and checked for leaks. Everything is dry and I love the looks of my new rear end. happy%20feet.gif

008-1.jpg

So did you install the KR axle reservoir tank also in both cars ? The KR had an overflow tank on the rear end also . SPP also sells those :gaah:

No I did not do that mod....YET

YET stands for Your Eligible Too. :hysterical:

What a stinker I am - finding ways for you to spend your money (you may never get to retire)

The sales price break on both items is great. I could not resist. Plus I enjoy working on our cars. I like to do at least 1 or 2 mods to the cars every year.

I will be retiring early and this GT500 of mine is going to get driven a lot !! :shift:

The sales price break on both items is great. I could not resist. Plus I enjoy working on our cars. I like to do at least 1 or 2 mods to the cars every year.

I will be retiring early and this GT500 of mine is going to get driven a lot !! :shift:

You should put the reservoir tank on both. JMO

Because of the increase in fluid amount due to the cover it is best to add the reservoir such as SAI did on the KRs by removing the spring loaded vent cap and putting in a reservoir tank as to prevent pressure build up in the axle assembly and pushing fluid past the axle seals.

Both the reservoir and the cover were used on the KR axle assembly as a paired upgrade for the KR model as compared to the standard GT500.

You should put the reservoir tank on both. JMO

Because of the increase in fluid amount due to the cover it is best to add the reservoir such as SAI did on the KRs by removing the spring loaded vent cap and putting in a reservoir tank as to prevent pressure build up in the axle assembly and pushing fluid past the axle seals.

Both the reservoir and the cover were used on the KR axle assembly as a paired upgrade for the KR model as compared to the standard GT500.

Kevin - I see they have them for sale here: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/8r3v-4022-kr1.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Today I installed the KR front sway bar Tana's :wub: GT500 and mine. I compared the 2 bars very closely and found 5 things to note on the sway bars.

1. The part tag # is different on each bar. The Orange tag is the factory GT500 bar. The White tag is the KR bar Shelby sent me.

005-1.jpg

020.jpg

2. The factory GT500 sway bar has an additional mounting hole at each end that was not being used on my GT500. The KR bar does not have the extra holes.

002.jpg

3. The factory GT500 bar weighs 14.6 pounds. The KR bar weighs 12.4 pounds. (2.2 pounds lighter).

018.jpg

4. I measured the outside diameter of both bars in several spots. They are the same. I fuzz over 50.

004.jpg

5. The shape is exactly the same.

016.jpg

017.jpg

Archived