TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fully Functional Shotgun, Disguised To Look Like A Toy

This is a fully functional shotgun, disguised to look like a toy. I suspect that we'll be seeing more and more of this. Be careful out there. Found on an Ohio Sheriffs Department Face Book.

:nonono: ...................I see no good in a weapon disguised as a child's toy.

+1 ... this is just an accident waiting to happen.

A tragedy to be exact. I work closely with our law enforcement partners. A very tough job and getting tougher. They have to be on the defensive in most of their interaction.

" :nonono: ...................I see no good in a weapon disguised as a child's toy" Totally agree My500SS.

A tragedy to be exact. I work closely with our law enforcement partners. A very tough job and getting tougher. They have to be on the defensive in most of their interaction.

" :nonono: ...................I see no good in a weapon disguised as a child's toy" Totally agree My500SS.

So true. Way to many no win situations and this stupid weapon makes it that much worse.

I have seen a lot of scary stuff over my career and I am rarely surprised anymore on what I see. Nothing good ever comes of things like this. An officer looking down the barrel of something like this might have 1-2 seconds to decide if real or a toy so go figure on the comment a cop made it, very doubtful.

Regards........ GG

I have been harassed by these people without cause and have had family members murdered by these people without cause and they always seem to avoid conviction.They try to be judge, jury and executioner, just turn on the evening news every night and there is at least one officer involved shooting on an unarmed person every evening if not more! Iam sorry if I feel no sympathy for them, they wanted the job . No one forced them to take it. We have given them too much authority over the citizenry and they are currently abusing it daily.

What kind of a comment is that?

I have been harassed by these people without cause and have had family members murdered by these people without cause and they always seem to avoid conviction.They try to be judge, jury and executioner, just turn on the evening news every night and there is at least one officer involved shooting on an unarmed person every evening if not more! Iam sorry if I feel no sympathy for them, they wanted the job . No one forced them to take it. We have given them too much authority over the citizenry and they are currently abusing it daily.

Sorry, you sound like an asshole. Just my opinion. :hysterical:

I don't normally get involved in discussions regarding my profession and most people understand how dangerous it is to be a law enforcement officer. I thought I would share the FBI Crime Stats for 2013 to give some info on officer deaths. Officers have very little information when responding to calls for service on what they are going to be dealing with and must rely on their training and instincts.

Regards........... GG

Washington, D.C. May 12, 2014

• FBI National Press Office (202) 324-3691

Preliminary statistics released today by the FBI show that 27 law enforcement officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2013, a decrease of more than 44 percent when compared to the 49 officers killed in 2012. By region, 15 officers died as a result of criminal acts that occurred in the South, six officers in the West, four officers in the Midwest, and two in the Northeast.

By circumstance, seven officers were killed as a result of ambushes (four during unprovoked attacks and three due to entrapment/premeditated situations). Five officers died from injuries inflicted as a result of answering disturbance calls (three of which were domestic disturbances), and five officers were engaged in tactical situations. Three officers sustained fatal injuries while they were investigating suspicious persons or circumstances, three were conducting traffic pursuits or stops, and three officers were responding to robberies in progress or pursuing robbery suspects. One officer was killed as a result of an investigative activity.

Offenders used firearms in 26 of the 27 felonious deaths. These included 19 incidents with handguns, five incidents with rifles, and two incidents with shotguns. One victim officer was killed with a vehicle used as a weapon. (This occurred in the City that I work in)

Nineteen of the slain officers were confirmed to be wearing body armor at the times of the incidents. Six of the officers fired their own weapons, and three officers attempted to fire their service weapons. Two victim officers had their weapons stolen; one officer was killed with his own weapon. The 27 victim officers died from injuries sustained in 26 separate incidents. Twenty-five of those incidents have been cleared by arrest or exceptional means.

An additional 49 officers were accidentally killed in the line of duty in 2013. This total represents one officer more than the 48 officers who were accidentally killed in 2012. By region, 31 officers died due to accidents in the South, nine in the West, five in the Northeast, and four in the Midwest.

Twenty-three of the officers died as a result of automobile accidents, nine were struck by vehicles, and four officers were in motorcycle accidents. Four of the officers were killed due to falls, and two from accidental shootings, two from drowning, and two died as a result of a training exercise. One officer died due to electrocution and one from smoke inhalation, and one officer was killed in an aircraft accident.

Of the 23 officers who died due to automobile accidents, 14 officers were not wearing seatbelts; three of these officers were seated in parked vehicles at the times of the incidents. Eight of the victim officers were wearing seatbelts, and seatbelt use was not reported for one of the officers who was killed due to an automobile accident. That incident was still under investigation at the time of this release.

Final statistics and complete details will be available in the Uniform Crime Reporting Program’s publication Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2013, which will be published on the FBI’s website in the fall.

Well I might as well throw my hat in here. I have had several run ins with police, all involving traffic tickets. Nothing more than issued a citation. Sometimes I do think police profile and whatnot and they are not always my favorite people out on the road. But I do have to give them credit for the job they do. They put themselves in harms way everyday just to do their job. Somebody has to do it.

And I'm sorry but I just don't see how an officer murders someone out of the blue. Completely unprovoked and the person did nothing whatsoever to make the officer open fire? That is just hard to believe. Like I said I've had my fair share of run ins and not once had any problem. WHY? Because I show the officer respect and don't mouth off or become aggressive toward the officer. And also because I know I got pulled because of something I did and take full responsibility for it. And I really doubt officer's are just harassing you Boris. You mean to say there is not one thing you doing to cause an officer to pay attention to you? Not saying I guess it can't happen, but it just doesn't seem likely.

I really doubt officer's come to their job everyday saying, today I'm going to go harass so and so and go and murder this random guy today.

As said before, their job is very tough and is getting tougher everyday.

As these recent stories on the news involving the two deaths, you mean to tell me the officers were not provoked or anything???

So there, that's my opinion on this!

Well I might as well throw my hat in here. I have had several run ins with police, all involving traffic tickets. Nothing more than issued a citation. Sometimes I do think police profile and whatnot and they are not always my favorite people out on the road. But I do have to give them credit for the job they do. They put themselves in harms way everyday just to do their job. Somebody has to do it.

And I'm sorry but I just don't see how an officer murders someone out of the blue. Completely unprovoked and the person did nothing whatsoever to make the officer open fire? That is just hard to believe. Like I said I've had my fair share of run ins and not once had any problem. WHY? Because I show the officer respect and don't mouth off or become aggressive toward the officer. And also because I know I got pulled because of something I did and take full responsibility for it. And I really doubt officer's are just harassing you Boris. You mean to say there is not one thing you doing to cause an officer to pay attention to you? Not saying I guess it can't happen, but it just doesn't seem likely.

I really doubt officer's come to their job everyday saying, today I'm going to go harass so and so and go and murder this random guy today.

As these recent stories on the news involving the two deaths, you mean to tell me the officers were not provoked or anything???

AMEN TO THAT. As many times that I have been pulled over, I rarely, "RARELY" got a ticket for that same reason.

AMEN TO THAT. As many times that I have been pulled over, I rarely, "RARELY" got a ticket for that same reason.

Same for me. Been pulled over a few times and every time it's because of something I did.

Man, it must be a bitch being that unlucky. I mean, somehow being picked out as the one who's going to be harassed for no reason. How does that happen? Do they draw names out of a hat, look in the phone book, how is it that they arrived at, "Okay, troops, here's the name of the guy that we're going to screw with for no reason whatsoever...yep, Boris!" ...Dude, you shouldn't be buying any lottery tickets with luck like that.

I'm surprised you even get out of bed in the morning much less drive on the streets.

Read this in the No Topic Thread posted by grsybtch

"Saw this on Facebook.......thought it interesting"

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year-one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world. They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid”.

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know. Never less, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue".

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us. And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job".

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government”. We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn. We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted-badge wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place. If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” and not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters because “we all do the same things” even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys”. We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?” To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexual promiscuous behavoir, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help.

Yes, I stopped caring today.

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on,.................... and I will care again.

Lt. Daniel Furseth
DeForest Police (WI)

I will always respect the men and women in law enforcement. While there may be some that tarnish the profession, it is the very small minority. I am glad there are individuals willing to do this job!

I will always respect the men and women in law enforcement. While there may be some that tarnish the profession, it is the very small minority. I am glad there are individuals willing to do this job!

Well said Harald and I agree. Like in everything there are always going to be that small minority that will make the others look bad, but you have to look past it. I too am glad there are those out there that are willing to put their life on the line for me.

Well here in NJ and NY I turn on the news and see two to four shootings every day and its not the cops doing the shooting so think about that, and maybe you should think about why you and your family keep having interaction with the cops

Archived