TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Mounts

Which strut mounts would you recommend for a non track street car. The caster camber plates or the upgraded Gt 500 units? Also any problems with the caster camber plates with NHV? I am looking for the best upgrade for my GTH. Thanks Harley

Harley

Are you getting even tire wear ? (you are rotating them right?) If yes - go with the GT500 units , if you are encountering uneven wear inside/outside then go with the adjustable caster/camber plates. In other words don't go with the c/c plates unless you need to be addressing tire wear (camber) and/or pull (caster spread) issues. JMO

I replaced the tires about two years ago on the 07 GTH. The old ones were worn bad on the inside tread. They only lasted 25,000 miles. I have about 10,000 miles on the new ones but I am noticing some front inside passenger side wear. The car has 35,000 miles now. I have the Shelby plates but have not installed them yet. The question is do I use them or go with camber bolts and GT500 mounts when I get the front end specifications checked. My 06 GTH doesn't seem to have this problem and sits lower than the 07. Thanks for you input. Harley

I think I will use the caster camber plates on my 07 GTH and the GT 500 parts (LCA and strut mounts) with camber bolts on the 06 GTH to see which I like better. I will know next spring. I am sure the little woman wouldn't like any extra noise on her 06.

It is nice to do some winter mods. I got a good friday deal on my dyno tech drive shaft for the 07 and it went on easy and looks great. The 07 I mod and the 06 stays stock. Thanks for your input and help. Harley

From what I under stand the convertibles only got the lowering springs, even though the coupe still sits lower. The 07 has a front tire wear problem, and the 06 a front clunking noise, I hope to fix both this winter. Harley

Archived